Topic: Joshua vs. Pulev (Postponed)

Joshua vs. Pulev (Postponed)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,989
  • Post Score: 47

03.02.2020 | 2:14 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Joshua vs. Pulev (Postponed)
  • Saturday 06.20.2020 at 01:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: DAZN
  • Promotion: Matchroom Boxing
  • Ownership: Matchroom Sport
  • Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info

Responses

2020.03.02 2:15 PM ET

bout announced

Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,835  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

03.05.2020 | 9:55 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 1st with 23 others

Anybody still think Joshua is a glass cannon? That Ruiz 'exposed him'? Pulev gonna crack him on the chin and put him out?  Pulev did hurt and have Klitschko wobbling before getting tired and finished himself. He has dominated everyone else.
I don't think this myself, just curious if anyone else does

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.06.2020 | 1:28 AM ET

I've always though Joshua is overrated. Like seriously in the 90's he'd have never got near the belt and would have just been highlight reel fodder. He's benefiting from a pretty weak HW landscape. Can't take a shot, can't read hooks....basically he looks good against shot guys and smaller guys. The Ruiz rematch was the most sackless point-fairying in the history of HW Boxing.  I honestly think Dylan whyte would blast him into orbit, hisshort hooks inside are ******* mental.

I'd have said the same thing with absolute confidence about Wilder too but holy ****balls did that fight ever prove that Deontay is about as useful in reverse as a ******* boat. I'd still back Wilder to win though because Joshua isn't a real fighter. H ecan't handle taking damage, and Deontay can for all he lacks skill.

pulev is a bucket of **** and another cherry-pick, I'd be pretty surprised if he can finish Joshua.I will not watch this fight. In fact the only time I'll be watching Joshua is when he's made to fight Fury or Wilder. Or whyte.

* Edited at 03.06.2020, 2:53 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 3 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

03.06.2020 | 4:10 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 1st with 23 others

Haaha.  Though I never outright asked you the question, Fishy boy! I was putting it out there with you in mind, with you being this sites main Joshua doubter. Ha  You could say I was fishing for your comment and I got a bite! Ha, You see what I done there?  See mate, who says this site isn't entertaining, we don't need spiteful hatred to be entertained do we? haha
Anyway, about Mr. Joshua.  Of course, I respectfully disagree with most of you're points. I'm gonna try my best to explain without sounding like Tepid!!!! He would get melted in the 90's? I mean his era is the 2010/20's so that statements redundant.  But, hypothetically, Tyson, post Jail(94,95 I'm sure) was not the terrifying force of the 80's, Bowe literally threw his WBC belt in the bin rather than face Lennox and got beaten up by Golota til he continuously nut shotted his way outta victory! so, you know. The 2 true elite guys of the era Holyfield and Lewis, yeah they likely beat Joshua, but **** that's 2 all time guys, so what Joshua isn't an all time guy. Outside those 4 names, the 90's nect best guy was a near 50 yr old Foreman, mentally challenged Golota, ehhrm Tommy Morrison, Shannon feckin Briggs.  Don't get me wrong I aint dissing on the 90's, I grew up on them fights! But I do think this era is close to comparable.  With Fury, Joshua, Wilder(for all his deficiencies he had an all time punch!). I would also argue the skill level has risen slightly with time, as in all things, progress is made. 

Only looks good against shot guys and small guys.  In my mind Joshua has the best resume of any current Heavyweight, though Fury has 2 huge wins and Dillian is building a nice resume only because Wilder avoided him so feckin long!!! Joshua has less fights but more wins over Champions and  top 10 guys.  Ruiz was a small guy, he looked ****** awful against!!!  But, the rematch in which you say he ran like a *****, or wors to that effect!! To me, he adapted, overcame and showed a completely different style and was effective with it.  I give him a lotta credit for that.
To say he's made for Whyte when he already knocked Whyte out cold, really was a nasty KO in a great fight mind you!  But he soundly beat him once and, though Whyte has improved, so has Joshua, so I'd expect the same outcome.  The fight to make obviously is Joshua vs Fury.  I am actually leaning Fury to win, as most people are. I do not think it would be the shellacking that a lot of people are predicting.  Fury could not walk forward and put Joshua on the back foot like he did Wilder, for the simple fact that Joshua has actual good footwork, he has a jab, a hook, a slip etc. Not just the Big right and a decent Jab that Wilder has.  
I agree Jioshua's head is kinda straight up and stiff and he has been cracked.  But I don't say he has no chin! I say he has minerals, heart, bottle! To get up of the floor and finish Klitschko, to be wobbled by Whyte then finish him, even vs Ruiz he got up 4 times and kept swinging.
Anyway, I have went on a bit there!!! Haha
Do you think I am talking utter ****e or can you see agree with anything I have said???

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.06.2020 | 5:22 AM ET

Spinks, Buster douglas, foreman. Hell even the ghost of Tyson who turned up as a blood offering for Lewis would have beaten Joshua. He's garbage.

Joshua's best win is still Vlad who was 1000 years old when they fought and he still dropped him on his ass. Then he got wrecked by a fat T-Rex, and had to hind behind his 9 feet of range pawing a jab to win a decision against said fat T-Rex because he was too scared to actually fight him.

If you don't want to fight, I'm not interested. FOFO; Fight or **** Off. Pawing a Jab for 12 rounds isn't fighting. It's scoring. I have zero respect for him. Kell Brook literally loses more courageousness and entertainment value every time he takes a dump that Joshua has or will ever have.

Joshua is not even worth an illegal stream. I will literally never watch him fight again unless it's to see him lose.

* Edited at 03.06.2020, 5:26 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 3 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

03.06.2020 | 5:34 AM ET

Haha, so my points didn't change your opinion then!!! Haha

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

03.06.2020 | 5:35 AM ET

I ****en spent an hour on that speil too ya flaming mongrel!!

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

03.06.2020 | 5:36 AM ET

Also Buster ******* Douglas!!!! Ppppftttt!!! Hahaha!  Jesus christ mate, you really think Joshua is garbage do you!!

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,278  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

03.06.2020 | 9:15 AM ET

@Mikey1903

Some American boxing fans will never accept that the days of Americans dominating the sport are over.
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

03.06.2020 | 9:27 AM ET

Yeah, I agree that USA are bias towards American boxers, 

But, I don't get why you brung that up?  I was speaking to Fish, he's Australian mate!!! Haha

tepid55
tepid55

03.06.2020 | 9:36 AM ET

I see it on Youtube all the time. There are people on Youtube that say they support boxers of African descent, the catch is that the can't be from a country other than the USA.  I think they wish that is was still the 1970s.
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

03.06.2020 | 10:00 AM ET

I mean what do you expect to see on YouTube??? The YouTube comment sections are full of some of the dumbest people on earth!!! Ha
I'm all for supporting your own guys though, I am bias towards and support all Scottish fighters, bar Paul Craig!!!!
It's more the thinking that there aren't any good fighters outside the US I don't agree with.  UK rules Heavyweight, Eastern Europe and Africa Cruiser, Japan rules the Flyweights, I could go on.

tepid55
tepid55

03.06.2020 | 12:01 PM ET

Most of the boxers that I like aren't American.
2020.04.03 4:19 PM ET

bout status update

Joshua vs. Pulev Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Full PFL Uncasville Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler official with 7 fights booked so far
  • MMA Mania : Bull-Riding Cerrone ‘Rushed Into Surgery’
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara gets replacement opponent for Combate Global debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Caio Borralho questions why Paulo Costa can’t fix ‘basic’ mistake that led Robert Whittaker loss
  • MMA Mania : How, When To Buy Tickets For UFC 303