Tapology Forums

Matches to make after UFC 247

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

reymann
reymann
  • Predictions:  97  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  126
  • Post Score: 120

02.09.2020 | 10:46 AM ET

Fight Pass Prelims:

Austin Lingo vs debutante
Youssef Zalal vs Seung Woo Choi
Andre Ewell vs Kyung Ho Kang
Domingo Pilarte should be cut
Journey Newsom vs Dwight Joseph

ESPN Prelims:

Miles Johns vs Jonathan Martinez
Mario Bautista vs Benito Lopez
Alex Morono vs Means/Rodriguez loser
Kalinn Williams vs Potter/Song winner
Andrea Lee vs Lucrezia Ria
Lauren Murphy vs Roxanne Modafferi
James Krause vs Zaleski dos Santos/Kunchenko winner
Trevon Giles vs Antonio Arroyo

Main Card:

Ilir Latifi vs Tai Tuivasa
Derrick Lewis vs Ngannoun/Rozenstruik loser
Mirsad Bektic vs Nik Lentz
Dan Ige vs Shane Burgos
Juan Adams should be cut
Justin Tafa vs Aspinall/Pessoa winner
Katlyn Chookagian vs Antonina Shevchenko/Calvillo winner
Valentina Shevchenko vs Amanda Nunes 3
Jon Jones vs Dominick Reyes 2

Responses Page 2

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

02.10.2020 | 4:57 PM ET

Nor do i have to

I discussed it in the discussion thread. Reyes came in hot each round and dipped off. A lot of what he threw I felt was actually defended, slipped just misses or rolled of Jones’ arms. I felt they inflicted equal actual damage in the rounds but Jones pressured late, which I know means **** but given equal damage it becomes part of it. I don’t believe either guy clearly won. I believe they should rematch. I believe rounds 2-3 in particular were basically even rounds. I don’t buy into compustrike. 

You can claim whatever you’d like, even that you know what I think or thought. Your welcome to your opinions, the wrong and right ones. Yet, when you pretend to know how I view things, I assure you you do not.   

You’re not the only one who read and understands the judging.  I’m not even speaking towards your interpretation of the rules.  It’s my opinion people often disagree with your interpretation of what happened within the fight. Why you believe you’re the authority on this is very hilarious to me. Adorable even. 

It’s my opinion the fight could’ve been called either way and it would not be a robbery. I believe an instant rematch is more than fair. You can disagree all you’d like. That’s fine. However, it is my opinion and you’re stronghold opinion, may be respectable, but it is not mine. Even if you claim it is, I assure you it is not. I do admire your conviction, believe it or not. However, I believe you lack tolerance or acceptance towards others who disagree with you. 

I wish you well in both real and fantasy mma inter web life. Yet I do find it pompous and arrogant to claim I’m lying or to know saw the fight differently than I’ve stated. Whether I’m wrong or your wrong in scoring isn’t relevant. It’s subjective, whether you realize that or not. 

Thank you so much for this conversation. My hope is that we can both grow from this and become better forum members. Best wishes to you in all future endeavors. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Hippie
Hippie

02.10.2020 | 6:43 PM ET

What thread do I put this in ?

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

02.10.2020 | 7:05 PM ET

I’d of put in the other thread personally. Too late though, ya fricking hippie!

Hippie
Hippie

02.10.2020 | 7:09 PM ET

Haha.. ok which 1 ?

I’ll move it.. :-p

* Edited at 02.10.2020, 7:09 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

02.10.2020 | 7:17 PM ET

@Swain the thing is man, the phenomenological (subjectivity) still has to have some basis in the material because that is what it is referencing. Probably the only exception to this is Abstract Art which is meant to elicit emotions by being not about anything (I just see blobs of paint and feel nothing, but I digress).

So even a subjective opinion is not excluded from qualifiers. For example, I think Reyes won because he hit Jones more, and hit hm harder. And I can point to where this happened in the fight. I can show you Jones buckling, getting floored, getting wobbled and covering up, getting tagged and retreating, getting hit against the fence, and getting hit with thunderous body shots that are audibly heavy. I can show you Reyes stuffing every TD for three rounds. I can show you both Reyes and Jones hitting and missing. I dedicated an entire thread to it.

But you cannot do the same--not for Jones, because those same moments for Jones do not exist. Where? Show me Reyes getting dropped on his ass, getting taken down, and getting wobbled in the first three. Show me Jones landing more, and landing the heavy shots, which are significant strikes. In fact show me anywhere in the first three where Reyes is visibly hurt.

Now, you might be able to contest the non-significant strikes as I broke them down. But what you absolutely cannot contest are the strikes that caused Jones to visibly react--those that caused immediate, visible damage. Nobody can, or would even try to, because blind Freddy can see it. And over three rounds, almost all of those species of strikes were landed by Reyes.

The most you can show me is Jones pushing the pace and controlling the cage, but that doesn't win fights.

There is no case to make for Jones winning the first three. Pride rules, he loses. Judging criteria, he also loses. And as usual, it's you going on the attack with ad hominem attacks. not me.

* Edited at 02.10.2020, 7:56 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

02.10.2020 | 7:37 PM ET

Yet he won

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

02.10.2020 | 8:06 PM ET

So did Ewell.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 20 hours, and 29 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

02.10.2020 | 8:16 PM ET

Exactly 

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

02.10.2020 | 8:52 PM ET

This is shaping up to be a real battle of wits
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,042  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,188
  • Post Score: 191

02.10.2020 | 11:18 PM ET

Guys, lets Reyes defend is new belt againt Thiago Santos. This guys win 2 rounds with a broken legs last time we saw him. Jones should fight to earn is rematch ;)

"Never go down without a fight"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

02.10.2020 | 11:32 PM ET

I could make a list of guys I'd rather see Jones fight.
Rematch is NOT warranted. Reyes didn't earn the first chance. NEXT!
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

02.10.2020 | 11:34 PM ET

C'mon please

Junior
Nganou
DC adesanya
Cris Weidman
Tito
Reno
Ringo
Walker jr
Romero
Adesanya
Miocic
DC
Nganou
Tj
McGregor
Khabib
Woodley
The rock
Cm punk
Ronda Rousey's loser husband
Ronda Rousey
Heck even Nunez

* Edited at 02.10.2020, 11:37 PM ET *

Seanshelby
Seanshelby
  • Predictions:  8,556  |  76.7%
  • Forum Posts:  19
  • Post Score: 221

02.12.2020 | 11:43 PM ET

I’d like to See Jones Reyes 2 so there’s no controversy. As far as Shevchenko I think the only fight for her right now would be a crossover with Bellator Champ Ilima Macfarlane, though that’s almost certainly not going to happen. The women’s flyweight division in the UFC is lacking depth right now and there are no serious title challengers. Match Dan Ige up against Sodiq Yusuff or Arnold Allen, and give Derrick Lewis the winner of Overeem Harris 
Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

02.13.2020 | 11:57 AM ET

If people are saying Reyes should get an immediate rematch shouldn't Thiago Santos? 

I think the Blachowicz/Anderson winner should be up next. 

For the rest of the LHW Division this is what I'd like to see or something similar. 

Teixeira vs Anthony Smith (Already booked, would prefer Teixeira vs Volkan though)

Jiri vs Rockhold or Krylov/Walker winner
Spann vs Rakic

That leaves Santos vs Reyes. Winner gets Jones if he can manage to get by the winner of Anderson/Blachowicz. 

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200