Tapology Forums

5th Anniversary of the UFC-Reebok Deal: Opinions on the matter now compared to then?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

02.02.2020 | 2:14 PM ET

Time sure flies by quick eh?

The MMA world has changed a lot since the start of the new millennium but nothing has been more drastic than the recent changes to the UFC over the past five, as the world leader in Mixed Martial Arts is almost a completely different promotion than what it was five years ago. And the genesis of that transformation is arguably this decision right here. The highly controversial UFC-Reebok Uniform deal. A deal that has sparked a lot of frustration, disappointment, as well as hilarious memes that has given Reebok a general feeling of disgust associated with the brand's entry into the sport from the fans.  And while there is certainly a lot to hammer them for that is justified, has that remained true into today? This is something that genuinely has my interest as this once contentious issue has sort of faded into the background among the other problems with the leading promotion in the world of MMA. So while the deal was signed in December of 2014 and truly went into full effect in May/June of 2015, I figured now is as good of a time as any to talk about the matter before the deal expires in 2021 and the matter of fighter uniforms comes back into the foreground once again as to whether or not Zuffa will stick to their guns or stop the uniform experiment. 

So I ask, now that we are five years into it and one left to go, where do you stand on the Reebok deal now? Has it gotten better, stayed the same, or has it gotten even worse in your opinion?  Will the UFC stay the course on this or will they go back to pre 2015?  If they keep fighter unis, will Reebok still be around or will it go to Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, Puma or what have you?

Also as a side question, regardless of personal opinion of the deal, do you think the deal has accomplished the goal Dana and Zuffa wanted in opening doors to further push MMA into the mainstream (well more mainstream than it already was)? If yes, is that good or bad for the sport?

* Edited at 02.02.2020, 5:10 PM ET *

"..."

Responses Page 2

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

02.03.2020 | 4:17 PM ET

@greenhornet how did you get my personal training footage for your avatar?
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

02.03.2020 | 4:22 PM ET

@damien you were the one coming at me bro. I like trannys why would I judge you.

P.s. only the hot trannys that look like women.
Not the man impersonating congregation of Brazilian trannys who pretend their women so they can do wmma.

Cyborg
Nunez
Porto
Gadelha
Andrade

This ******* list never ends.

Personally I think ugly man/women should be banned from wmma or forced to fight in the tranny league.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

02.03.2020 | 4:23 PM ET

P.s. lesbian **** is the most boring **** ever. 
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

02.03.2020 | 4:23 PM ET

Bring back Rich Franklin Ben n' Jerry shorts! And other custom themes .... Chuck Liddell Ice shorts, Tito Ortiz flame shorts, Dennis Hallman speedos, etc

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,541
  • Post Score: 262

02.03.2020 | 4:47 PM ET

@free Hahahahah 

* Edited at 02.03.2020, 4:58 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje
  • MMA Mania : Arman Erodes ‘Iron’ Critique With ‘Exciting’ Rebuttal
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 Gets ‘Old School Boxing Poster’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Plans to Challenge Welterweight Champ Leon Edwards Following UFC 302 Title Fight with Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Stephen Thompson agrees that Michael Page 'could possibly be a very boring fight'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds new bout between ranked fighters for McGregor vs. Chandler card
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 gets new bout between ranked fighters for McGregor vs. Chandler card
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White's Contender Series, Season 8 in the works with dates mapped out
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — How Do We Rate UFC Vegas 91?
  • MMA Mania : Usman: Dunking Dana ‘10-7’d The Media’ At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : Iranian MMA Fighter Attacked By Russian Crowd For Kicking Ring Girl, Hitting Opponent With Cheap Shots After Losing
  • Bad Left Hook : Tim Tszyu vs Vergil Ortiz Jr planned for Crawford-Madrimov undercard