Tapology Forums

Fighter of the Decade in MMA

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

WIGGALEE
WIGGALEE
  • Predictions:  2,390  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 80

12.24.2019 | 7:49 PM ET

I have thought long about who the fighter of the decade should be. And I narrowed it down to Two contenders imo.
Jon Jones and Conor McGregor

Heres is why.

Jon Jones: his resume without question is the most impressive during this decade. Cleaning up the LHW div from the past, now and the future. 
His wins and undefeated streak of 17-0. And all against top notch opponents. And being absolutely dominant over the LHW div this decade, makes him a contender as the fighter of the decade imo.

Conor McGregor: What can I say. He literally made UFC history time and time again. He achieved more than any other fighter during this decade. After dominating and winning the title in two different weight classes in the cage warrior promotion. He absolutely stepped up to the challenge in the UFC. Beating Max, Dustin, Chad and then the undefeated champion Aldo who had a reign of 9 years. And absolutely silenced his critics after knocking Aldo out in the fastest knockout in a title fight ever with 13 second in to the fight. 
And it didn't stop there, Conor McGregor went up a weight class to fight Eddie Alvarez at MSG a historical moment. First ever UFC event at the garden. And yet again Conor McGregor made history. And not only did he made history with the promotion before he fought Eddie. He made history again that night beating Eddie in a perfect performance to become the first Double champion in UFC history. 
Winning 4 belts during this decade is absolutely something that makes you the fighter of the decade.
And his record being 18-3 he is absolutely warranted a shout out.

Losing to Mayweather jr and Khabib may have been set backs in his career. But it does not discredit what he has done this decade. 

And if I Would choose. I would 100% pick Conor McGregor as the fighter of the decade. With Jon Jones being second.

Comment below if you agree or disagree and your fighter of the decade. 

"You want some! I'm gonna give it to you! "

Responses Page 2

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

12.26.2019 | 8:19 PM ET

Balloon fox
BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,442  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

12.26.2019 | 8:58 PM ET

@Free, you drinking?

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.26.2019 | 9:29 PM ET

Yeah Joe Lauzon ! Nothing beats scoring a knockout with J Lau on UFC  on ps4, usually takes a while to chop them down .. but then it's like "yes!!!! I ain't heard no bell!!!!!!??!!"

* Edited at 12.27.2019, 2:15 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

12.26.2019 | 9:32 PM ET

Jones did a lot of bad **** but in the end I don't think history will really care. He used to be one of my favorites and now I dislike him for mostly his outside of the cage actions. People still talk about how dominant Mike Tyson was and he was an even bigger ****up than Jones.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

BradThom717
BradThom717

12.26.2019 | 11:53 PM ET

Honestly, I CANNOT STAND THE GUY, I think as a person, he's a major *************. But as a fighter, he's a ******* stud. Jon Jones is by far, the best fighter of the decade. With Demetrious Johnson not very far behind. Conor McGregor.... C'mon guys. Reeeaally? I'd put Amanda Nunes, Anderson Silva, Ronda Rousey, ALL AHEAD of Conor. Sure. He won 2 belts in 2 different weight classes and in 2 different organizations. (Nobody gives a **** about the first). But how many times did he defend those belts? Yessss that's what I thought. He fought in 3 different weight classes. Ooooookay. As if doing so makes you a better fighter. Well Diego Sanchez fought in 4 different weight classes. Anthony Rumble Johnson has also had fights in 4 different weight classes I think as well. There's just no argument for making Conor Fighter of the Decade. The best fighter CAN'T HAVE GLARING HOLES in their game like Conor does. Annnd they also need to beat the best guys available. Not hand pick all the easier & winnable fights, and ignoring & avoiding the best & toughest fights. There's just no argument for Conor. It's that simple. 

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

12.27.2019 | 12:05 AM ET

I don't thing McGregor is in the top 10. He is the best sellers of the decade but you have to go with the record! Who have the higher number of title defence in the decade? I think its Jon Jones but i did not confim it.

"Never go down without a fight"

BradThom717
BradThom717

12.27.2019 | 1:53 AM ET

@Hyrm idk now? It was DJ, but Jon Jones has had a couple more defenses after DJ left the UFC. But I'll agree with you. Conor is probably the "Best Seller of the Decade". I will give him that. But selling out more shows & more PPV buys than anyone else, doesn't make you the best or greatest fighter.. just sayin

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.27.2019 | 2:55 AM ET

What a about GSP ?.. he went undefeated and retired as Champion, many people say he is the "stupid spoiled stale male's" pick of the decade, not Jon or any of these guys. He is also widely regarded as an international sex icon and aficionado of fine rustic masculinity, not found or matched today in many sports, nevermind MMA, with its rag tag blow ins, and low brow street hounds. He was very dominant as Champion and also clean, he even got the call that time against an extremly roided "Roid Machine" in Johny "Low IQ (not fight IQ)" Hendricks. . He had a pretty spectacular career, and I mean he's squeaky clean compared to these other fighters us guys don't like around here. Personally I think Ronda is the fighter of the decade, all the women's divs literally owe it to her. Without her Dana and no else cares about these chick fighters. That sounds mysogonistic, but I'm just speaking from entertainment value, what does average Joe enjoy to watch after a hard week. Not lame junk ... Ronda was thought of at one time as the pound for pound greatest of all time. Her wins were almost orgasmic, she should have retired as the goddess she was. And we can all accept she is the fighter of the decade in MMA. Mark Hunt seems to be the "stupid spoiled stale male's" pick of the decade .. it's already been decided.

* Edited at 12.27.2019, 3:06 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

BradThom717
BradThom717

12.27.2019 | 4:07 AM ET

Oh absolutely. GSP is in the talks tooo. Reeeaally there's ONLY like 5 answers to this question that I'd be ok with. 

- Jon Jones
- Demetrious Johnson
- Anderson Silva
- Ronda Rousey
- GSP

That's it. 

Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,098  |  72.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 303

12.27.2019 | 4:25 AM ET

fun stuff fun stuff... wasteland and free at their best always delicious.

But the shark looks at it this way. 

The fighter of the decade is TONY FERGUSON 

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,098  |  72.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 303

12.27.2019 | 4:29 AM ET

be real

His memes alone had more impact then Jon Jones, GSP or Ronda all together. 
The McNuggets guy doesn't even enter this mix...

the guy is a legit savage and everybody is afraid of being too close to him and forget being locked up in a cage with that guy !!!! Khabib is going to retire soon. 

Sharky ways sharky ways 

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

BradThom717
BradThom717

12.27.2019 | 6:36 AM ET

Tony Ferguson is my favorite Lightweight, (well half the time and the other half of the time, its Justin Gaethje), but he's outside the top 5 on my list. Annnd that's hard to do. I gave my best unbiased opinion earlier annnd I will stand by it.

Tony is a ************* stud tho. ****** savage

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.27.2019 | 7:02 AM ET

Tony is a legend like a character from an MMA anime or video game character .. he is the UFC fighter I would most want to get high on meds with ( real meds like LSD, MD) but I presume I speak on behalf of all of us here when I say he must not be considered for the "stupid spoiled stale male's" special award until he / if murders habib in cold blud.

* Edited at 12.27.2019, 7:04 AM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.27.2019 | 10:01 AM ET

Wow imagine Ferguson vs gaethje!

Best fighter of the decade shouldn't include outside the ring troubles.

Jones is iffy for me cause of the steroids

If we're counting gsp I pick him right now but most of these fighters are ongoing stories so we'll see.

P.s. I can't believe how much u guys hate McGregor
BradThom717
BradThom717

12.27.2019 | 2:35 PM ET

I ABSOLUTELY would drool and have to keep Picking my jaw up off the ground if we ever get rewarded Ferguson vs. Gaethje. I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Annnd I wouldn't be able to make a sure bet on either. Id flip-flop until I was forced to quit. 

You are also 100% right about "outside the cage" **** shouldn't affect or sway your mind when debating who the best of the best is. That's why Pete Rose got royally ****** in the ass by the MLB. Barred from the hall of fame, for **** he did outside of his playing career. 

I wouldn't exactly say I hate McGregor. He's kinda like Jon Jones for me. As a human being.... I think he's a reeeaal *************. But I can actually respect both of them as the fighters they are. But that's as far as my respect for them goes. 

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.27.2019 | 4:12 PM ET

Pete rose definitely should be in the hall of fame.
That's some ********. Perfect example though. He was a ********** but a great of the game.
The game only hurts itself by not having him in it.
I bet they let him in eventually.

I hate Jones but I can still admit he's one of the best. The steroids puts it all in question for me. It's like only now we're really seeing what he really is without steroids. he seems to be a lot less great. 

Reyes will be a good test.
Shoulda been Reyes, Walker, Rakic.
@tepid you're right I changed my mind ufc does suck. 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.27.2019 | 4:13 PM ET

@brad tapology class of 2018 forever!!!
BradThom717
BradThom717

12.27.2019 | 5:08 PM ET

@Free... Honestly, I do to see Pete Rose getting his perma-ban lifted. Sometime in the future, he'll end up where he honestly belongs. Especially with how lax the world in itself has gotten since he stopped playing. Ppl aren't such tightwads these days. He'll get in after he dies. That's my guess. 

I again, would also agree that Jon Jones doesn't seem like he once was. He looks beatable now. (Look at Jon Jones vs. Thiago Santos). There's definitely some guys coming up, that are gonna give him some real problems.. There's 1 fight I WANT TO SEE either before Jones moves up to Heavyweight or retires and that's Israel Adesanya. My buddy thinks Izzy would get destroyed. Idk. I would looooove that fight. Make it the co main event alongside Ferguson vs. Gaethje, & Cedudu vs. Aldo. 
Look, I could easily do a better job than Mick Maynard & Sean Shelby

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.27.2019 | 7:08 PM ET

I also think they let him in only after he dies. Basically his punishment being to have to wonder if they'll let him in after he dies.

Also would love to see Izzy vs Jones that would be a huge fight in my opinion as huge as khabib Ferguson

I however have no interest to c Jones move up to heavyweight.
BradThom717
BradThom717

12.27.2019 | 11:01 PM ET

@Free.. Yeeeeeeaah Man, Izzy vs. Jon Jones is as juicy as Khabib vs. Ferguson. Geeeeezus Christ that's a fantastic matchup. But I just don't see the UFC making it happen, atleast not right away. They'll make em both defend at least one more time. Then have their standard "champ vs. champ" superfight treatment sprinkled all over it. Whatever. I still wanna see that fight. I'd wanna see Izzy vs. Jones more than any other fight either guy could be offered right now. 

Btw... Stole your quote. For 4 more days. Then I'll change it

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?