Tapology Forums

Fighter of the Decade in MMA

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

WIGGALEE
WIGGALEE
  • Predictions:  2,352  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 80

12.24.2019 | 7:49 PM ET

I have thought long about who the fighter of the decade should be. And I narrowed it down to Two contenders imo.
Jon Jones and Conor McGregor

Heres is why.

Jon Jones: his resume without question is the most impressive during this decade. Cleaning up the LHW div from the past, now and the future. 
His wins and undefeated streak of 17-0. And all against top notch opponents. And being absolutely dominant over the LHW div this decade, makes him a contender as the fighter of the decade imo.

Conor McGregor: What can I say. He literally made UFC history time and time again. He achieved more than any other fighter during this decade. After dominating and winning the title in two different weight classes in the cage warrior promotion. He absolutely stepped up to the challenge in the UFC. Beating Max, Dustin, Chad and then the undefeated champion Aldo who had a reign of 9 years. And absolutely silenced his critics after knocking Aldo out in the fastest knockout in a title fight ever with 13 second in to the fight. 
And it didn't stop there, Conor McGregor went up a weight class to fight Eddie Alvarez at MSG a historical moment. First ever UFC event at the garden. And yet again Conor McGregor made history. And not only did he made history with the promotion before he fought Eddie. He made history again that night beating Eddie in a perfect performance to become the first Double champion in UFC history. 
Winning 4 belts during this decade is absolutely something that makes you the fighter of the decade.
And his record being 18-3 he is absolutely warranted a shout out.

Losing to Mayweather jr and Khabib may have been set backs in his career. But it does not discredit what he has done this decade. 

And if I Would choose. I would 100% pick Conor McGregor as the fighter of the decade. With Jon Jones being second.

Comment below if you agree or disagree and your fighter of the decade. 

"You want some! I'm gonna give it to you! "

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.24.2019 | 8:00 PM ET

If you willfully choose Mcgregor, who is 2-2 from his last four, over someone like Nunes, Cejudo, or Jones you are ********. It's basically that simple. He has never defended a belt, got ass****** by Khabib, and lost to Nate Diaz. Literally nobody gives a **** what happens in cage warriors.

Go beat off to Mcgregor somewhere else, contard.

* Edited at 12.24.2019, 8:45 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 13 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,182  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

12.24.2019 | 8:01 PM ET

Conor... fighter of the decade... yet wasn’t in the UFC until 2013, not fighting for a belt until the end of 2015. Jon won his belt early in 2011, and has been dominant since. It’s hard for me to choose Jones because he’s a ****** human and a drug cheat, but as far as fighter of the decade goes, he’s it. Dominated the entire decade. Multiple time champion. Defended his title 9 times. How someone could put Conor in there just for being Conor is unreal. 
Geezer
Geezer
  • Predictions:  4,965  |  73.5%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 343

12.24.2019 | 9:01 PM ET

Khabib,  silly Americans 
WIGGALEE
WIGGALEE

12.24.2019 | 10:16 PM ET

Imagine thinking the last four of your fights is overshadowing what he did before. 
18-3 this decade. 
2-2 is fine and all that, but it doesn't overshadow his fighting career.

WIGGALEE
WIGGALEE

12.24.2019 | 10:23 PM ET

And I see the jon Jones point of view as the fighter of the decade.
The difference is just impact. 
If Jon would have had the same impact as conor and put the numbers as conor he would 100% be the fighter of the decade.  But the truth is conor McGregor transcended the sport. Being double champion in two organisations. 

Breaking record after record. Fighting 3 different weight classes. 
Jon Jones is good and has had a great decade in fighting.  But His impact on the sport wasn't big enough for me to pick him. 

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,796  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

12.24.2019 | 11:04 PM ET

The fighter of the decade is Mighty Mouse. No contest. Jones derailed his career through numerous PED violations, run ins with the law, and cheating in fights, calling into question how great of a fighter he actually is.  Conor ducked multiple top ranked fighters just to do money grab fights as well as antagonized his way out of the sport with his crazed antics. Meanwhile, Demetrious fought every single opponent put in front of him at 125 and dominated and he did it clean, all while being an upstanding role model.

* Edited at 12.24.2019, 11:06 PM ET *

"..."

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  51,053  |  75.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,329
  • Post Score: 169

12.24.2019 | 11:17 PM ET

My pick would be either Mighty Mouse or Khabib Nurmagomedov.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.24.2019 | 11:29 PM ET

Alexander Volkanovski is a better FW than Mcgregor. Better record. Did Conor ever hit an 18 fight streak in FW? No. No he didn't. And Volkanovski has beaten everyone Mcgregor has beaten already, including Holloway and Aldo. Khabib is a better LW than Mcgregor , and is at least the best LW of all time. So what exactly is Mcgregor the best at? Apart from raping women and punching old men at the pub, that is. What--PPV numbers? Mcgregor is technically 2-3 if you count the Mayweather loss. Moreoever he didn't earn his shot at the LW belt, he was shoehorned into for having lost to Nate Diaz, who is amazingly overrated, then scraping by him in the rematch.

To be the best you have to beat the best. The best is Khabib, and he couldn't beat him, and never will beat him. That fight wasn't even competitive. Man vs Child. Not complicated. You're making excuses for him because you want the warm Goo, in all probability. 

Not even in contention IMO. Jones, MightyMouse, Nunes, Cejudo, Nurmy. You've bought into the hype. But being the best isn't about how much money you can generate, it's about records, beating other greats, and defending championships. Conor is the GOAT of rubing instagram fanboys, who are mostly casuals and/or angsty teens, and ****sexuals.

* Edited at 12.24.2019, 11:54 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 13 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,029  |  72.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,252
  • Post Score: 302

12.25.2019 | 5:32 AM ET

Standing ovation

@fish the shark can't agree more here!!! Conor isn't even remotely close to any of them greats. 
He isn't great at anything period. He did well with them dollars and that's that.

Conor has what he wanted since he didn't like his first employment, which is money. All good from a sharks point of view until he started living the life where money entitles you to being a fkn lowlife prick. 
Repeatedly cheating on your girlfriend and hitting and old man at the bar cause he refuses to drink that ****** wet substance he calls a whiskey...but then he calls himself a champ as well...

Enough said about this prick. 

To me the greatest of the decade is Tony Ferguson and that man doesn't even need a belt to prove that. 
It just will be nice when him and Khabib go at it. For the real fight fans, this is a treat. 

The reggae shark is real

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

12.25.2019 | 8:25 PM ET

Stipe
Jones
Adesanya
Whittaker
Khabib
Ferguson
Nunes

Any of them could fit the bill
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.26.2019 | 5:18 PM ET

Ronda Rousey.  No one inspired so many people and broke down so many barriers. Dana White said he didn't care about women till Ronda.

Stipe fighter of the decade ?.. in Croatia yeah ?.. Jon Jones will steal his girl .... the greatest fighter of the decade is Ronda Rousey then Cucky Cuckington is the biggest cuck in MMA of all time. Your lists are all over the place ... we all know Ronda is the universal soldier fighter of the decade, Mark Hunt is the "stupid spoiled stale male's" fighter of the decade. Anyone who disagrees with this must be quiet and not speak a gain ...

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.26.2019 | 5:24 PM ET

Sorry I wish I could see stipe in the picture with Mark Hunt, for the "stupid spoiled stale male's" pick, but he hasn't beaten Jones, and that Francois N. win sucked ... considering the wifey Is now draining Stipe of his testosterone ( contents  of ballz) I see Francois N. ko'ing him next time, then after Cyril Gane beats Black Beast he may be line for a brutal showdown with Francois N, or depends how it lines up at time cause he just joined UFC .  

* Edited at 12.26.2019, 5:26 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,861  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,971
  • Post Score: 195

12.26.2019 | 5:55 PM ET

Jon Jones is fighter of the decade. Nobody else has been champ nearly the whole decade and only Khabib has also been undefeated the whole decade(while fighting regularly). Sure he's controversial but in the end nobody has gotten the same results.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.26.2019 | 6:07 PM ET

@PilloryChoke How is Jon Jones the best fighter of the decade guy ?.. he crashed into a pregnant woman and the cops found like 100 condims in his car!!! And he cheated on his wife like 2000 times !! And he always bleeds people's eyes with his long finger !!  And he is a steroid fraud like the whole pre usada Jackson Wink team is. Especially Hully Hulm who he also cheated on his wife with many times DURING practice !! ( under the sparring cage ). So what do you think about it now  ??? Try that on for size. Back me up guys. We all don't like Conor and Jon for our "stupid spoiled stale male's" pick of the decade .. isn't that right guys

* Edited at 12.26.2019, 6:10 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.26.2019 | 6:13 PM ET

* Edited at 12.26.2019, 6:47 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.26.2019 | 6:13 PM ET

* Edited at 12.26.2019, 6:48 PM ET *

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

12.26.2019 | 7:07 PM ET

Entertainment wise I think I’m gonna have to say Robbie Lawler. Skill wise it’s Mighty Mouse all day every day.

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.26.2019 | 8:08 PM ET

Phil "badass" baroni
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.26.2019 | 8:19 PM ET

Joe lauzon.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.26.2019 | 8:19 PM ET

Mike pyle

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Bam Rodriguez vacates IBF flyweight title, Ayala vs Apolinario ordered
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Opens Up About Dana White Stopping Him From Boxing Oscar De La Hoya
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Referee slaps the taste out of fighter’s mouth to halt 2-versus-1 bout
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 54 video: Erin Blanchfield, Manon Fiorot make weight for main event
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Atlantic City Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Georges St-Pierre believes Jon Jones is current GOAT: ‘People have no idea how tough he is’
  • MMA Junkie : Bubba Jenkins over once-heated rivalry with Chris Wade following trilogy cancellation: 'I don't even say that name'
  • MMA Mania : GSP Agrees: Hard To Argue Against ‘Bones’ As GOAT
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 54 official weigh-in results, live video stream (9 a.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean Strickland claims ‘Canada threatened to pull me’ from UFC 297, teases move to boxing
  • MMA Mania : Mac: UFC ‘Prestige’ Makes Up For Lower Pay
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Every UFC event in history with three or more weigh-in misses
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo