Tapology Forums

Sergio Moraes has been cut from UFC.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

11.25.2019 | 9:30 PM ET

Can't say I disagree with this decision.

The Brazilian jiu-jitsu ace was let go by the promotion following his third-round TKO defeat to James Krause in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Nov. 16. Moraes leaves the company on a three-fight skid that includes defeats to Anthony Rocco Martin and Warlley Alves.

The Bellator and Jungle Fight veteran joined the UFC after competing on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil in 2012, when he ended up in the middleweight final as a replacement for injured Daniel Sarafian. “The Panther” lost a decision to Cezar Ferreira in the reality show final.

Moraes moved back down to welterweight after the program and went undefeated for the next seven bouts, defeating the likes of Neil MagnyOmari Akhmedov and Davi Ramos, before getting knocked out by future champion Kamaru Usman. Moraes won a couple of fights in 2018, a close decision over Tim Means and a submission win against Ben Saunders, before going 0-3 this year.

The 37-year-old veteran won three jiu-jitsu world championships before making the transition full-time to MMA, defeating the likes of Kron Gracie (twice), Victor Estima, Alan Finfou, Rodrigo Cavaca, Romulo Barral and Braga Neto.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours, and 5 minutes from now.

Responses

Meers222
Meers222
  • Predictions:  18,206  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,587
  • Post Score: 211

11.25.2019 | 9:49 PM ET

He had a good run in the UFC, nothing to be ashamed of really.  At 37, and on a three fight skid I can't blame the UFC for letting him go.  He can probably make some better money going overseas and fighting as a UFC vet for some of those Russian promotions too.

"If it's not a challenge, it isn't fun enough."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’