Topic: UFC 248

UFC 248: Adesanya vs. Romero

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,372
  • Post Score: 47

11.22.2019 | 12:47 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 248
  • Saturday 03.07.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier, Joe Rogan
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Joe Rogan | Backstage: Megan Olivi
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,742,906
  • Attendance: 15,077 (Paid: 9,959)
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 1.19M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Yoel Romero   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Joanna Jędrzejczyk   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Beneil Dariush   defeats   Drakkar Klose   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   1:00 Round 2 of 3, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Neil Magny   defeats   Jingliang Li   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Oliveira   defeats   Max Griffin   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Jose Alberto Quiñonez   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Mark Madsen   defeats   Austin Hubbard   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rodolfo Vieira   defeats   Saparbeg Safarov   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   2:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gerald Meerschaert   defeats   Deron Winn   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:13 Round 3 of 3, 12:13 Total Bout Page
Giga Chikadze   defeats   Jamall Emmers   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Batgerel Danaa   defeats   Guido Cannetti   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   3:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 9

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.02.2020 | 5:08 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 425 Points   |   1989th Place

Weili Zhang   vs.   Joanna Jędrzejczyk

A very difficult fight to think about. Full disclosure; I think Zhang is a chinese PED creation and is probably as natural as rainbow slush puppie.It would not surprise me at all to learn that post-fights she sheds her skin, lays eggs. When her trainer draws her blood for some unthinkable black-market commercial purpose, it is luminescent green, smells of welding, causes the air to smoke and can only be harvested with a specialized anti-corrosive pure glass syringe. I also don't care what you think about that, and will not be dissuaded from this opinion. Go to Shenzhen and try and find any Chinese female with traps like prime phil heath then get back to me. 

What makes this fight interesting is that Zhang isn't very good at middle distance and does her best work inside the clinch and at intimate range, which is where JJ is very strong defensively. As a thai fighter JJ is always going to struggle against Boxers like Thug Rose, who have excellent middle-distance striking, but Zhang really isn't that--she'll sling heavy kicks from range then zoom in for close-quarters savagery; lots of dirty boxing and viscous elbows.

How does Zhang look over five rounds? I've no idea, but she's horrific over three. JJ will have to put on a masterclass to not only avoid getting utterly smash****** early, but to win an early round, because I strongly doubt Zhang can keep up that Tempo for the full five. It's a big ask, but I'm going to back her to do it for whatever reason.

JJ by decision.

* Edited at 03.02.2020, 5:54 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 20 hours, and 47 minutes from now.
jmugwump
jmugwump
  • Predictions:  1,272  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 131

03.02.2020 | 6:14 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1079th

PED creations? Like virtually all MMA fighters. Check out the wiki that lists new signees. About 25% get flagged before they have their first fight (other 75% are smart and taper off, imo). You ain't getting to the big show without pharmaceutical assistance. Not in boxing, not in MMA.
Now Zhang is champ, she's getting tested double the average fighter. Time will tell if she's STILL using, but I doubt she's that stupid.

And, you don't need to go to Shenzhen. What average woman, from any country, has "traps like that".
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,065  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,091
  • Post Score: 334

03.02.2020 | 6:24 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2137th

sat·ire /ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/ Learn to pronounce noun
  1. the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.02.2020 | 6:38 PM ET

Just because I believe Zhang is a PED mutant doesn't imply I don't think other fighters are not also PED mutants. I'm also less inclined to believe that someone like Khabib Nurmagomedov, who is an extremely devout ideologue who subscribes to an especially strict brand of a Religion that prohibits any from of drug use utterly, and who does not appear to display any abnormal physicality is as or more likely to be a PED mutant than a woman who looks like something from the weapon X program and who hails from one of the most corrupt countries on Earth which has a history of producing female PED mutants and produces small, slender people.

And in case you didn't notice I did include the specific clause that I don't care what anyone thinks about this opinion (informed or otherwise) and won't be dissuaded from it, having predicated the exact white-knight response you have offered.

* Edited at 03.02.2020, 6:39 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 20 hours, and 47 minutes from now.
jmugwump
jmugwump

03.02.2020 | 6:38 PM ET

@Xconchris Lol, I don't think you understand what satire is. You can say that he was using hyperbole to make his argument, but don't see where the satire is. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.02.2020 | 6:40 PM ET

@Jmug that's because you are a boring, milquetoast imbecile who will take any opportunity to virtue-signal,  and when you are not doing this you are as dead as an electric pony ride waiting for coin.

* Edited at 03.02.2020, 6:43 PM ET *

jmugwump
jmugwump

03.02.2020 | 6:51 PM ET

@ "Virtue signal". The ******* way out of any argument. Here's one back at ya, "Imperator". Wow, look how triggered he got! Lo.
jmugwump
jmugwump

03.02.2020 | 6:57 PM ET

@Imperator. HAHAHA. Khabib is "devout ideologue who subscribes to an especially strict brand of a Religion that prohibits any from of drug ". Yeh, and catholic priests are also deeply religious while ****ing little Johnny. NUMEROUS members of Khabibs team have been flagged. And, why do you sound like a ****. Do you actually speak like that in normal day to day speech? 
You can get "traps"if you focus your training on it. Most MMA fighters don't bother, because it's useless. 
JusticeTheOutlaw
JusticeTheOutlaw
  • Predictions:  2,835  |  74.5%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 58

03.02.2020 | 7:07 PM ET

I'd love to hear you try to name the team members who were flagged @Jmug
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 9 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 22 hours, and 5 seconds from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.02.2020 | 7:24 PM ET

Jmug, here's what you need to understand; nobody on this site is looking for moral arbitration from a sanctimonious teenage Virgin. Unlike yours, that's not a vacancy in desperate need of filling.  

Quite simply, nobody cares what you think about anything at all. If you're after consensus validation by defending every fighter's honor like it's your baby sister's chastity, this isn't the forum for you. You'd be better served by Bloody Elbow, which is perhaps the largest contingency of SJW's on the internet outside of Reddit. Or perhaps outsports. You'll get your dopamine hit on either site guaranteed.

Make your predictions, post your breakdowns, and save the moral grandstanding for the comments section on Buzzfeed. 

Edit: Catholic priests aren't more likely to be tickle monsters than anyone else.
Double edit: Maybe they are, I don't know.
Triple Edit: I feel like they have to be Pedos going in, because if not their mentality has to be 'Welp no ***** for me, guess the next best thing is kids" which is disturbing and an idea I wish I didn't find funny.

* Edited at 03.02.2020, 7:25 PM ET *

jmugwump
jmugwump

03.02.2020 | 7:38 PM ET

@Justice Makhachev, Tukagov, Ruslan. My point wasn't to cast doubt on Khabib. It was to point out that it's ridiculous to give a fighter an automatic pass based on the fact that he's religious, but defame another based on not passing the eye test. I mean, pretty sure the dude mentions she's a mutant every time. 

@Imp Make your predictions, post your breakdowns, and save the moral grandstanding for the comments section on Buzzfeed. "
Back at ya. You're the one who lost his nut when someone disagreed. The problem with you boomer types is that you think everyone who doesn't share your views, or isn't happy about your mildly-offensive BS, is a "soy boy/SJW/snowflake". From where I'm sitting, you're the triggered snowflake in this one.  If you don't want to debate/converse/interact then you piss off. I'm not gonna shut up just because you get offended by someone who disagrees with your pompous, uninformed BS. Post your picks on some website. I'm a bit of a Zhang fan, so when someone calls her a "mutant" and goes on and on with essentially libelous BS, what do you expect? I can disagree. Or, have I invaded your safe space?

Catholic priests. Yeh, they def have a higher percentage of pedos. You try going celibate and see what happens...(Don't answer that, dont wana know). And, my point was that people can lie, break promises etc. Including religious people, like Khabib. 
JusticeTheOutlaw
JusticeTheOutlaw

03.02.2020 | 8:16 PM ET

Mak busted like 4 years ago after getting KO'd but you're right..Ruslan spent a week and a half at AKA, not a teammate but I get your point I guess. TUK mostly trains in Thailand. 

* Edited at 03.02.2020, 8:20 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 9 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 22 hours, and 5 seconds from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.02.2020 | 8:29 PM ET

What I posted triggered you into white-knighting, and you reacted--not me. That's what happened. You were also triggered when Freemoneyforall made a remark about Adesanya and went reeeeeee'ing to the mods. I suspect you weren't truly offended, but yet again took the opportunity to virtue-signal. That seems to be the modus operandi of the vast majority of your boring, useless, outrage-culture generation. The only time you can handle having your safe-space invaded is when you're boyfriend is the one doing it with a slick vegetable, apparently.

You people are like waiting for a late bus between split shifts on a Wednesday. You are the Ngannou vs Lewis of commentators. Boring, dull, uninspired whiny dittoheads. No identity, no individuality. You all come out of the same factory identical as biscuits. I've met twenty of you this month.

You're going to have to live with being mildly offended. That's the world. I also did give you my reasoning for my opinion that Zhang is a PED mutant and explicitly stated it wasn't going to change, and also gave you an example of someone I do not believe is a PED mutant, and gave reasons for that opinion. I don't care that you're a fan of Zhang, and had I known this, I still would have made the same post. I have nothing against her either, and don't especially care who wins this fight because WMMA doesn't especially interest me.

Edit: Not a Boomer. If only. 

IwannaBeArealBoi
IwannaBeArealBoi
  • Predictions:  132  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 386

03.02.2020 | 9:02 PM ET

Serious question, why doesn't Yoel ever utilize his wrestling?
Over and over, we hear about how good of a wrestler he was on the Cuban Olympic team, and it is brought up continually, nearly every fight. Yet, he only seems to use it for end of round pointless takedowns or during chaotic exchanges where he's so off balance he can't even hold the takedown. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.02.2020 | 9:14 PM ET

@Iwannabe good question. Why doesn't Holme utilize her Boxing? It's one of those things. Being amazing at one discipline doesn't necessarily translate to being amazing at it in multi-disciplinary MMA.
johnnyonthespot
johnnyonthespot
  • Predictions:  134  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  371
  • Post Score: 101

03.02.2020 | 9:23 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2725th

The Dagestani fighting this weekend is Saparbeg Safarov, the most dirty fighter ever

lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/CrooklynMMA/status/1234182415704297472

* Edited at 03.02.2020, 10:01 PM ET *

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." -H.L. Mencken

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.02.2020 | 9:35 PM ET

JusticeTheOutlaw
JusticeTheOutlaw

03.02.2020 | 9:57 PM ET

@Iwanna last time Romero tried to wrestle, Whittaker out-scrambled him. Not saying Israel could or could not.

and I believe its because Yoel is so strong & athletic that he can actually struggles to control it. Like a race car on a gravel road. 

* Edited at 03.02.2020, 9:59 PM ET *

jericho
jericho
  • Predictions:  204  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 296

03.02.2020 | 10:58 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 567th

emily whitmire is such a bum. doesn't belong in the ufc. i will be flabbergasted if viana blows this fight to her.
NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

03.02.2020 | 11:01 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2291st

☝🏼 What? Why?

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200