Topic: UFC 248

UFC 248: Adesanya vs. Romero

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,995
  • Post Score: 47

11.22.2019 | 12:47 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 248
  • Saturday 03.07.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier, Joe Rogan
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Joe Rogan | Backstage: Megan Olivi
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,742,906
  • Attendance: 15,077 (Paid: 9,959)
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 1.19M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Yoel Romero   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Joanna Jędrzejczyk   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Beneil Dariush   defeats   Drakkar Klose   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   1:00 Round 2 of 3, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Neil Magny   defeats   Jingliang Li   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Oliveira   defeats   Max Griffin   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Jose Alberto Quiñonez   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Mark Madsen   defeats   Austin Hubbard   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rodolfo Vieira   defeats   Saparbeg Safarov   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   2:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gerald Meerschaert   defeats   Deron Winn   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:13 Round 3 of 3, 12:13 Total Bout Page
Giga Chikadze   defeats   Jamall Emmers   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Batgerel Danaa   defeats   Guido Cannetti   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   3:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 18

Richldnrd
Richldnrd
  • Predictions:  1,391  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: -83

03.07.2020 | 1:14 AM ET

Yolo making weight

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 1769th

Ok! Officially I'm off to a questionable start before the Prelims! Lol. I started Yolo wasn't going to make 185. Well he did by the slightest of margins. He waited until the very end of an almost 3 hour weigh in and upon approaching the scale he was gripping the hand rail to aid in his climb.  After the notorious towel was d****d he shocked his warm up pants and shirt and got on the balance scale. The weight was set at 185 and the counter rose midway measuring officially at 185. Now he will rehydration 20 or more pounds stepping into the cage well into heavyweight range. The size difference between he and Izzy will be HUGE. THE big question is how will the weight cut efforts play on his endurance? How will the huge muscle mass that craves O2 to function decimate his longevity into championship rounds where Izzy loves to take opponents and provide highlight feeds? Yolo will have to hope on landing a misevade power shot in early rounds if he Hope's on getting a W! But as Izzy continues to mature and "bend" with rapid head movements and angle/level changes with the constant counters will serve well to his undefeated championship record. 

"“It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.” ~ Voltaire"

Richldnrd
Richldnrd
  • Predictions:  1,391  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: -83

03.07.2020 | 1:33 AM ET

China vs Poland

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 1769th

I have to admit I am becoming a huge chick fight fan! And boy do we have one on hand!! Weili the 1st UFC Champion from China defending her title against a very familiar Johanna who has had the championship a couple of times in the past! That being said I think the MMA story of past champions after being dethroned chasing their former glory to no avail. It has been very few that have regained the gold from a younger less worn hungrier pack of fighters coming in to mark their territory for MMA history. Weili possess a machine like speed an accuracy. She has harnessed great leverage and power in her strikes the likes Johanna hasn't experienced. The South Beach life may have soften this once Polish nightmare. Weili will make short work of her opponent and thereby also making a huge statement that China will be home to that championship for a good time. Until someone can match the Spartan work ethic and laser focus of Weili that is.

"“It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.” ~ Voltaire"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

03.07.2020 | 2:59 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1324th

Sean O'malley vs Jose  qunious

Sugar do do do do do O' malley Mally 

sorry im drunk

* Edited at 03.07.2020, 3:00 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,442  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

03.07.2020 | 10:41 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 526th

Oliveira vs. Griffin
Alex Oliveira, DEC
Big big big fan of Cowboy Oliveira. He's so fun to watch. He's definitely struggled over the last few, losing 3 straight. I think it's pretty clear his outside the fight game issues and legal troubles is weighing heavily on him, so much so, that it's crept into his fights and lackluster performances. You have to admit. 2013-2017 version of Alex Oliveira was ****-king fun to watch.

Whitmire vs. Viana
Polyana Viana, SUB, R2
Considering that Polyana Viana has finished all her wins, she clearly has the talent & tools to get the job done, there's no arguing that, but..... She also had the talent & tools to beat Aldrich, Cifers and Macedo. I can't explain why these things happen. These fighters look absolutely ready and willing to step into the UFC under the "big lights" & they just don't perform. It could be a multitude of things. It could be a reality check, that they're really just not that goood. It could be overwhelming anxiety pre-fight & the fighter doesn't know how to deal with it. We've seen really good fighters, suffer greatly because of this (ex. Tom Breese). Either way, she's on the verge of losing her job. Friggin Emily "**** Fire" Whitmire.... Geeeeezus Christ..... I really wanna say Viana figured **** out. Or figured **** out enough to get a win here. If not... Yikes. She can't afford to lose to "****-Fire"....

Cannetti vs. Batgerel
Danaa Batgerel, TKO, R2
Way I see it... Cannetti is good for about 7-8 minutes max. He also leaves himself wiiiiiide open for heavy shots to come right thru. And at 40+ years old now, I still have more questions than answers pertaining to Cannetti. I see Danaa Batgerel enduring Cannetti's burst, dragging him into R2, & taking over the fight from a gassed Cannetti, & finishing him off 3:00 into R2.

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

03.07.2020 | 11:45 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2291st

Why is everyone so high on Izzy?

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

03.07.2020 | 11:49 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 89th

In what way?
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

03.07.2020 | 11:53 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2740th

I’m just high in general

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

03.07.2020 | 11:53 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2740th

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

FergboyMMA
FergboyMMA
  • Predictions:  803  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  345
  • Post Score: 270

03.07.2020 | 12:10 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1676th

Adesanya vs. Romero
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R3
Good fight, but not too incredibly incredible in my book. Adesanya looked like a God vs Whittaker, and in the Brunson fight as well. Romero didn’t impress me in the Costa fight, and he won’t get his hailmary KO vs Adesanya most likely. He will have to use his outstanding wrestling that he hates using to win. But I thought similarly about the Conor vs Cowboy scrap, but you saw what happened there. Probably the most likely thing to happen is a depressing KO by Israel.

Zhang vs. Jędrzejczyk
Joanna Jędrzejczyk, DEC
Joanna throws a bit more power, and a ton more volume than Zhang. Joanna is also the more technical striker. I think Joanna will overwhelm Zhang to get a 50-45/49-46 type decision.

Magny vs. Li
Jingliang Li, TKO, R2
Really fun scrap. Li by KO

Oliveira vs. Griffin
Alex Oliveira, DEC
Solid fight, a lot of these fights on here aren’t big name fights, but are still fun on paper. This is one of them. Olivera by decision or sub

Madsen vs. Hubbard
Mark O. Madsen, TKO, R1
Extremely easy fight to pick

Winn vs. Meerschaert
Deron Winn, DEC
I hated both guys last performances, but I’ll go with a Gerald sub

"If you jingle my bells, you will have a white Christmas, "

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski
  • Predictions:  11,407  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 442

03.07.2020 | 12:13 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 730th

DON'T GET ELIMINATED!!!

"Rombu likes his clouds like I like my women.....Thick and White."

Arlololo
Arlololo
  • Predictions:  2,657  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

03.07.2020 | 12:34 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 659th

Dariush vs. Klose
Drakkar Klose, DEC
I’m

johnnyonthespot
johnnyonthespot
  • Predictions:  134  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  371
  • Post Score: 101

03.07.2020 | 1:33 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2725th

I'm not saying making the Olympics isn't a big deal, but his corny nickname is the olympian, and he only won the silver.  Of course, he will take a man down and throw in some g and p but c'mon now, that ape ain't submitting anybody. I'm so pulling for Hubbard to win the decision.

* Edited at 03.07.2020, 1:39 PM ET *

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." -H.L. Mencken

2020.03.07 3:10 PM ET

bout status update

Whitmire vs. Viana Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
PunkV14
PunkV14
  • Predictions:  311  |  65.3%
  • Post Score: 700

03.07.2020 | 3:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 3 Winners, 2 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 2880th

Adesanya vs. Romero
Israel Adesanya, DEC
ISRAEL ADESANYA Is undefeated, but I don’t think that he has enough power to knockout yoel, but he technicall enough to get decision

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

03.07.2020 | 4:00 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1324th

Neil Magny vs Jianliang li
I honestly wasn't that impress by the leach to after he beat Zaleski as who did he beat  no one that people cares about and Neil Magny fought the best of the best RDA,  Condit, Posinibo ,Gastelum, Maia, Hendrix, Larkin and jacked cuban that not romero i forget his name. I think Magny on the down but Jianliang on the come up but don't be surprise if Magny beats him because it could be likely that he caught Zaleski on a bad night and isn't that good like many time before

Alex Olivera vs Max Griffin 
Im exited for this fight as Olivera is never in a boring fight and the UFC know that as he on a main card after 3 losses and not cut from the UFC and i'm picking Olivera because I think he due a win and UFC made this fight for him to win because Max Griffin is a bum  who only good win is Mike Perry who was having a off night and before he had any fight iq

Mark O Madson vs Austin Hubbord
Mark O Madson is a Olympic wrestler and it probley the best base and look like he could throw a mad Overhand with how jacked he looked if people are scared of his takedown Khabib Style. I think he could get expose sooner or later but Hubborb ain't the guy to do it tho 

Rodolfo Viera vs Saperbek Saparov
Saperbek is a bum and Rodolfo will run thew him but saperbek might  catch him and at those odds it may not be a bad bet

Deron Winn vs Gerold Merrshant
I think Winn match up well with  Merrshant because i think he want to grapple with him but Merrshant can probley use range to kick this midget from range but i thing the Judges hate GM3 and he should be 3 in his last 4 instead of 1 in his last 4 

Paulina Viana vs Emily Whitmire
Viana is proof that any ufc fighter can beat the average Joe because  She beat the **** out of that mugger but she is probley the worst fighter in straweight. But i think Slightly less ****mire has some good win in the ufc so tempted to pick her but i think that spitfire would missfire and get caught in a sub because viana is due for one 

Giga Chakase vs Jammal Emmers
I watch a few of Jammel fight at LFA and he looks good win over Sandhagen and Alex Hernadez, but he got caught by Jullian Errosa a bum in the Ufc, But i think it could be because of the contender seres all action to get a contract idea, I like watching Giga but is Jammal have fight iq he take him down but Giga could be decent if he learns takedown defence and hes training with Benny Darusih

Guido Canenti vs Danaa Batergal 

Im taking Danaa because like Mikey said the Mongolian are a fighting race and and decentdent of Gengus Khan 
.Heres a video of Batergal  fight camp

* Edited at 03.07.2020, 4:03 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

SlumpGod
SlumpGod
  • Predictions:  381  |  56.7%
  • Post Score: 600

03.07.2020 | 4:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1756th

Adesanya vs. Romero
Israel Adesanya, DEC
Heart says pick Romero, rational decision is StyleBender

"If a man does not have sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can get lost in the sauce."

Paym3
Paym3
  • Predictions:  152  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 179

03.07.2020 | 4:35 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 1417th

They made aHuuuuggge deal about rousey! No one said nothing then?

* Edited at 03.07.2020, 4:42 PM ET *

Paym3
Paym3
  • Predictions:  152  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 179

03.07.2020 | 4:36 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 1417th

Poly fight cancelled 
Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,098  |  72.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 303

03.07.2020 | 4:38 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 585 Points   |   Tied for 310th

I got that feeling Yoel the soldier of god Romero is going to get the K.O. win tonight.

Preferably in the second or third round. 

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.07.2020 | 4:40 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 425 Points   |   1989th Place

Well I hope you're right Rombu because personally I find Hr Hanky incredibly annoying.

You know? **** it. I'm gonna take Yoel in a heart pick.

* Edited at 03.07.2020, 4:41 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 19 hours, and 56 minutes from now.
Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,098  |  72.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 303

03.07.2020 | 4:41 PM ET

Romero got it this time, 3rd title fight, 3rd round monster xD

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 585 Points   |   Tied for 310th

Great night of fights even without them canceled bouts... 

And how good is Romero actually weighing in at championship weight ?! The shark can't w8 !!!!!

Epic stare down xD

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

Page 18

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings