Topic: UFC 248

UFC 248: Adesanya vs. Romero

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,931
  • Post Score: 47

11.22.2019 | 12:47 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 248
  • Saturday 03.07.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier, Joe Rogan
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Joe Rogan | Backstage: Megan Olivi
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,742,906
  • Attendance: 15,077 (Paid: 9,959)
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 1.19M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Yoel Romero   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Joanna Jędrzejczyk   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Beneil Dariush   defeats   Drakkar Klose   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   1:00 Round 2 of 3, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Neil Magny   defeats   Jingliang Li   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Oliveira   defeats   Max Griffin   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Jose Alberto Quiñonez   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Mark Madsen   defeats   Austin Hubbard   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rodolfo Vieira   defeats   Saparbeg Safarov   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   2:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gerald Meerschaert   defeats   Deron Winn   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:13 Round 3 of 3, 12:13 Total Bout Page
Giga Chikadze   defeats   Jamall Emmers   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Batgerel Danaa   defeats   Guido Cannetti   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   3:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 10

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.03.2020 | 12:25 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 425 Points   |   1989th Place

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 5 days, 10 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,540
  • Post Score: 262

03.03.2020 | 12:27 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1324th

@jericho and u cant say the same about Viana and in my humble oppion   Viana is a bigger Bum, I called Dobson and Adams being bums so my Bumdar is supburb

* Edited at 03.03.2020, 12:34 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.03.2020 | 1:02 AM ET

@Damien they're both terrible but I don't think she could knock on a door hard enough to get anyone to answer it. Pretty much a regional slapskank who will probably never secure a win in the UFC.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 5 days, 10 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
jmugwump
jmugwump
  • Predictions:  1,272  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 131

03.03.2020 | 3:32 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1079th

@Justice. All three are Dagastanian fighters who have been doing their American camps at AKA. Javier Mendez was in Tukhugov's corner in his Abu Dhabi bout (not sure about Aguilar one). Not sure where you got your info, but on to Tukhugov and Ruslan's wiki page, it says he's been at AKA since 2016 to present. But, even if he has left AKA, it wasn't relevant to the point I was making.

@Imp Nope. I reacted with a non-confrontational, even keeled (imo) response, disagreeing with your view. You reacted by calling me an "milquetoast imbecile". "Triggered" doesn't mean disagree. 
Pull out some quotes that shows me "white knighting". I'm curious to see what your definition of it is, and what your level of sensitivity to it is.

When I responded to the Free issue, I held a pretty neutral stance. I wouldn't have said anything, but I just found your long-winded response to the banning so comical and ridiculous. Same with my opinion on Zhang. I feel it was pretty even keeled, non-confrontational. Like I said. "White-knighting" to you is having an opinion that calls for looking at the big picture with regard to PEDs rather than mocking/vilifying  Zhang for something that she's not even proven guilty of? (I mean, nowhere did I say you can't/shouldn't degrade/mock her for looking juiced.) 

If I am a "white knight", I'm cool with that. I guess I'm not edgy and cool unless I think, "Racism is one of the funnier and easier forms comedy." Lol, c'mon. You're an open book. Comments like that aren't even worthwhile responding to, they're so transparent. Either way, we can argue, but you're the one telling me I shouldn't have an opinion that goes against yours (ironic for your kind, no?).  
In any case. Calling my opinion "white knighting" or "virtue signalling", does not discount the validity of my argument. It just shows that you're looking to discredit my opinion without addressing it. 'Oh, I said something wrong. You're just pointing that out to virtue signal.' 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.03.2020 | 4:01 AM ET

"Racism is one of the funnier and easier forms comedy." Lol, c'mon. You're an open book. Comments like that aren't even worthwhile responding to, they're so transparent. Either way, we can argue, but you're the one telling me I shouldn't have an opinion that goes against yours (ironic for your kind, no?).  

Racism can be hilarious!  I'll give you an example:

How do you kill fifty flies at once?
Punch a Somalian in the face!

Heh.

Moving on, what exactly is 'my kind'? This should be an easy profile for you given I'm an open book.

* Edited at 03.03.2020, 4:13 AM ET *

kepharticus
kepharticus
  • Predictions:  2,214  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 425

03.03.2020 | 4:49 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 389th

@jmugwump

Dude, there's a difference between disagreeing with his comments, and getting offended on her behalf. You're literally trying to defend her honor on an internet forum. 

Weili Zhang does not care that someone called her a mutant on the internet. But it's hilarious that you do. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.03.2020 | 5:06 AM ET

lol this is Mugwump. Holy **** dude--save some ***** for the rest of us!

jmugwump
jmugwump

03.03.2020 | 5:09 AM ET

"defending her honor". You guys have a weird way of looking at the world. Go back to the comment. Actually, here you go.

"PED creations? Like virtually all MMA fighters. Check out the wiki that lists new signees. About 25% get flagged before they have their first fight (other 75% are smart and taper off, imo). You ain't getting to the big show without pharmaceutical assistance. Not in boxing, not in MMA.Now Zhang is champ, she's getting tested double the average fighter. Time will tell if she's STILL using, but I doubt she's that stupid. And, you don't need to go to Shenzhen. What average woman, from any country, has "traps like that""

"difference between disagreeing with his comments, and getting offended". Actually, they can go hand in hand. I disagreed, and was offended that with the way he characterised a fighter I liked. It has nothing to do with "defending her honor", lol. I actually got into a big thing with Imp re Mcgregor. Was I also "defending his honor"? You MRA types have a ****** up world view. Too sensitive to even the slightest hint of what you perceive as "white knighting" "soy  boying" or whatever the **** you people like to use these days.THe real issue? A certain type of person is especially sensitive to what they perceive as "SJW". 
jmugwump
jmugwump

03.03.2020 | 5:12 AM ET

@Imp. Lol, figures. Can't win with words, call 'im an imbecile/soyboy. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.03.2020 | 5:15 AM ET

Well, the reason we got into it over Mcgregor is because you want to have his bowel baby. Stating that Mcgregor is somehow higher on the potential GOAT list despite the fact Nurmy is undefeated, ********ed him horribly and he's never defended a title is possibly the worst case of sycophantism I've ever seen.

* Edited at 03.03.2020, 5:18 AM ET *

jmugwump
jmugwump

03.03.2020 | 5:20 AM ET

Nope. There's receipts, go back and read. Never called Mcgregor GOAT. Called Khabib a potential GOAT of LW. Called Mcgregor a "great fighter" which you disputed and had a mental breakdown over because he didn't defend a belt and lost 2 of last 4 bouts.

LOL, looking at it now you called me "gay for Mcgregor" for arguing in defense for his status as a great fighter. Now, I'm "virtue signalling" and "defending Zhang's honour". 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.03.2020 | 5:27 AM ET

Oh--Mcgreor isn't a great fighter. Great fighters capture and defend titles and beat the best. They don't take shoehorn gimmes like Cerrone.

And if you don't believe khabib is the LW GOAT you're beyond redemption and have no business talking to anyone about MMA I'm afraid. 28-0. Never lost a round--unless of course you count the round Mcgregor was awarded for spending 4 1/2 minutes on the bottom and landing two elbows, that is.

* Edited at 03.03.2020, 5:28 AM ET *

jmugwump
jmugwump

03.03.2020 | 5:38 AM ET

So, Ferguson gets a title shot after beating Cerrone in round 2 (looked a bit dodgy round 1). Gaethje gets considered the next in line after beating Cerrone, by the MMA hardcores. But, Mcgregor smashes Cerrone in 30secs, in a weight division where everyone said he'd be disadvantaged over the bigger Cerrone?
.... Cerrone was washed! Total gimme fight! What a joke!

Face it. Mcgregor has beaten the best, and has never avoided hard match-ups. He beat a prime ALDO in 13secs. That was the FW goat. 
He embarrassed Alvarez. He rematched a guy who humiliated him at welterweight! (A few months prior fighting at FW). He is aiming to rematch a horrible matchup in Khabib. The dude is the definition of a great fighter. (edit: double down with "all time great fighter", not goat, but close).

Khabib LW GOAT? Contradicting yoself. Absolutely no serious media analyst is even calling him the definitive GOAT (currently). As you say, defense matters in crowning GOATS (reason Mcgregor is not a GOAT). 
He's defended ONCE (He won the "belt" after beating Mcgregor. Beating Iaquinta, who wasn't even top 5, does not count, imo). Being GOAT is obviously subjective. But, it shouldn't come down to who could be the best ever based on skillset. It should be about resume first and foremost. And, Khabib's resume is not the best (yet). He has RDA, Mcgregor and .... Barboza? I guess?

* Edited at 03.03.2020, 5:41 AM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.03.2020 | 5:48 AM ET

Tony Ferguson hasn't lost a fight since 2013. Conor Mcgregor is 3-2 from his last 5, and has taken one fight in two years--that one fight being the husk of Cerrone, who had been KO'ed brutally by both Gaethje and TKO'ed brutally by Ugly Tony leading up to the fight.

Mcgregor got the worst Cowboy who has ever fought. Of course it was easy.

Khabib is the best, and Mcgregor lost to him. Horribly. That was as one-sided as fights gets, and at no point did Mcgregor even remotely look like winning, and in no way was it competitive. There's nothing Mcgregor can do to ever win that fight, and he doesn't deserve a rematch, because nothing about what khabib did to him warrants one. He should be made to fight Justin. UFC don't want it, because they are trying to shoehorn him into the belt, and they know that's a 50/50 fight.

So yeah, you're yet again completely and utterly full of ****.

We'll never know how the rematch with Aldo would have gone, because Mcgregor doesn't give rematches, he just asks for them. He was also a gigantic FW who had a massive size advantage at that weight class, and was killing himself to cut down there, because again, he's a LW, not a FW.

Nobody cares what the media says apart from children. I'm not sure why you think they have some rarified status that means opinion pieces are worth more than the best record in FW History.

When he beats Tony, this will simply reinforce what everyone sense already knows.

* Edited at 03.03.2020, 5:54 AM ET *

jmugwump
jmugwump

03.03.2020 | 6:07 AM ET

EVERYONE says that about Cerrone after he loses to top tier guys. But, low and behold, he beats a few low ranked guys and "Daddy Cerrone is rejuvinated! He's back!" Just watch. Cerrone will smoke Dan Hooker or someone just outside the top 5 and everyone will say "he's back!". He's not back, he's in top 5 - that's his ceiling. (Actually, Hooker prob beats him, but you get the point).

Losing 2 of 5 is meaningless. He lost against the champ. His loss against Diaz was bad, but it was TWO weight divisions higher than he was used to at the time. Even GSP lost to bloody Serra. 

Pfff. Mcgregor smashed Aldo  in 13 secs. It doen't matter if he loses a rematch. HE SMASHED THE GOAT IN 13 SECS. And, like I said before, ALL MMA fighters are bigger now. Holloway is taller and looks like death at weigh ins. Volkanovski looked like a frail old man in his weigh in too. Then there's Zabit, Ortega, KZ, Yair. ALL are taller, and perhaps even bigger than Mcgregor. Look at Cory Sandhagen and OMalley. THAT is big.

If we're talking about weight cutting affecting greatness. Look no further than Khabib. "Killing himself to cut"? Ahem. Khabib LITERALLY almost killed himself trying to cut. Mcgregor has fought at 3 weights, that matters.
I will agree that Khabib beats Mcgregor 9 out of 10 times. Not relevent to whether Mcgregor is an all time great. Khabib will prob beat Ferguson...If he does, I guess he'll get my reluctant goat approval, for what little its worth.

Based on his fighting style, finishing ability, and the calibre of fighter he's dominated - there is absolutely no way any MMA fan can dislike Mcgregor and not consider him a great fighter.

The ONLY reason they might dispute it is based on his out of the cage BS (bus attack, alleged sexual abuse, old man sucka punch); his **** talking, which some find distasteful (I dig it); and his long lay offs/not defending to earn $100million. All of which I consider irrelevent to his greatness as a fighter.

As a MMA fighter, he is great. Not something for debate. That is objective fact. 
jmugwump
jmugwump

03.03.2020 | 6:20 AM ET

Final word on the Khabib/Mcgregor thing because I don't think the mods like discussing unrelated bouts. 
MMA fans are extremely fickle when it comes to crowing greatness. One loss can mean you're washed. There is a possibility that Khabib will end up like Cain and have a steep decline in his early 30s. He's had long lay offs due to injury and has been training hard since childhood. Very common for them to peak early.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

03.03.2020 | 8:32 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1144th

You guys realize that when you get into a dance-off like this with big, multi-paragraph replies back and forth to each other, that nobody even reads all of it, right?

"I live, I die, I live again."

Kevin Randleman
Kevin Randleman
  • Predictions:  301  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  433
  • Post Score: 126

03.03.2020 | 10:08 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1531st

Romero by spinning back suplex

"UNBREAKABLE"

bazik
bazik

03.03.2020 | 10:30 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 2084th

Zhang vs. Jędrzejczyk
Weili Zhang, TKO, R2
Joanna Jedrzejczyk already had a fight with everyone with whom it was possible. I think that the battle between Weili Zhang and Jéssica Andrade was agreed upon in advance where before the fight it was already clear that Zhang would win. UFC needed to enter the Asian market. Conduct 3 fights and immediately fight for the title?

* Edited at 03.03.2020, 10:32 AM ET *

jericho
jericho
  • Predictions:  204  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 296

03.03.2020 | 12:18 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 567th

@nickyswaz because she can't finish a fight against bottom of the barrel opponents. her victories are pretty much all just decision wins against absolute crap. albu is the exception. viana is sub par too, but she at least has some consistent submission skills

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Why Michael Chandler believes he could 'absolutely outclass' Conor McGregor at UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Lopez vs Leo in the works for Aug. 10
  • Bad Left Hook : Luis Alberto Lopez vs Angelo Leo in the works for Aug. 10
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Opens Up About Doubting Himself After Being Inactive For Too Long, Reveals Gameplan Against Conor McGregor
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Who should Max Holloway fight next after spectacular UFC 300 knockout?
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Derek Anderson shares graphic injury photo after alleged hit-and-run, out of Cedric Doumbe fight
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | What’s Next For Jamahal Hill, Boxer Anthony Sims Jr. Talks What UFC Gets Right
  • MMAFighting.com : Derek Anderson out of Cedric Doumbe fight after suffering gruesome foot injury
  • Bad Left Hook : Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe rematch official for June 15 in London
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen rejects Daniel Cormier's idea of Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler for UFC 165-pound title
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean Strickland’s head coach explains what he could’ve done better vs. Dricus du Plessis, previews Paulo Costa bout
  • Middle Easy : Justin Gaethje Reflects On His UFC 300 KO Loss To Max Holloway, ‘Ready’ For Return After 6 Months
  • MMA Mania : MMA Fighter Kicks Ring Girl, Gets Jumped By Angry Mob
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway’s point-to-the-canvas UFC 300 moment was deja vu for Ricardo Lamas
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 1
  • MMA Mania : Feet Are Not Supposed To Bend This Way
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry believes a bare-knuckle fight with Conor McGregor really could happen: ‘Conor’s a real one’
  • Jits Magazine : Midwest Finishers 18 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Junkie : Shawne Merriman launches Lights Out Sports app, touts 'milestone' for MMA promotion
  • MMA Mania : Mac’s Skills ‘Not What They Used To Be’ After Layoff