Topic: Dubois vs. Fujimoto

Dubois vs. Fujimoto

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,759
  • Post Score: 47

11.07.2019 | 11:40 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Dubois vs. Fujimoto
Bout   Info
(Boxing)   Daniel Dubois  defeats  Kyotaro Fujimoto via KO/TKO   2:10 Round 2 of 12, 5:10 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Sunny Edwards  defeats  Marcel Braithwaite via Decision, Unanimous   12 Rounds, 36:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Liam Williams  defeats  Alantez Fox via KO/TKO   2:59 Round 5/12, 14:59 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   James Branch  defeats  Istvan Orsos via KO/TKO   2:34 Round 4 of 4, 11:34 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Archie Sharp  defeats  Artjoms Ramlavs via Decision, Unanimous   10 Rounds, 30:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Troy Williamson  defeats  Dario Socci via KO/TKO   1:55 Round 10/10, 28:55 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Denzel Bentley  defeats  Adam Grabiec via KO/TKO   1:35 Round 2 of 8, 4:35 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Chris Bourke  defeats  Louis Norman via KO/TKO   2:46 Round 3 of 6, 8:46 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Tommy Fury  defeats  Przemyslaw Binienda via KO/TKO   1:02 Round 1 of 6 Bout Page
(Boxing)   David Adeleye  defeats  Dmitrij Kalinovskij via KO/TKO   2:25 Round 1 of 4 Bout Page
(Boxing)   Micky Burke  defeats  MJ Hall via Decision, Unanimous   4 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Henry Turner  defeats  Naheem Ali via Decision, Points   4 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Mohammad Bilal Ali  defeats  Jamie Speight via Decision, Points   4 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Louie Lynn  defeats  Brett Fidoe via Decision, Points   4 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Sam Noakes  defeats  Daryl Pearce via KO/TKO   2:07 Round 3 of 4, 8:07 Total Bout Page

Responses

2019.11.07 11:42 PM ET

bout announced

Daniel Dubois vs. Kyotaro Fujimoto
2019.12.03 10:37 AM ET

bout announced

Sunny Edwards vs. Marcel Braithwaite
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,745  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,106
  • Post Score: 300

12.15.2019 | 2:19 PM ET

5 fights missing!

Predictions: 3 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 230 Points   |   22nd Place

There are many fights announced and booked for this card.  There is only 5 days til fight day, any chance of updating the card???

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.15.2019 | 2:53 PM ET

I don't understand. Why can't you update these Mikey? And why can't you update results as they happen? I would have thought editors would have GLOBAL site powers to alter and change things as they need changing. That would be a much better and more efficient system.

Greg, Mikey is the only on of these guys earning his Keep IMO. Everything that's not managed by him is a dog and pony show.

#Gregneedstogivemikeymorecontrol

* Edited at 12.15.2019, 2:54 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 4 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
Hippie
Hippie

12.15.2019 | 3:02 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 255 Points   |   Tied for 9th with 3 others

I concur & 2nd this motion..

i  i 
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.15.2019 | 3:14 PM ET

Thanks for the compliment bud!

Unfortunately I cannot update any events that I do not create.  Apart from all the photos and adding info and links to the Boxer profile pages I cannot do anything else.  I cannot add or remove fights or results. Or I would bud.
I sometimes do results live for my events if it's a bigger show, or I'm watching it live.  But the site doesn't seem to want that done for boxing, also usually I like to wait til I have 10 or 15 events results all in and get them all done in the 1 go. As I do over 3o events a week so I would be sending  too many emails if I was to update the results individually, you see what I mean?

I'm just continuing to try and do good work on the site and hopefully I am given the bigger shows.  Or maybe just the UK and Europe, all the Matchroom (Sky Sports) and Frank Warren(BT Sport) shows would be nice.

If you keep saying to Greg how much better my events are that'll help my cause!

But I have only been an editor for 2 months so I don't expect to take over,,,,,,, YET!!!!

* Edited at 12.15.2019, 3:18 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.15.2019 | 3:47 PM ET

wait--what? You have to phone in the results by email? Like, you can't just add or change anything via the site itself?
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 4 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.15.2019 | 4:15 PM ET

Yes I do all my editing on the site from my computer.  Once the results are input I send them to the Main Admin to be checked and verified.
That's why you see events with the results input but it says pending.  
All I meant was instead of updating 1 events results to be verified I wait until I have the results for a decent amount of events and get them all done at once 

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.15.2019 | 4:52 PM ET

OK well that's a shambolic system for a variety of reasons and there's a few simple fixes to it. Not talking about what you do, talking about the fact that everything has to be vetted by Admin before it goes Live. I hope Greg doesn't have to do the vetting personally, boy oh boy would that be a PITA. I finally understand why things are so slow to update; it's because the updates are bottlenecking as a result of having one guy Vet everything that comes in. And that doesn't make sense on another level because it isn't like whoever is doing that has any more Data to go off then the person who submits it--that is, whoever vets the results doesn't know more than whoever submits them. So ultimately, you've got a situation in which the same process is doubled-up and a huge workload is carried by I'm assuming one person ( whoever Admin is) making them more likely to make errors, for no meaningful outcome whatsoever. I'm not sure why Greg has organized things this way, but I assume it's about quality control. But I don't think it works.

Here's what I think needs to happen:

Firstly, fight center editors need to get better. Because most of them are Atrocious. Secondly any fight center editor should be able to change any other fight center editor's results. This is patently obvious.

Secondly Fight Center editors should be given more Autonomy to make of-the-minute changes to cards and results and should Vet between themselves, and be given tools to do this on the site. The ratio should be 2-1, or 3-1, depending on how many fight center editors there actually are. It depends on the force of labor. What I am essentially recommending is Peer Review which would operate along the same lines as how Wiki entries operate; Cross-Examination of results should be mandatory before any fight center editor can post their own results, and this should be supported at the code-level, to ensure this happens.

This would result in a massively reduced rate of bottlenecking, results getting up faster, would reduce the probability of errors, and would take a lot less strain off the Admin who in reality probably has far more important **** to do. Or should, at least.

It's a bit like catching stormwater; the reason guttering has a mandated number of downpipes per linear feet of distance is to accommodate flow and stop water gushing back under the eaves and ******* **** up. You can either have more pipes, or fewer big ass pipes. It's the same principle with division of labor. Either you have more people doing less **** or fewer people doing more stuff. The rate of return on option A is always worse in option B in my experience, because of human error, the law of 'path of least resistance' and general human fatigue.

You can have more Admins or give more autonomy with conditions to existing editors. There's only two options.

Admin shouldn't be doing what Editors are paid to do. That role should be managerial,not practical beyond resolving technical site issues and the admin should really only function as a principle of oversight, dispute resolution, and decision-making when conflicts and technical issues arise. That's how any business is meant to be structured.

Personally I would find it insulting to have my work ceaselessly Vetted by a  single person. Where's the trust? That's micromanaging.

Just my two cents.

* Edited at 12.15.2019, 5:10 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.15.2019 | 8:44 PM ET

Editors cannot change each others work as that would affect pay.  For example if I started changed another editors data I would be taking money from them, so that is why each editor stays in charge of their own work.

I don't know if I explained properly?   All data can be added instantly, just because it is "pending, doesn't mean it doesn't appear on the site.
Anyway, I'm not the guy to ask or answer all these questions about this site and how its rub mate.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.15.2019 | 9:18 PM ET

Ok, I'm having trouble understanding why, for example, UFC and Bellator fight results update live and lesser cards and/or Boxing events don't get updated live even when we have editors online. I mean you were watching the Crawford card live yesterday. I'm guessing some other editor snazzled that 'contract', if we can call it that, the whole setup sounds like a depressing ****ensian commission-based ****show.  I get it now. Yick.

Regardless I think if Greg is going to organize it that way there needs to be better standards, and this site could seriously benefit from having a review of the existing editors and a subsequent delousing, because apart from you they all seem to be lazy and/or incompetent. It's not fair to you or anyone willing to work and to get things right and up FAST, that some lazy ************* can do something half-assed, dragging their ass the whole way, and STILL get the money that could have gone to someone GOOD for having done it all badly much more slowly.

Anyway I appreciate the work you put in man. You should at LEAST be in control of literally every single Boxing event on this site.

* Edited at 12.15.2019, 11:29 PM ET *

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857

12.16.2019 | 12:11 AM ET

If you think you can do a better job than any of the editors or know someone who is interested then by all means bring it up with Greg and Skelli. It's easy to sit there and take shots at the ones putting in the leg work during their free time.

We aren't perfect. Mistakes happen and they are usually quickly rectified, saying that all but one person, who doesn't even handle 1% of the entire workload, are lazy and not earning their keep is disrespectful and ignorant, especially if you don't know how the system works. We also all have lives outside of this site, not every event is going to have immediate live results, even if they have a broadcast. I can't vouch for every single editor but the ones I am in regular contact with put in a ton of work and are dedicated. It's why Tapology has become far and away the best MMA database (and now beginning to become a more reliable source for other combat sports that don't really have good databases), so much so it's to the point that other major databases, including Sherdog, copy and paste a lot of our info. I know for a fact that my events (Japanese MMA) are where Sherdog gets almost all of their results for non-Fight Pass events in the region (they also don't enter non-MMA bouts, even if they are on a MMA card).

I might not be as quick getting things entered as I used to be (life changes in the 2 and a half years I have been doing this and I have other priorities that come first, also this is incredibly time consuming) but I am confident in getting the correct info put in and providing the best coverage around. I started this out of passion for JMMA and wanting to make sure it was getting the proper care when it comes to documentation. If there is someone that can do it better then by all means Greg and Skelli are free to bring them in but I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.16.2019 | 12:38 AM ET

Ok, let's start from the beginning; why don't you give me a brief synopsis of how things work, and what the payscales are. In fact, you don't even need to tell me what the patyscales are because I'd rather not know and have already assumed with a strong degree of confidence whatever payment Editors receive is barely enough to keep a dog alive and people do it for reasons other than the financial kind. I am able to infer only at this stage that Editors are paid on commission, and I assume it's X amount per submissions of X.  That is, the more updates and cards completed the higher the return. You call it 'Free Time', but in fact, the time is not 'Free' inasmuch as you receive payment for it. You are then effectively 'Employed'.

I suppose I have to identify with the Ignorant' category at this point. You have the power to enlightenment me. By all means, do. I'm listening. Why the lack of transparency?  Would you oblige me in telling me what it is yourself, and other fight center editors...do, on this site, quantified in Per Weekly hours? It may very well be that I am being disrespectful. But I can't know that. Nobody who isn't on the payroll can.

I'd be interested in a 'state of the union' type address. At any time you could tell me exactly which events you've covered over the past two weeks, also. But what you're essentially doing right now is asking me and everyone else to is accept you do a whole lot of stuff on the basis you say you do despite the fact that even moderately well publicized cards often don't have results updated for weeks.

Here's what I do know; everything Mikey is in control of gets done and gets done right, and apart from Bellator and UFC, almost nothing else does. I'm a simple man. I see things, I make deductions. That, and I know you people are paid something to do something and whatever that is does not result in things getting done promptly.

Edit I don't think I could do a better Job. I know I could. I just wouldn't because...well, I'm either not nice enough, or stupid enough to do so. Which one of those I am will depend on your answers and motivations I suppose.

* Edited at 12.16.2019, 1:30 AM ET *

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,559
  • Post Score: 275

12.16.2019 | 7:34 AM ET

Mikey is doing a great job and he's obviously going to be offered more opportunities to expand what he's doing for the database. But giving individual people too much responsibility too quickly has gotten us into big problems in the past, so we tend to move incrementally.  Boxing is still new for us and we haven't figured it all out yet.

@fishrat we obviously have problems but there's a lot of considerations, thought, and effort that go into how our editor team is organized. I think that when you take a 10-year view, the quality, breadth and timeliness of what tapology is offering has only gotten better and better and better.  So while on the one hand you have every right to call us out when you see problems, on the other hand I think you should give us and the editor team some credit for doing what no other website has been able to do. A lot of the things that you might think are simple changes or quick fixes are not actually as simple as they seem.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,559
  • Post Score: 275

12.16.2019 | 7:45 AM ET

Also, to clarify a point of confusion earlier in this thread: the only "centralized vetting" that Mikey is talking about is for marking an event as finalized. Marking something as finalized means the giving out of points, awards, new belts, fantasy chips, etc.

Prior to the final step, the editors put all their own results in as quickly as they are able to get them in. Those results immediately post and display on the website. The rankings, leaderboards, and fantasy games automatically update to show those results. The only thing that hasn't happened is the official distribution of points/chips/etc. Mikey will then say "Event X is final" and at that point another person will take a quick look to ensure everything looks good, and checks off the "final" box.

"I live, I die, I live again."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.16.2019 | 4:05 PM ET

OK well firstly I 'd like to clarify; I am not trashing Tapology. What you have created here is exceptional. I would go as far as to say that Tapology is Peerless. It is ostensibly the best MMA site in the world. And I'm not criticizing you personally, because criticizing the managerial skills of the person who created the best MMA site in the world would be beyond ridiculous. I agree with just about every decision you make. Probably the only exception is the upvoting/downvoting system which needs a serious overhaul and simply does not serve any meaningful purpose in its existing state. It needs to be changed or done away with.  Because this:

Is evidence of a massive systemic failure.  I downvote 13% of the time, 21.2% my total total votes received are downvotes, and yet I have a post score of 188. I don't even know why I care really because it's a pathetically neurotic thing to give a **** about. Maybe it's my diseased financier's brain but I find myself surprisingly aggrieved about it. 

However, the main site issue that exists, and the main grievance for members here is how slowly it takes for event points to be awarded, and why results are not updated live, for 'non-flagship' events. It's an insensible situation that we have VERY long term members watching these bills live on the day or night, and the results in the right hand column of the screen don't get updated for days or weeks. This is what is stopping Tapology from going to the next level; there is lack of urgency.

Basically my read at this point is that Tapology simply needs more Staff, but without knowing the particulars of how things operate I can still surmise that this would be problematic simply because increasing the staffing pool would make earnings dive because it would further the divide the available money supply, as that incremental increase would not be offset by any exponential or logarithmic growth in the number of cards themselves; I.E. you'd have an under-supply of available cards leading to a higher value of cards, probably to the extent that it simply wouldn't become attractive for anyone, at least financially, to want to work as an Editor. That might prove true in sociological terms also.

But that would be contingent upon there being more people doing what you and Skelli do. More editors isn't going to work in the long term in the...economic status quo, because it doesn't matter if X is getting done quickly if it has to pass through a check that creates a bottleneck. In fact, it would very likely exacerbate said bottleneck. And there IS a bottleneck. There's a reason that subways have more than a couple of turnstiles. 

So more editors probably won't work in the long term. What's needed is more people doing what you and Skelli do. Surely after nigh on Ten years of this site being operational, there's a few members you both trust enough to give discriminatory powers of oversight to. Surely.

Anyway, rant over. Regardless I'm very grateful for Tapology. And if I wasn't such an ******* I'd throw my hat into the ring. But that would mean I'd have to act responsibly, and an on-the-clock Fishrat is a bored Fishrat, and Tapology isn't the place for bored Fishrat. Well it is, but not in the sense that I mean. I don't like complaining about things when I'm not kicking in anything myself, but you won't take my money. I'm happy to give you that, but I can't give you time.

* Edited at 12.16.2019, 4:46 PM ET *

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,430  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

12.16.2019 | 6:20 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 13th with 8 others

@Greg . Ya see... I'm not the only one that noticed/notices Mikey's time, passion, dedication, & overall love for making the site and database as a whole, better for everyone. All his long hours of insomnia, was worth bringing the Tapology Boxing section to life man. 

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.16.2019 | 6:24 PM ET

^ This. The Dude literally burns the candle at both ends, pulls all-nighters and doesn't even sleep to get things updated fast. It's a ******* MIRACLE that he's willing to do what he does. Try and find another one. You're not gonna. Hard work should always be rewarded, as should initiative. 

* Edited at 12.16.2019, 6:27 PM ET *

BradThom717
BradThom717

12.16.2019 | 6:35 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 13th with 8 others

Oooooooh, well that's just because he's a Wanker. The masturwanker

BradThom717
BradThom717

12.16.2019 | 6:38 PM ET

I'd also be willing to help out, but I'm probably not smart enough with computers or whatever you gotta use...

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.16.2019 | 10:27 PM ET

@Brad well Mikey stole his PC from the Library and tries to feed it Lettuce through the disk drive so y'know....not a high bar.

* Edited at 12.16.2019, 10:32 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.17.2019 | 3:16 AM ET

Hey fish ya flamin mongrel!
You couldn't keep up the compliments for too long without throwin in an insults ya bloody galute!

By the way, I learned all my Australian slang from Big Alf Stewart from Home and Away, so I  learned from the best!!!  He's the greatest Australian I've ever known!!!

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Justin Gaethje 'was a victim of his own success,' underestimated Max Holloway at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : UFC 300 Prelims Break Viewership Records
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal New York City press conference video at 6:30 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : ‘Nobody Embodies The BMF Belt’ Like Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Magomed Ankalaev predicts he'd knock out UFC champ Alex Pereira: 'The man doesn't have a chin'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘The world gonna see me expose this dude’: Haney ready to dominate Garcia this weekend
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘The world gonna see me expose this dude’: Devin Haney ready to dominate Ryan Garcia this weekend
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal New York press conference live stream (6:30 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Chandler eyes BMF title fight with Max Holloway after UFC 303 bout vs. Conor McGregor
  • MMA Mania : Broken Toe? ‘Rotate It A Bit!’
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria touts feather in cap over Max Holloway after UFC 300 knockout
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira releases footage of broken toe 2 weeks before UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : 10 highest UFC event gates in promotion history
  • Middle Easy : (Video) Max Holloway’s Team Lost Their Minds After UFC 300 KO And So Did Ref Marc Goddard
  • MMAFighting.com : Arman Tsarukyan explains why he passed on UFC 302 title fight with Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Garbrandt Hospitalized With Vertigo
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Was UFC 300 The Best MMA Event Ever?
  • Bad Left Hook : Devin Haney shoves Ryan Garcia: ‘Your son’s going to get killed,’ says Haney’s father
  • UFC.com : Featherweight Contenders (#12) Edson Barboza And Lerone Murphy Battle At UFC Apex
  • Middle Easy : Michael Bisping: Max Holloway ‘Flipped The Script’ At UFC 300, Justin Gaethje ‘Victim Of His Own Success’