Tapology Forums

Opinion: Lentz vs Penn is the worst fight UFC has ever made.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.27.2019 | 12:03 AM ET

BJ penn should not be sanctioned to fight, and the fact that he's been booked against Nik Lentz is in my estimations the most flagrantly negligent, meaningless, and undeserved move ever made in the history of the promotion and licensing broadly. Penn has lost his last seven consecutive fights in the octagon--a record for the promotion, and has been finished in three of them. He has not a won a fight in 9 years. He already displays many of the hallmarks of the onset of CTE---generalized dissociation, fumbling words, uncontrollable violence, and there can be no other outcome to his upcoming fight with Lentz, which he almost certainly will not win, other than to further destroy his legacy. Should he somehow win the Lentz fight, this will probably be worse than if he were to lose it by anyway other than KO, because this will just incentivize him to keep fighting, which he should not be doing.

The Guida fight was a horrendous booking, but this **** is an entire new level of negligence.Nobody wants to see BJ Penn fight anymore. There is no commercial nor ethical basis for this bout, and no fanfare. Everything about it is wrong. We've just had two deaths in the ring this week, and if the UFC keep giving him enough rope, Penn may just wind up to be the first every death inside the octagon.

* Edited at 07.27.2019, 1:53 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 9 hours, and 56 minutes from now.

Responses

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

07.27.2019 | 2:41 AM ET

Yeah, I really don't know what the **** Dana is thinking giving Penn more fights. He's recently come out encouraging people like Rockhold and Holly Holm to retire and they've taken their share of damage but aren't the complete mess Penn is. Add in that Lentz is an absolute ******* tool and doesn't deserve an easy fight with Penn and it's a real **** sandwich.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,305  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

07.27.2019 | 1:10 PM ET

The reason BJ Penn keeps getting fights is because he hasn't been horrifically KO'd like Rockhold, Holm , and Rousey.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

07.27.2019 | 2:44 PM ET

Getting KOed isn't all that matters though. Penn has taken a record number of strikes to the head and already acts like he has CTE.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

07.27.2019 | 11:49 PM ET

i want to say its somewhat inspirational but just cant bring myself to it .. well .. i checked BJ's net worth ... i heard heroin is a pretty fun hobby if your rich .. and acid .. every .. single .. day 

* Edited at 07.27.2019, 11:50 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

07.28.2019 | 12:15 AM ET

White already said he will love if Penn retire. Seems thats Penn is not inteligent enought to do it!

"Never go down without a fight"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

07.28.2019 | 1:15 AM ET

As a life time fan, not sure I can endure any other BJ penn fight. Even against someone poor enough he can beat

PS. That’s not Lentz

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

07.28.2019 | 2:53 AM ET

Apparently the narrative around the fight is that it is suppose to be BJ's last fight and that him and let have some kind of heat because lent got hurt training with bj long time ago. Ridiculous. I think bj just doesn't want to quit and dana doesn't want someone else to cash in a little on him or dana just can't say no to these guys

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags
  • UFC.com : Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Why Timing Is Everything For Matheus Nicolau
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira fills UFC 302 opening, fights Joshua Van
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey blasts Joe Rogan, MMA media for turning on her: ‘They’re a bunch of assh*les’
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler