Tapology Forums

The new guy says hello

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ChronoGears14
ChronoGears14
  • Predictions:  2,123  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  190
  • Post Score: 372

07.05.2019 | 12:21 AM ET

Hey everyone, huge, huge fan of the site. I've been here for a little over a week now and I'm getting a feel for the community and how everything works here. I miss old school forums like this as I spent my teenage years on a few. Bottom line is I plan on making myself at home here, using all the hot water, drinking milk out of the jug etc. If anybody has any info that new people should know, or any resources I should use to deep dive into Pankration that would be cool, though I've already figured out how most of the site works. I'm going to really try to get some discussion going on here, or at least just mess around and amuse myself. 

"Stupidity lies in wanting to draw conclusions." ― Gustave Flaubert

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.05.2019 | 12:54 AM ET

Hello Shat. Best thing you can do is turn up for the live discussions during live UFC events. That's where the action is. Plenty of banter. Outside of this, not much talking happens. Some more useful site information:

A) I generally hate WMMA, and even when I don't, it's typically only because I'd like to **** one of the competitors, and I'm prone to talking about that quite a lot, and trashing fighters I simply don't like fairly routinely--especially serial **** sniffers who press their opponents against the cage with their face embedded tick-deep in their balls. I'm here for violence, not to be brokeback mountained. Please sign on for my Avaaz campaign in which I'm pushing for WMMA to happen in the nude, and for a rule change that demands at least three north/south positions per round.

B) Make sure you join the free entry games to earn chips. I'll post a link on how to do that.

https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/52090?page=0#post-820869

C)`Everyone hates John Jones and is praying for him to have a leisure suit larry type death as soon as possible.

E)  If in doubt about a pick, consult worstpredictionman.

F) Non-Major events you make picks in don't get updated automatically, and take some time to tick over.

That's about it.

Oh--and Greg is a Jew.

Enjoy.

* Edited at 07.05.2019, 3:16 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 6 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
Wdakotag
Wdakotag
  • Predictions:  151  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 271

07.05.2019 | 1:01 AM ET

That was an epic welcome post! ^^^

"We're not here to take part.....We're here to take over."

ChronoGears14
ChronoGears14

07.05.2019 | 1:28 AM ET

Thanks for the warm welcome Fishrat, worstpredictionman alone is worth his weight in gold. You practically handed me Biff's Almanac there, though I do tend to listen to MMA Expert Skip Bayless for the last word in combat sports, his insight is spot on. Appreciate the link man, answered the questions I had left.

* Edited at 07.05.2019, 1:29 AM ET *

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

07.05.2019 | 10:15 AM ET

What a great way to welcome a new member, ImperatorFishrat!  Sexism and antisemitism! What a ******* welcome wagon. 

Over the last couple of years this forum has become flooded with *********s. I don't even know why I post here anymore. Habit I guess. 
Hippie
Hippie

07.05.2019 | 10:18 AM ET

Welcome Shat!  ^_^

Lol @ fish!

* Edited at 07.05.2019, 10:19 AM ET *

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

07.05.2019 | 12:16 PM ET

@fishrat I understand you are trying to be funny but some of that is not really in great taste

"I live, I die, I live again."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

07.05.2019 | 12:43 PM ET

@AnAlias are you calling @Fish a *********? How? He's almost outpicked you in 3 years. You have more forum posts than picks...I know you're not a troll, but that's troll behavior. 

All these "*********s" are actually picking fights though...

the 2011 class of this website seems to be the worst. All of you are so entitled yet don't pick that many fights...Its incredibly confusing. 

The times are changing, that's all. There are THOUSANDS of more users than in 2011. We get it, there used to be 25 people on the site who got along and picked fights, watched PRIDE together...I get it. Sounds like a brotherhood..but there's just 1 problem. You guys were never that good at picking fights..

So I take offense to this whole "past couple of years its been getting bad" rhetoric when in reality, its the opposite. Guys like Fish, Free, Brad, Bry & Mikey are the ones keeping this place going...and this site has improved LEAPS & BOUND since 2016, when I joined. Thanks to guy like me. Not the OG's. 

@AnAlias I respect your opinion, especially with grappling, but you remind me of an old Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. "Those damn kids I swear" while sitting on your porch doing nothing. 

* Edited at 07.05.2019, 1:29 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 19 hours, and 24 minutes from now.
AnAlias
AnAlias

07.05.2019 | 12:51 PM ET

What the **** does how many picks I make have to do with anything?  I normally just ignore most of what you post, MassaBruce because you're often the biggest ****** of them all, and I don't have time for that ****. I guess I'm just in a particularly ****** mood today. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

07.05.2019 | 12:55 PM ET

This site was made for 1 thing and 1 thing only...to pick fights. 

You don't pick that many fights and just called a group of people who actually pick fights, trolls. 

Doesn't make anysense. You're right, I am a ******. I've been working on that. Notice the "i respect your opinion" but I know its not enough...because you can't handle disagreement. Because you're a silly old man :) 

Your class is the most annoying on here...none of you can handle a discussion without it being an argument. That's a troll. Case & point. 

"get off my lawn!" 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 19 hours, and 24 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

07.05.2019 | 12:57 PM ET

"its been getting bad the past couple of years!" 

AnAlias
AnAlias

07.05.2019 | 1:00 PM ET

I never called anyone a troll. The site has many features, not just picking fights. I pick the fights I want to pick. How many fights someone picks or doesn't could not possibly be more inconsequential. 

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

07.05.2019 | 1:09 PM ET

You're wrong my friend. 

"over the past couple of years this forum has been flooded with trolls". 

Which includes guys like Fish and pretty much myself. Because guys like us are the ONLY ONES in these supposed forums man. You're barely around. Who are these trolls? Me? The guy who does EVERYTHING you don't? You want to upload fights for WEF Global? Why not? The guy who does spend time for some random ass promotion is a ******? Why? Because I despise lazy people? 

Maybe the new users would respect the OG's more if you guys were around & actually put forth effort again. You miss those "glory days" so bad then why not do something about it? You should know way more than myself...yet, wiki after wiki its @Freemoney & Myself updating. 

* Edited at 07.05.2019, 1:11 PM ET *

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

07.05.2019 | 1:09 PM ET

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

07.05.2019 | 1:11 PM ET

Hey I'm an OG and still here contributing!

And I'm the only one with 1000 wiki updates award!

* Edited at 07.05.2019, 1:12 PM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

07.05.2019 | 1:12 PM ET

I apologize...i'm just tired of being thrown under the bus with back-handed statements. 

I know you are @Poir420 and that's why we appreciate you. 

Was proven nobody could do the Wagering League except for you! 

* Edited at 07.05.2019, 1:13 PM ET *

Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,098  |  72.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 303

07.05.2019 | 1:14 PM ET

****SHATTIN ALL OVER THE PLACE

Welcome brother. This is the place to ****shat all over everythin. Smooth sailin to you.
The reggae shark is real

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

AnAlias
AnAlias

07.05.2019 | 1:15 PM ET

Wow. You actually just quoted me, but changed "*********s" to "trolls" as if people can't just scroll up and read the post. You are something else man. 

* Edited at 07.05.2019, 1:17 PM ET *

ChronoGears14
ChronoGears14

07.05.2019 | 1:15 PM ET

Posted without comment

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

07.05.2019 | 1:19 PM ET

Wow you just ignored all the points where I made you look silly & completely clung onto a word I accurately changed. 

But you were talking about me and we all knew that so what does it matter? 

I'm a ******

but you're a lazy puke. and theres nothing worse than that. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

07.05.2019 | 1:26 PM ET

Welcome to Tap @Shat Mile****ch

A+ for the name 

Don't mind me, i'm the village ******* thats always around making sure everything gets done right. Somebodies gotta do it. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Bull-Riding Cerrone ‘Rushed Into Surgery’
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara gets replacement opponent for Combate Global debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Caio Borralho questions why Paulo Costa can’t fix ‘basic’ mistake that led Robert Whittaker loss
  • MMA Mania : How, When To Buy Tickets For UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Dricus Du Plessis on board with Jiri Prochazka moving to middleweight
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith is Blinded by His Own UFC Title Aspirations: ‘It’s Making Me a Worse Fighter’
  • Bad Left Hook : Morrell vs Kalajdzic and Cruz vs Moran set for Aug. 3
  • MMA Junkie : Cedric Doumbe gets new opponent for Bellator Champions Series in Paris
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards’ coach: Belal Muhammad ‘was looking for a way out’ in first fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards’ coach: Belal Muhammad was ‘was looking for a way out’ after eye poke in first fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL signs Melissa Balic to multifight deal ahead of professional debut
  • UFC.com : Austin Hubbard Welcomes What Is Unpredictable
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC Vegas 91 Media Day!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream
  • MMAFighting.com : Cedric Doumbe lands new opponent for Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Leon Edwards' coach expects Belal Muhammad next, says he 'was looking for a way out' in first fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Bones’ Back In Camp
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones returns to training for first time since suffering pectoral injury