Tapology Forums

Step-by-step guide on how to earn chips by entering free public games on Tapology, with pictures.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.20.2019 | 5:05 PM ET

1. Thought I'd do a post on this because a lot of people are confused on how to earn chips. It's not really explained anywhere on the site and I myself didn't initially know how to get them either. It's actually very simple.

First, look to the right hand side of the forum, you'll see a heading that says 'Fantasy MMA'. Here's an image. You won't have games listed as is displayed in this image, those are just my own personal games I have created or have joined personally.

2.Next, click on the option that says 'Join games'. This is the first option underneath the heading titled 'Fantasy MMA.

This will bring you to a screen that looks like this:

3.The second half of the page shows you games you can join. If you don't have any chips to start with, you may only join games that do not have a chip entry cost. These are denoted in the 5th row, and are listed as free. Next to this is displayed the prize pool, which is how many chips you can win by winning any given competition you join. Generally, you will be awarded some amount of chips by placing within the top 3.

Find the free entry games you want to join, then select the green man icon that says join. Note: You can join multiple free games at any given time, and you are not limited to one game only. After clicking join, you will be taken to a page that looks like this:

4. Click yes, and you're now entered in a free public game that will award you chips, assuming you win, and allow you to set up private, entry fee chip-based games of your own. Now, on the right hand side of your screen, under Fantasy MMA, the games you are competing in will be displayed. You can click any individual game in the list at any time to see who is also in the game, make comments, see your score, and how many events are pending.

Enjoy.

* Edited at 05.20.2019, 8:21 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 19 hours, and 58 minutes from now.

Responses

Meers222
Meers222
  • Predictions:  18,234  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,587
  • Post Score: 211

05.20.2019 | 5:34 PM ET

Great post Fish! I hope this helps more people get into the games.

"If it's not a challenge, it isn't fun enough."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

05.20.2019 | 8:11 PM ET

Nice post, thanks @fishrat

"I live, I die, I live again."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

05.20.2019 | 8:19 PM ET

Np.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 19 hours, and 58 minutes from now.
phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,779  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

05.20.2019 | 8:28 PM ET

thanks man, appreciate it.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

05.20.2019 | 9:15 PM ET

Thanks a lot :)

"Never go down without a fight"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

05.21.2019 | 12:46 PM ET

Easy fish. Your just giving away tapologies secrets. Just kidding good thread.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

05.21.2019 | 5:50 PM ET

Excellent thread for idiots like me. Next time I find a bit extra time I will follow and start to play!  Thanks, Fish. You’re the Mann. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

05.21.2019 | 5:53 PM ET

Be great to have you in some games man. Trying to get the whole live thread crowd involved!

* Edited at 05.21.2019, 5:53 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

05.22.2019 | 9:49 PM ET

Swain’s prelude to retirement-an old drunks rambling

Yea, man. It would be fun. I love h2h fantasy too. Maybe once I do it it can rekindle some lost love for the sport of fantasy mma. 

To be honest when I started fantasy fighting (other sites other leagues) over a decade ago we’d all go to a mma chat room, whether  it was Combat chat at junkie radio or AFC or wherever and talk **** and even place bets on our fantasy via private messages and PayPal accounts. We even had a few $ leagues Prizefighter/PayPalFighter/Lettuce league. It really made the events super fun. We’d be up all hours world wide for Dream/K1 and everything.  

I joined here in early 2011 by word of some old teammates elsewhere but really didn’t start playing and participating until a few years later. To be honest, I’ve been on the verge of retiring completely from fantasy as all my old places armchairfighters/FC/Weakly-tagradio/HQ/BonesnapperMMAare all but gone except junkie and that’s just not the same and playground is boring AF. 

If I didn’t start coming here more I’d be done and only gambling by now. But when I read all you guys breaking down every fight and see the upcoming crew of killers like you, Bruce, Phil, free,Mikey and all you guys doing breakdowns and actually thinking about fights and every fighters best chance and avenues to win, the way I used to, it inspires me to hang out and keep plugging in picks. Unfortunately I’ll likely never have the same drive therefore success I once did. I seriously do my picks effortlessly on the ****ter the large majority of the time.  I rarely know more than 3-4 fights in the card before i sit to poo. I hear about them earlier I just don’t process them mentally anymore. 

Anyway, Tapology, IMO, seams to be the last hope for interactive fantasy fighting. So... to make my long meaningless babbling  even longer..and more meaningless, I’ll just have to be content to be the BJ Penn of the game. Once multiple time champion of multiple sites and league and the 4 site wide Multi site FOTY and fantasy World Cup champ who is now lucky to pick 50%  correct will simply hang on to ramble drunk online and for the love of the game, while watching my % plummet and live off past accomplishments and vicariously through Bruce’s % like he’s JoeKerr or something. 

So, bottom line, I will get around to letting you all whoop this old mans ass in these fantasy games sooner than later before I leave my gloves in the cage for good.  

And no, I’m not ******* drunk, I’m just drinking.....and babbling. Am I slurring?  **** it. I’m gonna take another shot. 

sláinte

* Edited at 05.22.2019, 10:16 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

05.22.2019 | 10:05 PM ET

I'm still hoping/waiting for team H2H games. 4 vs 4 etc. 

Perfect for my Natives vs Nomads set up 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 9 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

05.22.2019 | 10:30 PM ET

My favorite league was armchairfighters. It was ran like the nfl with 2 conferences with4 divisions each and playoffs to Super Bowl. There was a waiting list to qualify and if you didn’t make the playoffs you lost your spot the next season. Obviously I played in every season but it only lasted 3 seasons and it’s the one title of all those other old leagues that’s I never won a major in. Very tough competition and layout to win. 

Someone should try to revamp some of those old game tapology style. I’d help layout the structure but no time to run it. I averaging 70hrs work weeks now and drink a lot. 

The World Cup was ran like the cup with 4 sites and several groups per site. The game took a year and a half. It was only done once and I won despite being in both groups of death. Ughhhh the good ole days of glory. My nerdum was truly at its peak 

Are there any team league going? They can be fun as well. I think the old BSFL here is why I finally started over here regularly as someone from junkie asked me to be in the junkie team. Bring that **** back 

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

05.22.2019 | 10:55 PM ET

Theres life in the dog yet swain! I know for a fact you hit some very clever sneaky ass plays gambling wise, ive seen it. And you wouldnt be able to hit them if you didnt have a very good idea how things are going to play out.Its carried over on the same skill. I dont considernmyself myself one of the really good guys, and really if you thought about your picks it would be like when I first signed up here and you would cut me a new ******* every card.

Mostly what I try and do is get people interested.Sometimes by talking straight up ******** about fighters and roasting them, sometimes by genuinely trying to go deep and think about how fights are gonna shake out. A lot of the time when I trash a fighter its just for purposes of comic relief and for a laugh. if life were only pain and drudgery who the **** would want it, you know? Ive managed to recruit a few new members over the last month just by word of mouth on youtube etc. Sometimes it starts as a ****fight, basically ill piss someone off, tell them they aint **** until they can prove their pick accuracy on Tap, and they'llproceed to join with the specific intent of killing and eating me, and then realize the site is awesome and stick around anyway. Most people have a competitive spirit and just wanna see how they match up.Either way if they are here talking about fights and watching them, its a win. You gotta have a big member pool. This is essential to the health and viability of any forum. Everything else is commentary. One thing that does confuse me is that I meet a lot of people online who use tapology for research but dont even know it has a forum. Go figure. I seriously believe that if even a small amount of the regulars pushed tap on facebook or whatnot we'd get much bigger numbers, especially in the live event threads, pretty quickly.

* Edited at 05.22.2019, 11:27 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

05.23.2019 | 12:43 AM ET

Haha thanks man. Obviously I still and will always watch everything so if I’m playing attention enough I’ll hit every now and again. I’m not stopping because I don’t pick as well   I like to think I don’t pick as well because I was stopping.......putting forth the thought. 

Personally, for the most part, my recruiting days are done.  I have brought some junkies here in the day though. In 09 I started a league on the fight club fan site (based off weakly/tagradio scoring I believe)which I handed off to a few guys much smarter, computer savvy and capable to run it than myself and they got it it’s own site. All in all, through myself, I brought anywhere from 50-60 fighters into fantasy. The numbers grew from other 
S too but that was my contribution.  I guess a lot of people didn’t like my take a wanted to e-fight me and would get hooked, like you said. 

The forums, small sites and leagues were much more interactive, personal and involved at the time. It was way easier. The rapid growth of social media has all but killed the personal aspect of fantasy, IMO. Especially with the accessibility of automotive sites. That’s why I like it here, it has the automatic pick convenience and capabilities but still solid conversation on the forum. Not everyone cares for forum convo now that you can just tweet ****. I’m not on facegram or instachat or any social media ****. 

Does any of these games do lock order or confidence points?

* Edited at 05.23.2019, 2:05 AM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

05.23.2019 | 1:59 AM ET

Nah, its still in Beta. For now, there's just head to head games and points total matches. People are definitely in to them though, all the 16 player events Ive created have filled up quickly. We could do one for real cash, we'd need a master of coin though. If only we had a member who already ran a wagering league cough poir. I dont do facebook either. I was there for the beginning of it and new how it would pan out unlike these silly ****s who literally have their entire life histories stored and ready for exploitation. I aint starting now.
Gregory
Gregory

05.23.2019 | 7:43 AM ET

We do still have big plans for a lot more fantasy features.

But the reality we've run into is that as the Tapology site has gotten bigger and bigger, there are so many other complications and hidden features we've needed to spend time on. As a result we haven't made as much progress on the fantasy features as quickly as we expected. But we will get there!

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

05.23.2019 | 7:08 PM ET

Lol. Holy mother of drunk posting chatty mouth chatty

@Greg@Fish

From my sobered up and slightly embarrassed point of view, You guys are definitely on a nice path. I really like the dynamics of what you guys are going for. It definitely is more streamlined for modern times and convenience while keeping the things I loved about the older school fantasy. 

Well done , sir. Much thanks and appreciation. 

PS. Have you ever had a Tapology fight-time chat room?

Good stuff. Sorry for drunk spamming the **** outta this great thread. Feel free to delete or move any of my jibber jabber 

Gregory
Gregory

05.23.2019 | 7:55 PM ET

We've never had a chat room... maybe some day... it would certainly be an interesting social experiment!

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

05.25.2019 | 3:26 PM ET

Thanks for this thread, hopefully I can win some chips and enter **** that I’ve been invited to 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

05.28.2019 | 6:37 PM ET

bump in case anyone missed it.
pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

05.28.2019 | 7:48 PM ET

Also an upvote for ts

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?