Topic: UFC on ESPN+ 20

UFC on ESPN+ 20: Maia vs. Askren

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,977
  • Post Score: 47

05.13.2019 | 10:17 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ESPN+ 20
  • Saturday 10.26.2019 at 05:30 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC on ESPN+ 20: Maia vs. Askren
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Singapore
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Dan Hardy, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Dan Hardy | Backstage: Laura Sanko
  • Attendance: 7,155
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Demian Maia   defeats   Ben Askren   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:54 Round 3 of 5, 13:54 Total Bout Page
Stevie Ray   defeats   Michael Johnson   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Beneil Dariush   defeats   Frank Camacho   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Don'Tale Mayes   via Submission, Heel Hook   4:46 Round 3 of 3, 14:46 Total Bout Page
Muslim Salikhov   defeats   Laureano Staropoli   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Randa Markos   defeats   Ashley Yoder   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Alex White   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Movsar Evloev   defeats   Enrique Barzola   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sergei Pavlovich   defeats   Maurice Greene   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Loma Lookboonmee   defeats   Aleksandra Albu   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Raphael Pessoa   defeats   Jeff Hughes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,442  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

10.24.2019 | 8:23 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1192nd

Maia vs. Askren
Ben Askren, DEC
When the talks of Ben Askren coming to the UFC 1st started, I imagined a few fights that he would probably get. Demian Maia was one of the 1st names that came to mind. And the fight actually makes sense to me more now. Not only are we getting a fight between 2 of the UFC's elite grapplers, but also a fight that can factor into both of their UFC careers moving forward (or not). Maia is riding a 2 fight win streak after dropping 3 straight. He's also all but 42 years old and it shows, and there's ALWAYS that question about just how much meat is left on the bone. Realistically thinking... Maia will never again come close to another UFC title shot either. As for Askren, I kinda feel like everything's on the line pending the outcome of this fight. If he loses again, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Dana White put his contract thru the paper shredder, subsequently released, and then given a proper Dana White tongue lashing thru the media. Cos we all know just how much Dana White loves Ben Askren and has really wanted and pushed for Askren to come to the UFC for years!

Johnson vs. Ray
Michael Johnson, DEC
Oooooh yeeeeaah. The last time we saw MJ, was that weird fight with Josh Emmett. That he no doubt about it, was winning. He was tuning Emmett up with speed, precision and movement — Until he wasn't and got knocked stupid by a heavy shot. But he didn't look badd. He just got caught. Either way, it was a bad loss for Johnson. Bad enough to send him packing back to Lightweight. But honestly, unless MJ makes a mistake, this is his fight to lose. I see MJ winning rather easily by simply fighting his fight. Don't get drawn into a wild brawl. Move in & out with quickness, throwing shots with speed, combinations from all angles, and just picking apart a slower opponent, while avoiding Ray's counters. If he sticks to his strengths, it's an easy win. Should be a fun fight tooo!

Dariush vs. Camacho
Frank Camacho, TKO, R2
Maaaan. This one has all the ingredients needed to blow up in Dariush's face...... Literally. Dariush's chin has been severely cracked a couple times recently. And Camacho is a veryy hard hitting puncher. Definitely hits harder than the guys that have already cracked Dariush. And Camacho has a stronger chin. He's also faster, stronger, more athletic and explosive. Probably hungrier and more of a savage than Dariush tooo. I can easily see Camacho smashing a hole thru Dariush's face, but my ONLY worry is when it hits the mat, because it'll be game over for Camacho. Especially when he struggled a bit in the ground exchanges with Drew Dober, and Beneil just ran right thru Dober and submitted him in fantastic fashion.

Markos vs. Yoder
Randa Markos, DEC
Here we are, 5+ years into Randa Markos's UFC career and she's still struggling to find some consistency. It's a crazy stat I noticed earlier, but Markos still has yet to put together 2 consecutive wins in the UFC. But at the same time, has never had 2 consecutive losses in the UFC either. But I see Markos being better than Yoder pretty much everywhere, except if she finds herself on the mat, with Ashley Yoder in top control. But, in order for that to happen, Yoder has to get takedowns and I just don't see them coming as often as Yoder needs in order to win this fight.

Pavlovich vs. Greene
Sergey Pavlovich, TKO, R2
I still consider Pavlovich to be a top prospect, despite the loss to Alistair Overeem. Sergei did get to right the ship and get back into the win column with a 66 second KO of Marcelo Golm, marking his 10th, 1st Round KO Win. Mo Greene usually uses his outstanding frame and uses it well to win fights, but he really doesn't get much of a size advantage this time which is kinda crazy to me. Sergei will be 4" shorter, but will have a 2" reach advantage (84") over Greene's 82" reach. We're talking Jon Jones reach numbers with Pavlovich. But in the end, I just think that Greene still lacks the tools needed to stop or even slow down Pavlovich's superior wrestling and power in his shots. .

Albu vs. Lookboonmee
Loma Lookboonmee, DEC
Lookboonmee is a veteran of more than 100+ Muay Thai bouts and technical striking wise, blows Albu away.. And from watching the veryy little tape I could dig up, she has some of the most beautiful elbows in the game, regardless of gender or weight class. The 1 problem I see here tho, is Size. There's not tooo much a difference on paper, but all Lookboonmee's past fights were at Atomweight. Either way, theres just to much of a striking differential to ignore. The newcomer it is.

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

Robtheexpert
Robtheexpert
  • Predictions:  38  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: -100

10.24.2019 | 9:18 AM ET

predictions/ bets

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 276th

Maia Def Askren
Not confident, difficult to get a read as neither of these guys have faced an opponent willing to fight where they want it. Just going to go with maia finding askrens neck somehow and finishing him. although i think if it goes out of the first two rounds it goes to askren.

Johnson Def Ray (Betting Johnson)
Johnson is way faster, better striking, volume and combinations and has the wrestling to mix it up if he needs. Johnson was at his best at 155 and we just saw ray get knocked out stiff by a left hand by a bjj guy. LW johnson has a killer left hand and will find the mark. Could be a decision or KO. Good for a parlay.

Camacho Def Dariush (Betting Camacho)
Betting line could be influencing me but i see camacho getting it done. Dariush looked awful in his last fight, tired from the off and was getting hit a lot. Dober escaped his sub attempt but for some reason engaged in the grappling again, gifting dariush the opportunity to sub him. I think if Dober struck with him after that grappling exchange, dariush would have got finished. Frank looked great in his last fight. Patient, great body work and not taking nearly as many shots as he used to. He showed no signs of gassing either. Dariush will look to tie him up and take him down. I see camachos solid judo hips and being the bigger man putting a stop to those attempts. Frank is also a bjj black belt (not on dariushs level) but can hold his own. Camacho will wear daiush down and get the decision or ko. Dariush was more happy he didn't get kod in his last fight rather then getting the W. not a good mentality.

Gane Def Mayes
Not as high on gane as everyone else is but he is good enough to beat Mayes. Looks like he is faster, has a better gas tank and a surprisingly good ground game to fall back on if he needs it. I see a gane ko or sub.

Salikhov Def Starapoli (Betting salikov)
Risky one and starapoli could be a good dog play because he will most certainly win the volume battle. But he throws a lot of shots with no set up and against a decorated stand up fighter like salikhov, I think he will make the right reads on starapoli who can be wild, and finish him.

Markos def yoder
dont care, no idea

Fiziev Def White (Possible bet)
Fiziev looked hesitant in his debut but mustafev is a beast. White is tough but hittable and his chin is suspect. I see fiziev tearing him up on the feet if he settles into the fight. Only chance white has is catching him with a shot as i don't think his wrestling game is good enough to hold down fiziev. Ill take fiziev

Evloev Def Barzola (bet)
Barzola could win if he can push an insane pace for 3 rounds and just lands takedown after takedown. But evloev is a much more savvy grappler and his ground control is far better than barzolas. If barzola lands a takedown, he will hold down movsar for 3 seconds and movsar will scramble out, just making barzola tired. If movsar gets the takedown, he could control him for a round. Movsar by decision.

Pavlovich Def Greene
Pavlovich looked good in his last fight. if he lets his hands go he knocks out maurice who has been ko'd a few times in kickboxing. pavlovich has reach advantage too.

Lookboonme def albu (Possible bet)
Albu is a fraud, lookboonmee is a good thai fighter. ill take lookboonme and possible bet her.

Hughes def Pessoa (Bet)
Pessoa is sloppy, hughes is a solid workman like heavyweight. easiest path for victory is to take pessoa down avoid the chance of one of his wild shots landing. pessoa is a bjj guy yet got subbed in r1 by a thai boxer. Yeah ill take hughes.

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

10.24.2019 | 12:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 456th

Maia vs. Askren
Demian Maia, SUB, R3
i think demian is gonna look like an amazing striker in comparison and that he'll pick ben apart before a sloppy shot eventually leads a lost position. maybe another neck crank? if not then decision.

Johnson vs. Ray
Michael Johnson, DEC
this fight is interesting because both guys are at similar crossroads in their career. the winner is back into meaningful fights, the loser might be gone. i'm not sure ray is gonna end mj so i'll take who i think will have the quicker hands and better tank.

Dariush vs. Camacho
Frank Camacho, TKO, R2
if beneil comes in sharp, he could definitely snipe camacho. i'll throw this pick away though and say maybe frank can push the action and make it a brawl?

Gane vs. Mayes
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R2
dude got ko'd by crowder? i'm gonna pick against him.

Salikhov vs. Staropoli
Muslim Salikhov, TKO, R2
this one interests me. staropoli can stay technical, but i think that'll give salikhov too much time to analyze and set things up.

Markos vs. Yoder
Randa Markos, DEC
looking forward to some fun scrambles. ultimately i think randa can push a pace that'll keep yoder on the backfoot and it'll take scorecards.

Fiziev vs. White
Alex White, DEC
conflicted here. certainly seems like they're trying to feed white to fiziev, but white is pretty durable so i'm not super comfortable picking someone who hasn't gone past r2. i guess i'm gonna take the upset?

Barzola vs. Evloev
Movsar Evloev, DEC
barzola is durable, there's a chance he fends off attacks and lands on the breaks, but i think they have a lot of belief in movsar. plus i'm already taking a few other dogs.

Pavlovich vs. Greene
Sergey Pavlovich, TKO, R2
i think if mo stands then he's gonna get ko'd, but if he changes levels then he has a real possibility of winning on the ground. not expecting that level of analysis from him though, it'll be all hands.

Albu vs. Lookboonmee
Loma Lookboonmee, DEC
there's been some hype around konklak and i think she can win the technical chess match standing, just needs to consistently get back up if albu can get her down.

Pessoa vs. Hughes
Jeff Hughes, DEC
i hope it ends early, but i think it'll be like last week with the opening fight being a long heavyweight decision and that favors hughes i think.

Hippie
Hippie

10.24.2019 | 2:39 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1481st

HiDefff
HiDefff

10.24.2019 | 8:03 PM ET

Askren by dec. Maia only loses to people who can stop his takedown and have better wrestling than him. this was true for Colby Usman Woodley Shields Weidman. Same goes for this. Maia being a BJJ guy is happy to go to his back and lay in guard. Askren by control wrestling dec. 
dcfromboston
dcfromboston
  • Predictions:  12  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

10.24.2019 | 8:38 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 1772nd

Maia vs. Askren
Demian Maia, DEC
It's going to be a really boring fight

Hippie
Hippie

10.25.2019 | 1:03 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1481st

Axl702
Axl702
  • Predictions:  2,951  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  483
  • Post Score: 110

10.25.2019 | 4:53 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 1803rd

Salikhov vs. Staropoli
Muslim Salikhov, DEC
fight of the night 👊

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Axl702
Axl702
  • Predictions:  2,951  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  483
  • Post Score: 110

10.25.2019 | 4:55 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 1803rd

Barzola vs. Evloev
Enrique Barzola, DEC
Maia vs askren is going to be ehhh...this one is the real gem for grappling 👁

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Buck J
Buck J
  • Predictions:  1,452  |  57.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 800

10.25.2019 | 5:44 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 1650th

Salikhov vs. Staropoli
Laureano Staropoli, TKO, R1
Stay is a good night honey I love honey 🍯 is your day to put your kids into

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.26.2019 | 1:26 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 470 Points   |   573rd Place

@ Buck J Congratulations for having written a sentence as disturbing as it is incomprehensible.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 14 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
2019.10.26 1:49 AM ET

event start time updated

From Saturday, October 26 at 5:00am ET to Saturday, October 26 at 5:30am ET
Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,156  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

10.26.2019 | 4:34 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 26th with 8 others

I believe he is asking his wife to help him embalm their children in honey.

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,057  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

10.26.2019 | 4:51 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 834th

Anyone on the western side of the world staying up/waking up early to watch the fights?
KO2019
KO2019
  • Predictions:  3,517  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  370
  • Post Score: 198

10.26.2019 | 4:51 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 592nd

Salikhov vs. Staropoli
Muslim Salikhov, TKO, R1
King of Kung-Fu shuts his lights off in late first or second-round

"They're All On Steroids Bro!"

Adrian99
Adrian99
  • Predictions:  6,619  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  232
  • Post Score: 409

10.26.2019 | 5:00 AM ET

Whats good Fresno we out here in the west reppin
FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,057  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

10.26.2019 | 5:10 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 834th

Hell yeah @adrian!! Where you watching from?? Fights start at 230am here I don't have **** to do today so I'm just gonna pull an all-nighter ha
Adrian99
Adrian99
  • Predictions:  6,619  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  232
  • Post Score: 409

10.26.2019 | 5:17 AM ET

in norcal too bruh but shh dont tell no one
KO2019
KO2019
  • Predictions:  3,517  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  370
  • Post Score: 198

10.26.2019 | 5:21 AM ET

Here in Spain fights start at 11:30 am.

"They're All On Steroids Bro!"

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,779  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

10.26.2019 | 5:28 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 226th

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,779  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

10.26.2019 | 5:29 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 226th

5:30pm here in the philippines, nice to not have to get up at 5 or 6am for a change

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 announced for Manchester this summer
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Garcia admits health concerns were all an act: ‘I was not gonna budge for nobody’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream (2:45 p.m. ET)
  • UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss