Topic: UFC on ESPN 6

UFC on ESPN 6: Reyes vs. Weidman

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,926
  • Post Score: 47

05.13.2019 | 10:16 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ESPN 6
  • Friday 10.18.2019 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN 2
  • Name: UFC on ESPN 6: Reyes vs. Weidman
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Boston
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: TD Garden
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,124,765
  • Attendance: 12,066
  • TV Ratings: 805,000 avg. viewers (1M peak, 396k ESPN2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Dominick Reyes   defeats   Chris Weidman   via KO/TKO, Left Cross to Ground and Pound   1:43 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Yair Rodriguez   defeats   Jeremy Stephens   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Greg Hardy   vs.   Ben Sosoli   Ends in a No Contest   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joe Lauzon   defeats   Jonathan Pearce   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Maycee Barber   defeats   Gillian Robertson   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:04 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Darren Stewart   defeats   Deron Winn   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Rosa   defeats   Manny Bermudez   via Submission, Armbar   2:46 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Molly McCann   defeats   Diana Belbiţă   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sean Woodson   defeats   Kyle Bochniak   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Randy Costa   defeats   Boston Salmon   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean Brady   defeats   Court McGee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brendan Allen   defeats   Kevin Holland   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Tanner Boser   defeats   Daniel Spitz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 4

Davis410
Davis410
  • Predictions:  2,463  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,934
  • Post Score: 236

10.18.2019 | 4:48 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 624th

Weidman vs. Reyes
Dominick Reyes, TKO, R2
Wiedman is moving up to 205 to beat Jones, well that's going to be tough when Reyes sleeps him in the 2nd.

Rodriguez vs. Stephens
Yair Rodriguez, DEC
Stephens is fighting emotional and I think Yair will stay composed and piece him up, mix in some takedowns, and take advantage of an angry Stephens trying to rip his head off.

Hardy vs. Sosoli
Greg Hardy, TKO, R1

Lauzon vs. Pearce
Jonathan Pearce, TKO, R1
Based on his record, Pearce starts fast and gets a lot of finishes. I think Lauzon is tough, but I think he gets dropped and ground and pounded in the first. Retirement, welcome Joe Lauzon.

Barber vs. Robertson
Gillian Robertson, SUB, R2
Hannah Cifers should be fighting at 105 and JJ Aldrich really showed her true skill level against a terrible Lauren Mueller. I think Robertson is evolving just as quickly as "The Future" and can finish Barber in the 2nd. Robertson has a lot of amateur and pro fights and she's never been finished by TKO, and I don't think Barber will submit her.

Winn vs. Stewart
Deron Winn, DEC
Stewart is definitely in this fight. I'm worried picking Deron Winn because I can see Stewart catching him with a hard shot and finishing him on the ground.

Bermudez vs. Rosa
Manny Bermudez, SUB, R1
Bermudez is technical on the ground and everyone is saying Rosa has never been submitted, but if you look at his record he's never really been challenged by a decent submission artist, and if the guy did have submission victories he was like 9-16. I think Bermudez will be given too many opportunities to not submit him. Rosa has also been out of the game for 2 1/2 years, a simple mistake will end his night quick.

McCann vs. Belbiţă
Molly McCann, DEC
I'm curious why they gave Diana this fight right off the bat. Molly is a dog and can beat almost any chick outside the top 10 in this division, so I see her talking **** and beating this girl up for 3 rounds. I don't think McCann has the killer instinct to get her out of there, though.

Bochniak vs. Woodson
Kyle Bochniak, DEC
Woodson looked terrible on the contender series until that flying knee, and I don't see Bochniak dropping to any of his shots. I think Bochniak will be able to push Woodson against the cage and take him down. I see this one going to decision.

Holland vs. Allen
Kevin Holland, DEC
Allen was able to go 5 rounds with Eryk Anders, but I think Holland will use his UFC experience and win the grappling exchanges and win a comfortable decision. I think Allen is tough enough to survive combined with Holland's ability to throw away dominant positions in fights.

Spitz vs. Boser
Tanner Boser, DEC
I'm not impressed by either fighter, but I'll go with Boser based on conditioning and his ability to take a punch.

* Edited at 10.18.2019, 4:50 AM ET *

Robtheexpert
Robtheexpert
  • Predictions:  38  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: -100

10.18.2019 | 5:42 AM ET

I will break down the fights I will probably be betting on.

Predictions: 1 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 75 Points   |   Tied for 2093rd

Holland beats Allen. He sticks and moves on the feet and if he gets taken down, i think he has the better scrambling ability. Have seen allen in fights and he can be very sloppy on the ground, getting full mounted etc. (WORTH A BET)

Salmon beats costa. People have jumped off the salmon hype train quicker than the tuivasa one. He is a well schooled amateur boxer with good technique and is sound defensively (for the most part). Most guys who stand wilth khalid taha will get clipped in the BW division. Costa's awkward style won't work against salmon. If boston avoids the big shots in the first few minutes I see him finishing costa in the second or third. (WORTH A BET)

Bochniak def Woodson. Not seeing where all the love for woodson is coming from. He got beat handily in the first 2 rounds of his DWTCS fight before landing that hail mary flying knee. He looks green and his reach alone has got him wins. i don't think his long shots have the power to deter bochniak from getting on the inside and working him, dirty boxing or by takedowns. Also woodson's legs only need two or three kicks before they fold if kyle chooses to do so. (WORTH A BET)

Darren Stewart def Deron Winn: If winn decides to stand with stewart, stewart will knock him out. His striking is way better than spicely, serious power and spicely took the fight on short notice against winn and did'nt get finished. Winn's top control doesn't match his wrestling and if he goes wrestle heavy early, stewart will tee off on him when he is gassed like he did with edmen, except he will get the finish. Stewart has also started training mma full time so expect to see big improvements too.

Jonathan Pearce def Lauzon: Lauzon is done after two minutes, Pearce can take a shot, decent boxing and great cardio. He knocks out lauzon at some point.

Other fights: spitz boser aren't fighters you want money on, sean brady is a tiny ww, weighed in at 167 and shouldnt be -250 on his debut, yet i think he will get the win. Molly beats up the can. No read on rosa manny, prob manny. People are jumping on the robertson train but its takedown or bust. sosoli is hardys toughest fight hope he knocks him out, although these aussies/new zealanders havent been looking good. Yair outpoints stephens but hope yair gets KTFO. Hope weidman beats up reyes.

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.18.2019 | 8:56 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 931st

People will be getting back into weird hobbies again after the main event .. 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

HiDefff
HiDefff

10.18.2019 | 9:25 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 913th

@RobTHEExpert which Aussies and Kiwis have not looked good lately? aside from Tuivasa 
Stavros30
Stavros30
  • Predictions:  2,865  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

10.18.2019 | 10:59 AM ET

3 Chips to enter "The Boston Open"

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 1736th

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/12113/players/new?code=fb6d0b85a7c5

Join up! only two spots left!

"MMA is the Story of Man's Evolution"

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,204  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

10.18.2019 | 11:22 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 869th

@Stavros30

Send me an invite.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

10.18.2019 | 11:55 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 576th

Weidman vs. Reyes
Chris Weidman, DEC
chris gets no respect. beat the best twice, defended his spot, and has only taken fights that others don't want since. fans like to downplay his skills because he's a dull personality, but he was doing well in all of the fights he lost and is clearly the most complete fighter dom will have faced. i think he was wrestle his way to a win.

Rodriguez vs. Stephens
Yair Rodriguez, DEC
i forget why this was my pick for the first one, but it'll stay.

Hardy vs. Sosoli
Greg Hardy, TKO, R1
they brought this dude in just to pad hardy?

Lauzon vs. Pearce
Jonathan Pearce, TKO, R2
doesn't seem like joe can take many shots anymore, but pearce has been fighting regional randoms and has 2 losses by sub so who knows. i'll still go with pearce to finish just because joe hasn't had a sub in 7 years so he's gonna need to get on top and tko this guy and idk how likely it is.

Barber vs. Robertson
Maycee Barber, TKO, R2
robertson is gonna be comfortable going to her back instead of eating shots, but i think barber can be aggressive enough to do damage while also staying aware enough to not get swept.

Winn vs. Stewart
Deron Winn, DEC
stewart has more skills than i've given him credit for, but i still think mini dc can put him on his back and drag him around.

Bermudez vs. Rosa
Manny Bermudez, SUB, R2
i don't like rosa for some reason, hope he gets choked out.

McCann vs. Belbiţă
Molly McCann, DEC
pad em up i guess. molly's gonna get derailed again at some point though.

Bochniak vs. Woodson
Sean Woodson, DEC
the size disparity is just too big for me to go with logic.

Brady vs. McGee
Sean Brady, DEC
not sure court can grind it out anymore.

Holland vs. Allen
Kevin Holland, DEC
seems pretty even, but allen relies on finding a finish so i'll take holland on scorecards.

Spitz vs. Boser
Tanner Boser, DEC
hopefully someone goes to bed early, but i'll pick a more frustrating fight to watch.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

10.18.2019 | 11:59 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 1586th

Meatball sucks. Benita by sub in one. Joe public is ******* stupid.
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

10.18.2019 | 1:44 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 1015th

Bochniak vs. Woodson
Kyle Bochniak, SUB, R3
At some point we need to see Bochniak vs. Dvalishvili

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

bluey252
bluey252
  • Predictions:  904  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 450

10.18.2019 | 2:53 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 273rd

Hardy vs. Sosoli
Greg Hardy, TKO, R1
Non

Best picker
Best picker
  • Predictions:  350  |  38.0%
  • Forum Posts:  161
  • Post Score: -268

10.18.2019 | 4:17 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 705th

alll these ***** picker who are scared to pick because they have low prediction percantage while im the only confedent one because i have a 100% pick rate
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 10 months, 5 days, 11 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
Pseudochamp
Pseudochamp
  • Predictions:  277  |  57.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 400

10.18.2019 | 4:49 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1466th

Lol Dvalishvili vs Bochniak for the great fighting spirit but what about some pounds difference ))
Hippie
Hippie

10.18.2019 | 4:53 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 121st

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

10.18.2019 | 4:56 PM ET

Let's go show your cards

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

10.18.2019 | 4:58 PM ET

@bestpick I'm gonna call u Bruce from now on...
CarteLL
CarteLL
  • Predictions:  12,119  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,552
  • Post Score: 263

10.18.2019 | 5:08 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1160th

The thing is Bruce knew his **** unlike these trolling ******s. I'd welcome him back in exchange for any of them bums any day.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,134
  • Post Score: 333

10.18.2019 | 5:16 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 1942nd

How long they suspend bruce for?

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

CarteLL
CarteLL
  • Predictions:  12,119  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,552
  • Post Score: 263

10.18.2019 | 5:17 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1160th

@Xconchris for eternity...
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.18.2019 | 5:23 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 576th

Should be a good card. Not sure if Mikey will be able to make it, he's doing Tapology stuff, and sent me this picture of him working out of the office about an hour ago.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 5 days, 17 hours, and 3 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

10.18.2019 | 5:32 PM ET

@fish thats not mikey if it was he'd be wearing a skirt..

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Gordon Ryan Says He’s ‘Embarrassingly Weak’ In Health Update
  • MMA Mania : Moldavsky Vs. Vassell 2 Headlines PFL Uncasville
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard
  • Middle Easy : Jamahal Hill Says He ‘Took No Damage’ Against Alex Pereira, Plans To Take Out ‘Frustrations’ Against Khalil Rountree Jr
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall's MMA debut opponent revealed as full 2024 PFL Europe 2 lineup announced
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Shuts Down Chances Of Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Fighting For Proposed 165-Pound Title
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC owners at Triller acquired by Hong Kong-based finance company in $4 billion merger
  • MMA Junkie : The Ryan Garcia show is ready to take off after upset of Devin Haney | Opinion