Ajax loader

Topic: UFC on ESPN+ 18

UFC on ESPN+ 18: Hermansson vs. Cannonier

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  9,127
  • Post Score: 14

05.13.2019 | 10:14 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ESPN+ 18
  • Saturday 09.28.2019 at 11:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC on ESPN+ 18: Hermansson vs. Cannonier
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Copenhagen
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Royal Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
Bout   Info
Jack Hermansson   vs.   Jared Cannonier   Confirmed   5 x 5 Minute Rounds Bout Page
Gunnar Nelson   vs.   Thiago Alves   Confirmed   3 x 5 Minute Rounds Bout Page
Macy Chiasson   vs.   Lina Länsberg   Confirmed   3 x 5 Minute Rounds Bout Page
Ion Cutelaba   vs.   Khalil Rountree   Confirmed   3 x 5 Minute Rounds Bout Page
Alessio Di Chirico   vs.   Peter Sobotta   Confirmed   3 x 5 Minute Rounds Bout Page
Ovince St. Preux   vs.   Michał Oleksiejczuk   Confirmed   3 x 5 Minute Rounds Bout Page
Alen Amedovski   vs.   John Phillips   Confirmed   3 x 5 Minute Rounds Bout Page
Alex Oliveira   vs.   Nicolas Dalby   Confirmed   3 x 5 Minute Rounds Bout Page
Marc Diakiese   vs.   Lando Vannata   Confirmed   3 x 5 Minute Rounds Bout Page
Siyar Bahadurzada   vs.   Ismail Naurdiev   Confirmed   3 x 5 Minute Rounds Bout Page

Responses

Gunnar nelson hs
2019.06.26 11:07 AM ET

bout announced

Gunnar Nelson vs. Thiago Alves at 170 lbs (77.1 kg)
Thiago alves
Jack hermansson
2019.07.04 11:21 AM ET

bout announced

Jack Hermansson vs. Jared Cannonier at 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
Jared cannonier hs
Macy chiasson
2019.07.12 10:45 AM ET

bout announced

Macy Chiasson vs. Lina Länsberg at 135 lbs (61.2 kg)
Lina akhtar lansberg
Ion cutelaba ha
2019.07.12 11:05 AM ET

bout announced

Ion Cutelaba vs. Khalil Rountree at 205 lbs (93.0 kg)
Khalil rountree
Alessio di chirico hs
2019.07.15 3:00 AM ET

bout announced

Alessio Di Chirico vs. Peter Sobotta at 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
Sobotta peter ufc115 1
Alessio di chirico hs
2019.07.15 9:49 AM ET

bout announced

Alessio Di Chirico vs. Peter Sobotta at 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
Sobotta peter ufc115 1
Ovince st. preux
2019.07.15 9:51 AM ET

bout announced

Ovince St. Preux vs. Michał Oleksiejczuk at 205 lbs (93.0 kg)
Michal oleksiejczuk new
Alen amedovski
2019.07.16 7:18 AM ET

bout announced

Alen Amedovski vs. John Phillips at 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
John phillips
Alen amedovski
2019.07.16 9:45 AM ET

bout announced

Alen Amedovski vs. John Phillips at 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
John phillips
FergboyMMA
FergboyMMA
  • Predictions:  121  |  52.9%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 128

07.19.2019 | 9:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Pending   |   Tied for 1st with 153 others   |   View

Hermansson vs. Cannonier
Jack Hermansson, SUB, R2
The Joker will eat heavy shots in round one but will use the jab a ton until round two where he takes down Jared and submits him.

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  2,516  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,282
  • Post Score: 95

07.19.2019 | 9:26 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Pending   |   Tied for 1st with 153 others   |   View

Cannonier TDD was expose by Glover but i'm not sure Hermanson TD are that good. On the feet, I think Cannonier is a legit treath to anyone in this devision. Hermanson may get the decision but this is a close fight.

"Wake up in the morning feeling live"

Alex oliveira hs
2019.08.09 8:21 AM ET

bout announced

Alex Oliveira vs. Nicolas Dalby at 170 lbs (77.1 kg)
Niclas dalby hs
Ufc ultimate fighting championship logo square
2019.08.12 12:25 AM ET

event start time updated

From Saturday, September 28 at 5:00pm ET to Saturday, September 28 at 11:00am ET
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  9,997  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  791
  • Post Score: 219

08.12.2019 | 10:13 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 10 Pending   |   Tied for 1st with 153 others   |   View

Hermansson vs. Cannonier
Jared Cannonier, TKO, R2
Tempted to go with Cannonier here. I know Hermansson has been really impressive recently, especially beating Jacare. But I kinda feel that was an unmotivated Jacare who has lost a step or 2. Ok Cannonier win was against the ghost of Anderson Silva! But since he's dropped to 185 I've been super impressed with him! I think I'm gonna go for the upset here. Hermansson doesn't seem to take strikes to well and Cannonier can crack!!

Cutelaba vs. Rountree
Khalil Rountree, TKO, R2
This Cutelaba guy is garbage! He's the classic bully! He'll paint his face like the Incredible Hulk and give you a mean staredown at the weigh ins, come at you hard right off the bat, but if you stand up to him he wilts and most likely lays down and let's you choke him out! I'm hoping Bangkok ready Khalil keeps this standing and KTFO's this bum!!!

St. Preux vs. Oleksiejczuk
Michał Oleksiejczuk, DEC
I like this Oleksiejczuk guy! His striking is definitely his strong point but good takedown defence and cardio. OSP can always pull off a head kick or strong arm his way into a submission. However I think Oleksiejczuk is too smart to fall for that, plus OSP only has 1 round of gas in him, I don't think there's gonna be a finish though as OSP is tough and I dont think Oleksiejczuk is even gonna try taking it to the ground here. So I'll take the DEC win

Amedovski vs. Phillips
Alen Amedovski, DEC
How is Phillips still in the UFC??? Dana must be doing Conor a favour of is there an SBG quota or something? Amedovski isn't up to much either abd I'm sure he popped just the other week so I think this fight will be cancelled, if not already. Probably for the best, cancel the fight, cut both guys and they can main card a Bellator Europe card

Oliveira vs. Dalby
Nicolas Dalby, TKO, R3
Happy to see Dalby get called back to the UFC in his home town. Especially after all the pints of blood he spilt in that crazy fight with my boy Ross Houston. Apparently Dalby was in tears devastated after that fight was called a no contest because he was under the impression that winner was getting on this card. Nice that the UFC signed him anyway. If you haven't seen the Dalby Houston fight from the last Cage Warriors event go watch it, it was CRAZY!!! 1st time I've ever seen a fight stopped because there was so much blood both men were slipping and sliding all over the shop!!! Honestly it was CRAZY!!! I hope my boy, fellow Scotsman Houston gets signed up too. Considering he is the champion and it was such a weird ending. A tonne of people blew up Dana Whites Twitter the other day about Houston and Dana did respond so I've high hopes thaf Ross will get a shot. Anyhoo! This fight I like Dalby to get the win, don't trust Oliveira. He could always pull off some wild **** but everything's with Dalby here, hometown return to the UFC, great back story(not that that counts for much!) I got Dalby possibly by late finish

"Bee Ba Bap Bada Bo, Ba Ba Bada Bo, Bee Ba Bap Bada Bo"

Marc diakiese
2019.08.13 10:33 AM ET

bout announced

Marc Diakiese vs. Lando Vannata at 155 lbs (70.3 kg)
Landon vannata hs
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  9,997  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  791
  • Post Score: 219

08.13.2019 | 2:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 10 Pending   |   Tied for 1st with 153 others   |   View

Diakiese vs. Vannata
Marc Diakiese, TKO, R2
Love this fight! Should be guaranteed action! I really thought Diakese was on his way to the top 10 when he arrived in the UFC. He lost his way a bit but his latest performance against Duffy was encouraging. Vanatta is pretty similar in the way he arrived with a bang but then hit a rough patch. I'm thinking Diakese gets the win here as Vannata is very hittable and Diakese hits very hard!

"Bee Ba Bap Bada Bo, Ba Ba Bada Bo, Bee Ba Bap Bada Bo"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  13,246  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,214
  • Post Score: 211

08.13.2019 | 8:48 PM ET

Great round. These guys fighting like they wanna take home a contract

Lol. Wrong thread

* Edited at 08.13.2019, 8:49 PM ET *

"“This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems” MassaBruce"

Bigbadbrybry
Bigbadbrybry
  • Predictions:  4,707  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,784
  • Post Score: 144

08.14.2019 | 1:53 PM ET

This is a DAMN good card imo..  some of the Euro cards are trash .. this one has some great match-ups 

* Edited at 08.14.2019, 1:54 PM ET *

"“Never argue with an idiot; they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”"

Bigbadbrybry
Bigbadbrybry
  • Predictions:  4,707  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,784
  • Post Score: 144

08.14.2019 | 1:57 PM ET

I’m REALLY excited to see how and if  Roundtree has evolved his striking even further. It was an amazing transformation in his last fight, and I’m HOPING to see even more this time out! The guy is exciting as **** and is a real student of the fighting game and seems to be a sponge .. 

"“Never argue with an idiot; they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”"

Siyar bahadurzada hs
2019.08.16 10:46 AM ET

bout announced

Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Ismail Naurdiev at 170 lbs (77.1 kg)
Ismail naurdiev

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Fortunes changed for five at UFC 241
  • MMA Weekly : Dana White: What’s next for Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier? (UFC 241 video)
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White doesn’t want Daniel Cormier to retire, open to booking potential trilogy against Stipe Miocic
  • MMAFighting.com : Filipe Esteves wins title in Brazil, donates purse to opponent
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White: Henry Cejudo needs to defend flyweight title next or give up the belt 
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach: Anthony Pettis not expected to need surgery for UFC 241 injuries, hopes to compete again in 2019
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White speaks further on Zuffa boxing, admits sport ‘might be so broken that it can’t be fixed’
  • MMAFighting.com : The A-Side Live Chat: Live 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White’s Contender Series results: Philip Rowe lone contract winner after thrilling main event
  • MMAFighting.com : Octagon girl Jhenny Andrade announces pregnancy
  • MMAFighting.com : Jorge Masvidal accepts Nate Diaz’s challenge: ‘It’s a fight that the fans want’
  • MMA Weekly : Jorge Masvidal says he would fight his friend Colby Covington (video)
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White’s Contender Series: Season 3, Week 9 Results
  • MMA Weekly : Ronda Rousey nearly loses finger while filming (WARNING: Graphic Image)
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Dominick Reyes felt Jon Jones lost to Thiago Santos, hints at title shot after next win
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor: Nate Diaz’s win was motivating ‘for my own comeback’
  • MMAFighting.com : Eryk Anders vs. Gerald Meerschaert in the works for UFC Fight Night from Tampa 
  • MMA Weekly : UFC 241: Paulo Costa vs Yoel Romero recap video
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey shows off gruesome injury where she nearly lost a finger filming ‘9-1-1’
  • MMA Weekly : Steve Garcia Jr. excited to fight Desmond Torres to earn a UFC contract