Tapology Forums

Fighter Affiliation Source

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

TheFightingSpirit
TheFightingSpirit
  • Predictions:  707  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 167

05.06.2019 | 10:25 PM ET

Hey Guys,

I've noticed a lot of differences in the listed fight teams/affiliations between Tapology, Sherdog, and ESPN.  Which source do you feel is most accurate in your opinion?

~The Fighting Spirit

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.06.2019 | 10:29 PM ET

Probably Sherdog, because they have dedicated staff who update  these things and I think Tapology relies on the community to do it via wiki updates which may or may not ever happen. I might be completely wrong. That said, even if Tapology was drastically inferior to Sherdog in this capacity, it would still **** all over Sherdog.

* Edited at 05.06.2019, 10:50 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 10 hours, and 30 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

05.06.2019 | 11:10 PM ET

ESPN is fake news, Sherdog is for stale males who only drink sugary drinks, no water, and jack off everyday. then complain about fatigue. who will we blame today? how about God ?

~ The Swag Lord, future provider to Jon Jone's wife's sensual and dark desires ( "The Longings" / "The Giver and the Patriot")

* Edited at 05.06.2019, 11:12 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,559
  • Post Score: 275

05.07.2019 | 9:04 AM ET

Fighter gym affiliations are very hard to maintain and track. Some fighters change their gyms around a lot. If you really want to know a specific fighter's affiliation, perhaps the best thing to do is go check out their social media pages and see where it seems like they're training lately.

Otherwise there will be times that Tapology is more accurate, and times that Sherdog is more accurate, and times that Wikipedia will be more accurate. It's going to be kind of random.

"I live, I die, I live again."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,957  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

05.07.2019 | 8:41 PM ET

Sherdog is usually more accurate at least for regional fighters. I write prospect articles and mention the team the fighter is training with. When I try to check Sherdog tends to seem more up to date although I don't triple check since IDK where to go for that.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Arman Tsarukyan & Renato Moicano Talk Wins At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : UFC 300: Robert Whittaker Reveals Key Factors That Led To Jamahal Hill’s KO Loss vs. Alex Pereira
  • UFC.com : UFC Performance Institute In Mexico City Celebrates Inaugural Academy Combine
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Lightweight Division | April 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan says UFC 300 judge apologized for scoring fight in Charles Oliveira's favor
  • UFC.com : Cam Smotherman’s Revenge Tour | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMAFighting.com : Jiri Prochazka wants Alex Pereira rematch as soon as possible, knows eating punches ‘will not work’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC on ABC 6 headliner
  • MMA Mania : ‘Inherently Bad’ And ‘Unbelievably Embarrassing’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He’s trying to be like Prince Naseem’: Callum Smith on Ben Whittaker’s ‘disrespectful’ antics
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier questions Herb Dean's handling of Alex Pereira's low blow before UFC 300 KO of Jamahal Hill
  • UFC.com : Updates To UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Bad Left Hook : Nate Diaz: Masvidal rematch will be ‘way tougher’ than Jake Paul fight
  • MMA Mania : Jiri Wants Pereira Rematch ‘As Soon As Possible’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal assures he's making UFC return: 'I'm definitely coming back'
  • MMAFighting.com : Bo Nickal’s game plan for Khamzat Chimaev: ‘Take him down, rag-doll him, throw him around’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman reflects on house fire, campaigns for women's BMF title
  • MMAFighting.com : 18-year-old Adrian Lee, younger brother of Angela and Christian Lee, set for debut at ONE 167 in June
  • Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Is Ryan Garcia ready for Devin Haney?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler: Everyone has to buy UFC 303 because it may be Conor McGregor’s last fight