Tapology Forums

TJ Dillashaw voluntarily relinquishes belt after USADA findings

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

03.20.2019 | 8:50 AM ET

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/03/tj-dillashaw-voluntarily-relinquishing-ufc-title-adverse-usada-finding

T.J. Dillashaw has announced plans to vacate the UFC bantamweight title as he deals with an issue with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) and the New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC) following his January loss to Henry Cejudo at UFC on ESPN+ 1.

Dillashaw (16-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) today revealed on social media that an “adverse finding” came out of a test taken in conjunction with the fight against UFC flyweight champion Cejudo (13-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC), which took place Jan. 26 in Brooklyn, N.Y.

As a result of the situation, and while he deals with the process, Dillashaw says he will be giving up his UFC title (via Instagram):

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by tjdillashaw (@tjdillashaw) on Mar 20, 2019 at 5:07am PDT

Dillashaw did not reveal the substance that brought up the adverse test but made it clear he intends on investigating the matter with his team and working with USADA and the NYSAC.

Although he has never previously failed a doping test, Dillashaw was repeatedly accused of being a cheater by former Team Alpha Male teammate Cody Garbrandt ahead of their UFC 217 title fight in November 2017.

For complete coverage of UFC on ESPN+ 1, check out the UFC Events section of the site.

What do you guys think?  Moraes vs Munhoz/Cejudo/Cruz?

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Responses

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.20.2019 | 9:03 AM ET

omg i always had alot of things in my satchel bag but a ropa dopey snake ? say it aint so! 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

03.20.2019 | 9:03 AM ET

Moraes vs Cejudo pls

Munhoz will hit the canvas quick & Cruz need to win something (if he is not retire)

"Never go down without a fight"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

03.20.2019 | 9:04 AM ET

Kyle Snyder also failed a urine sample for the USA Wrestling commission and is being sent to Azerbaijan to live out the rest of his youth as a wandering snake charmer and charmer of farmers wives , better run away fast fast fast ! that damn baggy pants snake charming wife carouser! why we sulladines did execpt this boy

* Edited at 03.20.2019, 9:06 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

B Wrizzle
B Wrizzle
  • Predictions:  48  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 240

03.20.2019 | 9:59 AM ET

Props to him for giving up the belt in less he knows something, anticipates being stripped and was just trying get ahead of it like resigning instead of being fired. I guess time will tell. Yeah I’d be looking to see Cejudo/Moraes. Munhoz would be a very tough sell for a belt.

"It is what it is"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.20.2019 | 10:29 AM ET

Weird thing here is it's unknown if USADA or the NYSAC popped him. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

B Wrizzle
B Wrizzle
  • Predictions:  48  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 240

03.20.2019 | 10:46 AM ET

Ariel’s reporting NYSAC has suspended him for a year and could maybe face additional penalty from USADA. Now it’s looking like he resigned instead of getting fired. Out of respect for the division my ass.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/20/18274036/t-j-dillashaw-announces-positive-drug-test-relinquishes-ufc-bantamweight-title-mma-news

* Edited at 03.20.2019, 10:48 AM ET *

"It is what it is"

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

03.20.2019 | 1:59 PM ET

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

03.20.2019 | 2:11 PM ET

Moraes has earned the title shot. No one can argue that.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.20.2019 | 3:32 PM ET

I agree with Free here. Moraes should be no question fighting anyone, even TJ, had this not gone down, for that strap. 

While I agree with Hyrm’s assessment of a Munhoz fight outcome, I still believe he’s earned his name to be in the conversation.  How many times have we all been wrong anyway. That’s why we have the fights. 

My personal choice would also hands down be Cejudo too tho, with that said. 

I guess we gotta see how the health and scheduling timeline works out for everyone though. 

Wonder what Cody and the Alpha squad is saying right now. 

* Edited at 03.20.2019, 4:58 PM ET *

pie2munch
pie2munch

03.20.2019 | 3:55 PM ET

Maybe too early for the rematch and the way moraes dispatched him but Sterling has looked pretty good since his loss to moraes
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.20.2019 | 3:59 PM ET

That’s why I didn’t list him. IMO too early or a rematch but he’s gotta case as well 

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

03.20.2019 | 4:39 PM ET

TJ is such a malaka snake, he is only a pee wee but he has a nasty sting and a menacing rattle, i bet him and Duane do other things aside from padding each other up at the gym ( when no else is around :) best coach ever
no pee wee
your my top student and padder

* Edited at 03.20.2019, 4:40 PM ET *

Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,156  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

03.20.2019 | 4:51 PM ET

What are the odds on Moraes popping in the next 6 months?

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

pie2munch
pie2munch

03.20.2019 | 5:00 PM ET

Well, he is Brazilian 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.20.2019 | 6:12 PM ET

@pie the Americans are as bad if not worse for using PEDS.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 10 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

03.20.2019 | 7:57 PM ET

Historically, the US is much worse than Brazil when it comes to PED's.  It's not even close.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

03.20.2019 | 8:37 PM ET

It's not geographical it's professional.  At the top of every sport your always looking for an edge and always worried about the other guys having an edge. 

Plus I'll assume america has the best testing to catch offenders. Debatable of course but I don't see them caring as much about it in Brazil for example. No offense to Brazil intended.

* Edited at 03.20.2019, 8:40 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.20.2019 | 8:50 PM ET

Honestly, when I was much younger, more athletic and far better looking than I am now, I was offered steroids more than a few times. The first time in HS. I never did them but I know several wrestlers and football players I
went to school with that were heavy on the juice. One kid who I Was around the sameness weight class I beat for my weight classes choosing every year since 6 grade gained 35lb of power over the year, made a run to PA states. Sure he was the 20lb heavier than me after that but I went from never losing to him to not being able to move him. He ate shrooms later and our boy had to 302 him. Drug induced schizophrenia is real **** and scary ****. 

* Edited at 03.20.2019, 9:35 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.21.2019 | 1:20 AM ET

Pretty common at most gyms in my experience. Never used myself, might have been better than the other **** I did as a younger man, healthier anyway. Guy that runs my local Gym looks like a ******* racehorse and I know for a fact he's on the sauce, because my stepbrother's mate is his dealer.He's a pinger fiend as well as whatever else he is, I can tell you that for a fact. Thinks he's badass but I've seen him nearly die from a stroke after about 4/12 minutes on the heavy bag throwing punches so badly if it were a human body he'd break his hand or wrist in seconds. Heard he got smoked by the local Gilhooley's bouncer who's a whippet, but does amateur muay thai around the traps. Dunno if it it's true or not, wouldn't surprise me if it was. He's got classic short man syndrome, drives a ute the size of a bus, got his plastic little trophy *****, the works.

He'd be your average short fat bald hairy ass suburban lawn yeti without it, guarantee it. Doesn't really bother me apart from the fact that he tells these 35-45 year old dudes they can look just like him if they train hard enough and py for his training and dieting programs, which is, like whatever he's using, horse-****.

I'm surprised TJ popped though, didn't see it coming. So much for the eye test. I thinks it's true for traditional anabolics  and HGH etc but the game is probably a couple of steps behind what's out there. The best guys are using **** that isn't detectable by the eye or the spectographs yet.

Might not have been a PED he popped for, more likely a banned diuretic that helped him make the cut. Maybe not. Didn't Cody say he was the guy that taught TAM how to cycle?

* Edited at 03.21.2019, 1:36 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 10 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.21.2019 | 7:52 AM ET

Sure there’s tons of it everywhere in every gym.   My point is the pressure for athletes to perform starts at a young age and what it can do to your psyche. 

I’m not at all surprised TJ got popped. He’s been accused multiple times and some claimed he showed others in Alpha how to use. He’s also been known for hurting teammates and going too hard in the gym.  He’s a bit of a head case and they can be signs of steroid abuse. 

Who knows, this could’ve been some kinda diuretic. He may have thought he knew how to beat the tests and had something that worked for a long time before but they keep talking about how far advanced the testing has become.  We’re seeing so many guys go down this path. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?