Tapology Forums

UFC PPVs now only on ESPN+

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

03.18.2019 | 4:38 PM ET

I just read that online.  Does this mean that bars will not have it?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Responses

Meers222
Meers222
  • Predictions:  18,101  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,583
  • Post Score: 212

03.18.2019 | 4:48 PM ET

Appears commercial selling of PPV's will remain the same. So bar business for it will remain the same it seems. Also, from what reporters are saying on twitter, PPV price will drop 5 dollars as well through ESPN+. For the most part now, if you want to watch any UFC fights in a timely manner, you have to do it through ESPN+.

"If it's not a challenge, it isn't fun enough."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

03.18.2019 | 4:55 PM ET

Then that is not as bad.  :-)

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Meers222
Meers222

03.18.2019 | 5:17 PM ET

I will say this, it doesn't say exactly what the resolution for bars will be. It just says the "UFC will continue to sell its ppv events to commercial establishments." 

If they are selling it to bars through ESPN+ they really better have a quality stream and the bar better have great WIFI or that could be a disaster.

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,042  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,188
  • Post Score: 191

03.18.2019 | 5:19 PM ET

edit meers was faster

* Edited at 03.18.2019, 5:19 PM ET *

"Never go down without a fight"

Meers222
Meers222

03.18.2019 | 5:42 PM ET

Also, while the PPV price is going down 5 bucks, since you are paying for the ESPN+ service monthly I guess it's a wash really. But better then paying 5 bucks and the previous ppv price. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolly will beat Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • UFC.com : Venum’s Adrenaline Fight Week Collection Is Changing The Game For Our Athletes