Topic: Cerrone vs. Diaz

Cerrone vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,514
  • Post Score: 60

10.31.2011 | 12:45 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Cerrone   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Cerrone vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 12

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

01.02.2012 | 6:09 AM ET

Diaz is a bad match up for Condit, especially if it goes into the later rounds.  Back on subject, I think Nate at 155 will be a serious contender.  Seems like his only weakness is against better power grapplers such as Rory, the Stun Gun and Gray... His is improving big time, so I'd like to see a re-match between Gray and Nate... the 1st fight was very very close.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

01.02.2012 | 7:38 AM ET

Both Diaz' have the "stand there and throw multiple punches from the same range" style and seem to be very accurate. You need either good head movement, footwork to stay out of range, or a good top game or you're in trouble. I still can't believe they got FOTN. My overall takeaway impression was of disappointment with Cowboy. Has he never heard of the teep?

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Kalibo
Kalibo

01.02.2012 | 8:29 AM ET

I was very disappointed as well @Mule, but the after fight presser comments shed some light on the matter.  

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

norbar
norbar
  • Predictions:  2,367  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  473
  • Post Score: 129

01.02.2012 | 9:26 AM ET

I actually this fight didnt show how good Nate is but how easy he would be to disarm. Yes he has amazing boxing but he is easier to kick than a rock. Yes Cowboy is very good at MT but he didnt check a lot of kicks and got tripped often. I think it is the problem with both Diaz brothers. They have amazing skillsets that at the same time are obvious to counter if you are skilled and analyze their fights.

"“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” ― Oscar Wilde"

Kalibo
Kalibo

01.02.2012 | 9:34 AM ET

Cowboy didn't follow up on any of those leg kick knock down/trips.. not one and he had at least 10.  I guess it doesn't matter now, Nate won b/c Cowboy promised Nate he wouldn't "wrestle" and take him down apparently.

norbar
norbar
  • Predictions:  2,367  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  473
  • Post Score: 129

01.02.2012 | 9:40 AM ET

Still if he low kicked Nate untill he had no footwork he had a big chance of winning that fight. Low kicks are the most underutilised weapon in MMA right now. Yes people use it but rarely use it often enough to actually hurt their oponents legs. In most cases it is more of a - im scared to close the distance and have no idea what to do so I;m going to lk you. 

"“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” ― Oscar Wilde"

Kalibo
Kalibo

01.02.2012 | 10:23 AM ET

I agree with you.  I just don't know why he wouldn't pull the trigger and follow up. 

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL 3 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Goiti Yamauchi vs. Neiman Gracie II - Round 1 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL 3 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Goiti Yamauchi 91% Neiman Gracie 9%
  • Goiti Yamauchi (28-6-0) PR, BR is the #46th Top Welterweight MMA fighter.
  • Neiman Gracie (12-4-0) NY, US is the #63rd Top Welterweight MMA fighter.
  • PFL 3 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois