Tapology Forums

BJ Penn vs Guida Targeted for UFC 237.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.06.2019 | 9:14 PM ET

For ****'s sake. How long will this be allowed to go on?

BJ is on six straight losses. That ties him for the UFC record. One more, he breaks it.

Two UFC veterans will battle inside the Octagon in Rio de Janeiro.

Former lightweight and welterweight champion B.J. Penn will return to the Octagon one more time on May 11, as he takes on Clay Guida at the UFC 237 pay-per-view show in Brazil, multiple sources told MMA Fighting.

Penn (16-13-2), who did his last training camp at Rio’s Nova Uniao, competed for the last time in the city in 2000, when he became the first non-Brazilian to ever win a gold medal in a jiu-jitsu world champion.

The Hawaiian star is looking to snap a six-fight looking skid dating back to 2011, capped off by a loss to Ryan Hall in December. Prior to that — and a majority draw with Jon Fitch —, “The Prodigy” scored his last win in a 21-second knockout over Matt Hughes in Nov. 2010.

Guida (34-18) fought for the last time in June 2018, tapping to a guillotine choke against Charles Oliveira. “The Carpenter” had won back-to-back bouts prior to that defeat, knocking out Joe Lauzon in 67 seconds and defeating Erik Koch via decision.

Entering the eight-sided cage for the 27th time since 2006, Guida holds wins over future UFC champions like Rafael dos Anjos and Anthony Pettis and fellow veterans like Nate DiazTakanori GomiTatsuya Kawajiri and Hatsu Hioki.

UFC 237 is currently slated to feature Rose Namajunas vs. Jessica Andrade as the headliner at the Jeunesse Arena.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 20 hours, and 36 minutes from now.

Responses

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

03.07.2019 | 12:15 AM ET

Even people that don't like BJ Penn are tired of seeing him get beat up.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

jacomalfoy1
jacomalfoy1
  • Predictions:  26,336  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 187

03.07.2019 | 12:23 AM ET

In 2008 this would have been fight of the year. Now we get to see the saddest retirement send off ever

"USA in this hoe"

CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

03.07.2019 | 1:23 AM ET

Does BJ have the longest losing streak in UFC history?

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

03.07.2019 | 2:00 AM ET

Why do they keep sending BJ out there to put on depressing performances?

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

03.07.2019 | 8:58 AM ET

Because he dont want to retire and they can't cut him because Bellator will sign him...

"Never go down without a fight"

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,278  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

03.07.2019 | 10:44 AM ET

I think BJ Penn needs to be forced to retire for his own good.

* Edited at 03.07.2019, 12:39 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case