Topic: UFC 137

UFC 137 DISCUSSION

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

10.29.2011 | 2:33 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 455th

It may not be the UFC 137 you were expecting, but it's still UFC 137, dammit!

The next installment of the popular Ultimate Fighting Challenge comes to us live tonight from fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada, with a tantalizing main event between Nick Diaz and BJ Penn.

Things are scheduled to kick off first at 6:15pm eastern time (final time still unknown) for 4 prelims on Facebook.com/UFC.  Then at 8:00 eastern time you can catch a pair of excellent fights on Spike TV. Finally at 9:00pm eastern time, plunk down your hard earned dollars to watch the Pay Per View main card.

Your prediction results and leaderboard ranking will automatically show up in any posts made here. If you want to embed your full listing of picks you can do that also.   Your picks, as well as a link to embed the image, and the top of the site-wide leaderboard will all be available in the right column on this thread.

Enjoy the fights and good luck in your predictions! 

REMINDER: No requesting of or posting links to illegal streams of the Pay Per View broadcast.

REMINDER 2: as a courtesy to those not watching Bellator until later, please do not post spoilers in this thread.

* Edited at 10.29.2011, 5:18 PM ET *

"I live, I die, I live again."

UFC 137
  • Saturday 10.29.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: Spike TV
  • Name: UFC 137: Penn vs. Diaz
  • Also Known As: St. Pierre vs. Diaz
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Zuffa, LLC
  • Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $3,900,650
  • Attendance: 10,313 (Paid: 8,179)
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 280,000 | TV Ratings: 1.1M viewers (Spike Prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Nick Diaz   defeats   BJ Penn   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Cheick Kongo   defeats   Matt Mitrione   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Roy Nelson   defeats   Mirko Filipović   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:30 Round 3 of 3, 11:30 Total Bout Page
Scott Jorgensen   defeats   Jeff Curran   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Hatsu Hioki   defeats   George Roop   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Donald Cerrone   defeats   Dennis Siver   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bart Palaszewski   defeats   Tyson Griffin   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brandon Vera   defeats   Eliot Marshall   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ramsey Nijem   defeats   Danny Downes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Francis Carmont   defeats   Chris Camozzi   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Clifford Starks   defeats   Dustin Jacoby   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 42

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

10.30.2011 | 10:06 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 1077th

@bas.. No, You won't.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

10.30.2011 | 10:21 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 261st

Win or lose, I am a fan of Nick Diaz. I think he can beat GSP.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,057  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

10.30.2011 | 2:40 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 132nd

*** I hate Spike they always mess up everything.  I recorded the Prelims and it's some old UFC Unleashed episode.  They always do that they say it's one thing and it's a completely different thing.  What sucks is that those prelims were the KOTN and SOTN

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

10.30.2011 | 7:00 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 191st

I'm depressed about Penn's performance. We saw the guy who fought Edgar, not the BJ who fought Fitch and Hughes, definitely not the BJ that fought Florian and Sanchez. He looked unfocused and undertrained, and he was gassed out by the second round (he took down Fitch in rounds 1 and 2, but could not for his like take Diaz down in the second). Diaz' striking did impress me though. I still can't stand him, he's such a little kid. 

Kongo vs. Mitrione was exactly what I thought it would be, so everyone that voted me down when I said that fight wouldn't be exciting.... yeah. 

Speaking of great calls by me, I thought Downes would win. I was way wrong on that one. 

Cerrone's striking continues to impress me, and obviously I was way wrong when I said he isn't a good striker way back before his fight with Oliveira. I still don't think he's a future title contender though.  

Cro Cop was surprisingly competitive. What didn't surprise me was his (lack of a) chin, what did surprise me was his lack of a sprawl. He is old, yeah, but he's always had an amazing sprawl and I'm sure all the guys that haven't seen him in his prime think I'm an idiot for saying he had some of the best TDD in MMA before this fight.

Finally, Hioki. He didn't live up to the hype, but he did win a close decision in the US, which is something you never really see a Japanese guy do. I was thinking to myself that a precise striker would pick him apart, but who is more precise than Hominick, who Hioki has already schooled? I think Roop is just pretty good, and a fight with the Korean Zombie for Hatsu would certainly be an amazing fight on the ground. I don't think he's the guy to beat Aldo anymore, but he may adjust to the cage and the Americans and look as good here as he did in Japan.

"We Are All One"

DelRose
DelRose

10.30.2011 | 7:05 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 800th

@minotauro

Everything you've posted is 100% WRONG. BJ penn was clearly disappointed in his performance, which means he worked SO hard for that fight, you can see it. Why else would he retire? If the fight went 5 rounds like we were expecting, penn would have finished an at his best bj penn in the 4th by TKO.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

DelRose
DelRose

10.30.2011 | 7:06 PM ET

Diaz would have finished*

minotauro11
minotauro11

10.30.2011 | 7:12 PM ET

@delRose, everything I posted was wrong? Or just the first paragraph....

Penn was gassed in the second, I'm not making an excuse for him, he lost the fight, but he clearly wasn't in the same shape and he didn't have the same focus as he did in the Fitch fight. 

And since when does being disappointed with losing have anything to do with how well you trained? No one likes to lose.

"We Are All One"

DelRose
DelRose

10.30.2011 | 7:16 PM ET

@ minotauro11

In regards to your first. Alright, everyone has excuses for their favorite fighters, whatever, even if you don't wanna admit it :\

All I know is that, when my fighter loses, I display great disappointment, and just hope they can rebound.

minotauro11
minotauro11

10.30.2011 | 7:22 PM ET

Well on the contrary I'm not a big Penn fan. I don't know if he's in my top 50. That's just the way I saw the fight. If I were making an excuse I'd say something about the broken hand. 

"We Are All One"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

10.30.2011 | 7:26 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 261st

I just realized im very good at pickign the winners of alot of fights. But when it comes to how and when im pretty terrible

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

10.30.2011 | 7:28 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 903rd

Nick Diaz beating BJ Penn is completely different than beating GSP.  Their styles aren't even close to being similar.  GSP.  Down arrow the **** out of this post, I don't care.  It doesn't change the fact that Diaz doesn't stand a chance in hell against St. Pierre.  Styles make fights fellas, and this one goes to GSP hands down.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

minotauro11
minotauro11

10.30.2011 | 7:32 PM ET

I am in agreement with Lawman.

"We Are All One"

DelRose
DelRose

10.30.2011 | 7:33 PM ET

Thats what a lot of people said about diaz fighting bj penn, "no chance in hell" I guess its gonna have to take diaz beating the **** out of GSP in order to stop  the ignorant comments

Page 42

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’