Tapology Forums

Jon Jones failed VADA test

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

01.24.2019 | 3:08 PM ET

This **** is just getting ridiculous. This makes USADA look even worse. 

When was the sample taken for this test compared to when was the sample taken that he passed?  Weren't these just days apart?  This looks so bad. Like how dumb does the UFC think there fans are?  Dana making a big deal out of Jones passed test, ahahaha

* Edited at 01.24.2019, 3:12 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

01.24.2019 | 3:51 PM ET

I'm no fan of Jones and I'm not making excuses for him but it would have been worse if he didn't fail the VADA testing. The same metabolite was found that he failed for originally. It's a long term metabolite and the reading indicates that he hasn't ingested more of of it.

However, it is supposed to only be detectable for 30-50 days according to the literature, so y'know. 
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 8 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

01.24.2019 | 3:53 PM ET

@Franklin

Do you really think Dana is concerned about the fans?  Or maybe he, just like his Hollywood sleazebag business partner Ari Emmanuel, is more concerned with the corporate dollars?  At this point the UFC has stopped giving a damn about what we people here at the bottom think.  Which is why I implore us as MMA fans to do one of the following three things about the current state of the product:

A. Quit complaining and just deal with it

B. Stop watching the UFC

or, and this is the option I would suggest if you really want the UFC to change,

C. Get in the ear of the advertisers and tell them to pull support to force the UFC's hand.

At this point the only way you are going to get Dana to listen to us fans is to make the advertisers like Reebok, Modelo, Monster, T-Mobile, and etc understand that you are not okay with them financially backing a promotion like the UFC that ignores drug cheating scandals and unless they put pressure on Dana to fix it, you will stop supporting them.  That is the only way I see us MMA plebs ever getting the head brass of Endeavor to pull their collective heads out of their asses.  Or, you could just walk away from the UFC and just watch RIZIN. But hey, what do I know?

* Edited at 01.24.2019, 3:59 PM ET *

"..."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

01.24.2019 | 5:05 PM ET

If Jones and Novitzky claims that these constant failed tests are from the **** pill he took awhile back, then this should justify the original extended suspension of 2 years for a first failed offense. 

It's a long time to be suspended, but if this stuff lingers in your system for a prolonged period of time then they should be suspended for a prolonged period of time.  

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

01.24.2019 | 5:58 PM ET

That would constitute double jeopardy, which is a mechanism that I assume works in the US the way does here in Australia.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 8 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

01.24.2019 | 6:51 PM ET

The Vada and USADA tests showed the exact same thing, a few picograms of turinabol metabolites 33 to be exact. Also, he didn't fail either, he tested positive for metabolite which is still and may always be in his system, which isn't the same thing as failing. Both organizations, as well as the CSAC, have attributed it to a pulsing effect of the long term metabolite. If you don't know what a picogram is it is one one-trillionth of a gram or .001 nanograms which is close to nothing but just not quite nothing. 

There is no doubt, Jones, like many fighters, has used during his career. That being said none of the recent tests indicate he is currently using.  

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

01.24.2019 | 6:54 PM ET

@BigJ

So these picograms could go as far back as three to four years ago?

"..."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

01.24.2019 | 7:57 PM ET

From what I've read yes they can go as far back as 3 or 4 years. According to the scientists who do the testing trace amounts may remain in his system for the rest of his life.  

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

01.25.2019 | 12:12 AM ET

Shouldn't matter how much he has in his system. He's a cheater. He beats people so badly because he cheats.
As far as hornets political activist plan goes. I can only speak for myself when I say. UFC has got their hooks in me. With jon jones or without jon jones UFC is still top of the heap first show I wanna watch. I hope that changes and It will sooner or latter. But It Looks like later.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

01.25.2019 | 11:19 AM ET

I agree with Freemoney about the cheating part.

* Edited at 01.25.2019, 11:19 AM ET *

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

01.25.2019 | 11:28 AM ET

@BigJ

He did fail those tests, what your arguing is borderline semantics.   In order to be pulsing which is what there arguing with Jones, he would have had to take massive quantities of the drug with the desired result of it pulsing in your system.  So Jones excuse of tainted supplement is ******** and literally ****s on the argument of it pulsing in his system. Every single time he pops, should be treated as separate offences since the desired out come is for this to be happening.  However the fact that the VADA test came back positive but the fight night test came back negative actually suggest he micro dosing, as they where taken days apart, if he was actually pulsing, he would have failed both. So either USADA fight night test did not test for it, or he not pulsing and he micro dosing. 

Also people need to understand that USADA told Frank Mir it is impossible for it to have been in his system, for more then a few month. USADA stated this to Frank Mir, and stated that his excuse was impossible, siting that it does not stay in your system for more then a few months. Now there saying it in your system well over 14 months and into several years. They are literally contradicting what they said not more then a year earlier. Jones **** is such obvious lie, that I feel sorry for anyone who actually falling for this nonsense.  It is a clear money grab by the UFC who making it clear that if your a big draw they will move earth it self to allow you to fight and USADA will go along for the ride. 

* Edited at 01.25.2019, 11:32 AM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.25.2019 | 11:32 AM ET

Who  cares ? Jon Jones is God. He is the true embodiment of self actualized Alpha Male. You can't talk about God like that ? 
Take it back ! I said take it back ! Stop --'%#%@^& resisting!!!!

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

01.25.2019 | 11:34 AM ET

If you guys have a problem with Jon Jones because he is an alpha Male and the Greatest UFC champion of all time and banged all the others fighters  wives / gfs  backstage, take it over to ONE FC, ( ONE Championship ) you'll fit in over there. That's where all the loooooosers  who can't handle alpha males like Jon Jones go. Sheesh.  Y'all haters pathetic.

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

01.25.2019 | 11:36 AM ET

Sorry that didn't come out 100% I ******  love ONE man seriously that's my favourite league right now ha that and "Fight Club Den Haag" where everyone sits with leg crossed rule unless your ........   .........

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

01.25.2019 | 11:37 AM ET

*legs crossed

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

01.25.2019 | 11:37 AM ET

Yea he such an Alpha, that why he needs to take a bunch of PED's to fight  a man who 7 years older then him and out of his physical prime, while jones is in the prime of his life. What an Alpha he is, except you know when he fighting DC and does not have the confidence to beat him clean. Yea he the most Alpha of them all, being 31 year old on PEDs taking on 39 year old clean athlete. Such Alphaness can't be questioned. 

* Edited at 01.25.2019, 11:39 AM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

01.25.2019 | 11:50 AM ET

Exactly! Jones is a weak scared little boy.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

01.25.2019 | 1:44 PM ET

Well his momma is blind so its pretty obvious to me Jones dad started shooting up his 3 sons with every steroid imaginable. The fact that his brothers are in the NFL but still write with crayons proves my point. 3 mentally-challenged running around pretending to be men. Its ******* shameful. That whole family is a waste of life. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 1 day, 21 hours, and 51 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

01.25.2019 | 6:42 PM ET

Whoa! I flinched a little when I read that bro............just kidding I've said worse. 
Let's just all give him another chance just to see how long it takes him to pop dirty again or run over another pregnant lady and flee the scene in a failed getaway attempt. 
Jon"the last outlaw"Jones.

* Edited at 01.25.2019, 6:43 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

01.25.2019 | 7:32 PM ET

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

01.25.2019 | 7:50 PM ET

@massa

"..."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz targeted in new Rodney Petersen lawsuit for New Orleans street brawl, Diaz rep responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia badly misses weight for Devin Haney fight
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘3 pounds is nothing stop crying’: Ryan Garcia, pros react to Garcia missing weight for Devin Haney showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Half-Mexican’ Costa Is Not A ‘Dirty’ Brazilian!
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor says ‘door is open’ for move to MMA; Daniel Cormier tells him ‘stick to wrestling’
  • UFC.com : Steve Erceg Hopes To Open Some Eyes
  • UFC.com : Julian Erosa's Monumental March
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’
  • MMAFighting.com : Brendan Loughnane details ‘intense’ training sessions with Conor McGregor ahead of PFL return