Tapology Forums

Dillashaw says fight was 'stolen' from him, blames ref for early and unwarranted stoppage.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

01.20.2019 | 2:41 AM ET

To be fair I've watched the ending a couple of times now and he may have a point. I wouldn't have stopped it at the point it was topped,but it wasn't the most egregious early stoppage either. I dunno. What do you think?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/20/18189831/ufc-brooklyn-post-fight-press-conference-video

* Edited at 01.20.2019, 2:57 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 10 hours, and 24 minutes from now.

Responses

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.20.2019 | 8:44 AM ET

TJ  "the eternal boy" Manashaw  

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

01.20.2019 | 4:43 PM ET

It was a bit premature, but Dillashaw was clearly hurt and I doubt he would have lasted much longer, Cejudo was all over him.  I'm biased, though.  I find TJ to be a bit too ****y for my taste, so I enjoyed seeing him lose.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

01.20.2019 | 5:40 PM ET

It was early tj was scrambling the whole time and its a ****en champion vs champion main event ref should stay out of it as much as possible.

Tj was more rocked by cody in their first fight and he came back and won the fight.
**** stop by a **** ref. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

01.20.2019 | 6:02 PM ET

Yeah. I do think he deserved more of a chance to recover. I mean I could understand if it was HW where it's unbelievably dangerous  to let a fighter take too many but at flyweight...not so much. It did look bad, I mean he basically got rocked three strikes in a row. Cejudo says he felt him go limp but he would say that.

Anyway, it probably needs to happen again. I'd prefer it at 135.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 10 hours, and 24 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

01.20.2019 | 6:32 PM ET

Not the worst I’ve seen but I agree it was early. Not to discredit Cejudo. He’s improved leaps and bounds. He did everything he was supposed to do. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  51,912  |  75.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,337
  • Post Score: 168

01.20.2019 | 6:35 PM ET

I would rather have a referee stop a fight too early than too late.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

01.21.2019 | 4:32 AM ET

Spoken like a spectator not a fighter
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

01.21.2019 | 10:23 PM ET

@Freeman

Yes and whats your point? He is a spectator. He not pretending to be a fighter.  

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

01.21.2019 | 10:25 PM ET

For all those that think this was to early. I agree it was a bit early, but not a bad stoppage. It was not a good one, but I think it far from a robbery. TJ had already attempted to take Henry down and got effortless stuffed during the scrambles. There was zero chance he was taking Henry down and he was just going to eat more and more shots.  

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  51,912  |  75.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,337
  • Post Score: 168

01.21.2019 | 10:33 PM ET

I'm saying that even if I was the one fighting, I'd rather have the fight stopped early, than to take unnecessary damage.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

01.21.2019 | 11:15 PM ET

I'm saying I disagree with both of u. 
If I was in Tj's spot I'd prefer not to have the fight called just cause I'm dazed.
So what fighters get dazed all the time. Yes he could've got knocked out cold maybe but he also could've recovered and won like he did against cody and like many many others have done. 

Same thing happened in the Ferguson pettis match. imagine they stoped it early when tony went down and imediatlly caught a hammer fist from pettis. we would have been robbed of that amazing fight and comeback.

If the fighter still has the sense to scramble he is not out. If he turtles into to a position of submission then ok stop the fight.

As far as my spectator comment I only mean Tj or any fighter wants the option to go out on their shield.  
And they should have it. 
These ******* guys risk life and limb not to mention painful training camps away from loved ones.
Constant dieting. 
Just for a weak ref who didn't have the experience to be in there in the first place to take the fight from u cause he cant tell the difference between when it should be stopped and when u give the fighter a chance to recover. 

If he went limp or unconscious or stiff or moved into a position of submission ok.

If he's moving and fighting and even said I'm ok then no u cant stop that.

Or if its pointless and an unwinable situation like barbosa almost killing dan hooker ok in that situation u stop it and protect the fighter from themself.

It was a **** stop by an inexperienced ref. Or not experienced enough rather.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

01.22.2019 | 9:42 AM ET

I personally think your TJ nut hugger.  TJ was getting lit the **** up, he fell extremely awkwardly twice. Tony actively rolled and took far less punches from pettis. TJ attempted a single leg and got thrown off easily. He was in a terrible position with that second attempt. Henry is a gold medal wrestler, *** was TJ going to do there?  Take him down? Yea ******* right, TJ was going to get his head pounded through the canvas. Comparing that to Tony is just simply not accurate.  Tony actively was dodging shots, and has vicious guard.Tony also was beating Pettis ass badly and got caught, TJ was getting his ass kicked through that entire exchange. They are not comparable at all.  TJ was doing vastly worse then Tony before getting dropped, he looked far worse when he got dropped and his skill set did not match up well with the position he was in against the best ******* wrestler in MMA.  Personally think you are *****ing way to much over this, this was far from a robbery. 

* Edited at 01.22.2019, 9:48 AM ET *

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

01.22.2019 | 11:13 AM ET

Just to be sure I re watched the Tony drops. Even if we ignore the fact Tony was beating the **** out of Pettis, while TJ was just getting his ass kicked. Tony was actively defending himself and moving, he even went for a leg lock and was controlling Pettis arms. Tony was intelligently defending himself and very active.  TJ was just getting his ass kicked and desperately trying to grab a leg. Comparing the two as if they where remotely the same is intellectually dishonest.   

* Edited at 01.22.2019, 11:53 AM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

01.22.2019 | 1:57 PM ET

Well I haven't read your last two posts yet but since u already said u agree the fight was stopped early it doesn't make much sense that your arguing this. 
Why? Are u a tepid55 nuthugger as you say. 
Fyi I love good fights more then any one fighter. I dont like being robbed of them by stupid refs.
 And fyi if you ever faught a day in your life you would understand but you haven't so u don't. 

I said it was an early stop
You said u agree it was an early stop
Tj said it was an early stop
Dana white said it was an early stop.

Only fanboys like your bum chum tepid think it was a good stop.
It was garbage cejudo and his fake laugh should be ashamed of himself for being proud of such a ****** win.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

01.22.2019 | 2:02 PM ET

Grow up franklin. U say nuthugger in one sentence and intellectual in another. You agree it was stoped early two posts up and then you argue it was a good stop. What are u some kinda ******.
And I already said tj deserved the humble pie he got fed as do u. Eat up boy.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

01.22.2019 | 3:28 PM ET

Saying something was a bit early compare to whining and pretending he was some how robbed is another thing. Could it have gone a little longer, yes?  Just like somethings could be stopped a little sooner, does not make them bad stoppages. This is not a black and white sport. There is a lot of gray area. Your just a dumb ***********er who on TJ nuts so hard you can't rationally think. You also make stupid ass arguments, like comparing Tony vs Pettis to what happen with Henry and TJ when there not even remotely comparable. You have your head so far up TJ ass, you can;t think straight.

I laughed so hard at you of all people telling others to grow up, when you act like a little baby through out this thread.  You and TJ are made for eachother, your both delusional.

* Edited at 01.22.2019, 3:30 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

01.22.2019 | 4:02 PM ET

I'm not a Tj fan at all. I cheered against him both cody fights.
I could care less about the little snake. As I said humble pie and all.
I'm annoyed I didn't get to see a great fight because of a dumb inexperienced ref.

I also think ferg vs pettis is a great comparison. Ferg got dropped, 
and then caught from a hammer fist as he tried to roll.

Tj got droped and caught by a punch while trying to scramble.

And if I recall correctly your the one who called me names like a child.
So grow up.

P.s. imperatorfishrat is giving out free spelling and grammar lessons to tap members
If u plan on writing in forums u should look into it.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

01.22.2019 | 4:12 PM ET

I still think it was the cut that did it. There's no way in Hell Cejudo hits harder than Garbrandt. Forget about it. 9 of his 11 wins have been by KO/TKO. By contrast Cejudo has only 7 wins by KO/TKO from his 14 total wins, and he's a flyweight. And Garbrandt caught TJ clean.

Reality is, TJ was destroyed by the cut. We've seen it time and time again--fighters who cut too much weight get KTFO from shots they would easily absorb at their natural weight class. It's just a fact. At 135 he likely beats ten shades of **** out of Cejudo in a one-sided shellacking.

* Edited at 01.22.2019, 4:13 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

01.22.2019 | 4:23 PM ET

I thought u were lost when u said that b4 the fight but I now definitely think you were right.
He looked like a p.o.w no doubt.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

01.22.2019 | 4:23 PM ET

Cody must've loved watching that!

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • UFC.com : Julian Erosa's Monumental March
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’
  • MMAFighting.com : Brendan Loughnane details ‘intense’ training sessions with Conor McGregor ahead of PFL return
  • MMA Mania : UFC Trumps Boxing, Named MVP Of Combat Sports
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Weighs in on Herb Dean Controversy at UFC 300, Would ‘Love’ His Next Fight to Be Against Sean Strickland
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302's Sean Strickland on Paulo Costa: 'I'm going to make that dirty Brazilian bleed'
  • Bad Left Hook : Morrell moves to 175, Berlanga named WBA mandatory challenger for Canelo
  • Bad Left Hook : David Morrell Jr moves to 175, Edgar Berlanga named WBA mandatory challenger for Canelo Alvarez
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul responds to Ronda Rousey criticism: ‘I don’t think she’s a hater’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I see it being an early night’: Haney doesn’t expect Garcia to last the distance
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal proud to see fans bring Miami heat on Nate Diaz: 'He definitely felt it'
  • Middle Easy : Frustrated Ketlen Vieira Believes She is More ‘Deserving’ of a UFC Title Fight Than Kayla Harrison
  • MMA Mania : Chandler Reveals Plans For McGregor’s ‘Hurt Leg’
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter eats head kick after failing to exploit grounded fighter rule
  • MMA Junkie : Kyoji Horiguchi, Sergio Pettis to rematch at Rizin 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Sergio Pettis vs. Kyoji Horiguchi 2 announced for RIZIN 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Gegard Mousasi lashes out at PFL over lack of communication, refusal to book him since buying Bellator
  • MMA Junkie : PFL heads to Mohegan Sun, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls for second half of 2024 regular season