Topic: Top Light Heavies - 205 lbs.

Jones

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mcurry04
mcurry04
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: -500

01.02.2019 | 1:11 PM ET

Jones just demolished Gus (#1) and he's still only #3? Put that man where he belongs at #1

Responses

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

01.02.2019 | 1:16 PM ET

205 pound Khabib smesh jones 1 handed. 

205 pound TJ Thrillashaw KO's Jones 

205 Holloway retires Jones 

Hell Jones couldn't beat Cejudo 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 7 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

01.02.2019 | 1:35 PM ET

What are you basing any of that on? 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

01.02.2019 | 6:01 PM ET

That's how the P4P list is made up. If all these fighters were the same size and weight, who would win. Khabib, Cejudo, Holloway & Killashaw would all smoke Jon Jones. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 7 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

01.02.2019 | 6:42 PM ET

Bruce is right. P4P refers to who is the best overall, not who would beat who, or who has beaten who.it is predicated on who would beat who if you shrunk everyone in contention down to the same weight. If you didn't do it this way, you'd have a situation where someone like Junior Albini would be ranked higher than Max Holloway. Of course There's now way Max could even hurt Albini, but he's sure as **** a better fighter.

And I also agree that any of those guys Bruce mentioned would beat Jones if they were the same weight. Jones is intelligent, but a lot of why he's so good is that he's a physical freak of nature. LHW has been a puddle for a long time. Other than DC there really hasn't been another amazing fighter to challenge Jones, and Jones is just straight up very very hard for DC to overcome given his insane reach.

I think the person to beat Jones will be a bodyline fighter with excellent boxing/pocket striking, It's actually really obvious to me how to fight jones, and that's to fight him in side-stance. or in close.  I have no idea why everyone seems to want to fight him square at his optimal distance.... he'll just oblique the living ****/spinning elbow the **** out you. Jones couldn't punch his way out of a spiderweb, and his boxing sucks.Long arms are an advantage at range and a disadvantage in close. That's why DC was beating him in the phone booth.  I think Walker has a decent shot of beating Jones down the track. Big power in small spaces. That is assuming he doesn't get taken down.

* Edited at 01.02.2019, 7:04 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 17 hours, and 47 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

01.02.2019 | 7:25 PM ET

Thanks @Fish to beat Jones you gotta become a demon yourself. Show up to his house and yell nasty things for hours on end. Show up to his gym and harass him, slice his tires, make fun of his children etc. Threaten him. Egg his house, tear up his mail. 

Then when your locked in a cage with him, you gotta bite down on your mouthpiece and swing away. If you take a step back, you lose. 

Its really that simple. Hatred & pressure beats men like Jones. 
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

01.02.2019 | 7:32 PM ET

It’s cute that you guys think I was asking the meaning of p4p. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

01.02.2019 | 7:32 PM ET

Agreed. You've got to fight him; go after him. Every time he's looked vulnerable it's because his opponent has been trying to beat him up. Can't try and outpoint him, you'll lose 100% of the time.

* Edited at 01.02.2019, 7:33 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 17 hours, and 47 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

01.02.2019 | 7:35 PM ET

@Swain nah I get what you were saying. You mean that you think Jones should be ranked higher based on the criteria of P4P which you do understand. I disagree but I can see the case for it. I do genuinely believe that Jones isn't that much of a skilled MMA, he's just very wily, adaptive, and as I said before a physical freak.

There's nothing in his arsenal that basically every other MMA can't do. It's just that when you have arms longer than a Buick a spinning elbow or a superman punch becomes an entirely different deal.

* Edited at 01.02.2019, 7:37 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

01.02.2019 | 7:37 PM ET

well then you should know what I base my opinions off of @Swain......I watch every fight...EVER. Thats how I know things. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

01.02.2019 | 7:48 PM ET

I watched Cejudo outclass MM in a rematch using nothing but an inside leg-trip from clinch. If he beats TJ, he's the GOAT and P4P right now. 

I've seen TJ clown high-level fighters using every martial art available and when he beats Cejudo, Killashaw is P4P

Khabib could roll out of bed in the morning and pin Cael Sanderson in his prime. He'd have no problem exposing the weakness of longer limbs in grappling. Great for leverage but with length comes weak spots. 

If Jones was 145 pounds I see Holloway peppering his face with those incredible shots for 25 minutes with relative ease. 

It goes back to what Cruz kept muttering all weekend, some guys are really good at being the hammer, only some are good at being the nail. Vitor couldn't SUB a grandma with his TRT and almost caught Jones....

Pressure makes Diamonds. If you have a stove or even a microwave and some baking soda you can make a Jon Jones. Its called crack. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

01.02.2019 | 8:04 PM ET

TJ is a beast. You don't beat linker, Garbrandt twice, as well as assuncao unless you're  truly elite. But I couldn't give him P4P 1 ranking, even  for beating Cejudo. Pretty great ******* scalp, but he lost his belt to Cruz two years ago, which sucked because frankly I hate Cruz's monkey-strafing pitter-patter decision ******** style of fighting.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

01.03.2019 | 5:32 PM ET

Jon "steroids" jones is a pathetic joke. #1 on the p4p cheaters list.

* Edited at 01.03.2019, 5:34 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career