Topic: ONE Championship

ONE Championship: A New Era

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,812
  • Post Score: 47

12.19.2018 | 11:25 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
ONE Championship
  • Sunday 03.31.2019 at 02:30 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: Internet Stream
  • Promotion: ONE Championship
  • Ownership:
  • Venue: Ryogoku Kokugikan
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Mitch Chilson, Michael Schiavello
  • Ring Announcer: Dom Lau
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Mitch Chilson
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Kickboxing Bouts: 2
  • Muay Thai Bouts: 2
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Shinya Aoki   defeats   Eduard Folayang   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   2:34 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Jingnan Xiong   defeats   Angela Lee   via KO/TKO, Body Kicks and Punches   1:37 Round 5 of 5, 21:37 Total Bout Page
Aung La N Sang   defeats   Ken Hasegawa   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:41 Round 2 of 5, 9:41 Total Bout Page
Bibiano Fernandes   defeats   Kevin Belingon   via Disqualificaton, Elbows to Back of Head   1:21 Round 3 of 5, 11:21 Total Bout Page
Demetrious Johnson   defeats   Yuya Wakamatsu   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:40 Round 2 of 3, 7:40 Total Bout Page
Timofey Nastyukhin   defeats   Eddie Alvarez   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
(Kickboxing)   Yodsanklai Photirat  defeats  Andy Souwer via KO/TKO, Punch   0:51 Round 2 of 3, 3:51 Total Bout Page
Danny Kingad   defeats   Senzo Ikeda   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kairat Akhmetov   defeats   Reece McLaren   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
(Muay Thai)   Rodtang Jitmuangnon  defeats  Hakim Hamech via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
(Kickboxing)   Joseph Lasiri  defeats  Hiroki Akimoto via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Mei Yamaguchi   defeats   Ksenia Lachkova   via Submission, Armbar   3:18 Round 3 of 3, 13:18 Total Bout Page
Garry Tonon   defeats   Anthony Engelen   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:12 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
(Muay Thai)   Panicos Yusuf  defeats  Mohammed Bin Mahmoud via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Chang Min Yoon   defeats   Bala Shetty   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 5

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

04.01.2019 | 7:52 PM ET

I agree free. That’s a lot of weight. He lost to Nick Thompson in Bodog the 170 back in the day before going down and putting himself on the scope in Dream. 

fish, I agree as a diehard fan of his but I get it too. He got probably his last huge contract. Again, he’s at that age and mileage level. I know you’re not a fan of his but he’s beaten every league ps champ in his Prime (other than Pride but I’m counting Dream since they were bought out) when he avenged his Aoki and Chandler loss then won the UFC title. 

I see him changing his style to more conservative or tentative at times. 2xNCAA champ said it best when he said about his opponent wrestling not lose while he was wrestling to win. Most time the guy fighting to win, not to just not lose will win. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

04.02.2019 | 6:22 PM ET

Someone just posted this elsewhere but I thought you guys would get a kick outta it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvwtZ3wn1yI/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12sbn5d5xo9re

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

04.02.2019 | 8:49 PM ET

Eddies response

i agree with what he said and love that he took complete accountability 

“Hey guys, first and foremost congrats to Timofey in his victory. He is very deserving of everything that comes with victory and I wish him the best in the continued tournament.

Honestly speaking, how I fought my One Championship debut is not a reflection of my training my coaches, my team— it’s not even a reflection of my beliefs. I am sincerely disappointed and confused in my inability to not pull the trigger and my hesitancy on recent fight nights. It’s been quite confusing to figure out the past year or so.

Coach Mark [Henry] always stresses “Hesitancy is death” and it’s not something that is even in my character to do. In this particular fight, I waited too long for an opening and paid the ultimate price. The punch that hit me, instantly blinded me and split both eyelids in half. It felt like my eye exploded from the inside and the pain was instant.

From an outsider watching myself I should of have expected the result considering my actions. You have to punch, kick, takedown and pressure to win a fight. I waited . I simply waited too long for the correct timing and opening that never came.

Fighting continues to teach me life lessons [through] my victories and even more through tough defeats. Victory and defeat are by products of putting it on the line, they have been inescapable throughout my whole life. I hope to be judged on how I adjust and pivot from defeat and behave in victory rather than the result of a small moment in time.”

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?