Tapology Forums

Top 3 Best Picks for UFC on Fox 31

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

SpiderSilvaUFC
SpiderSilvaUFC
  • Predictions:  2,301  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 200

12.11.2018 | 3:17 PM ET

The odds on this card are mainly one sided for one fighter on literally every fight.  With all the fights being so heavily favored where are you looking to nab a couple of extra points come Saturday night?  Here's a look at 3 options I'm hoping puts me ahead of the pack.

1. Lee via 3 / SUB

Kevin Lee is on a completely different level than he was when these two first fought, and it looks like a lot of you all already know this with Lee currently at a pick rate of 77%.  If there's one aspect of Lee's game that always surprises me, is the guy's RNC, which Iaquinta has fallen to before. I like Lee to wear him down and getting a sub a some point.

2. Dan Hooker over Barboza

I think that Hooker is really coming into his own right now, and even though Barboza is much higher step up in competition, I like Hookers chances of sneaking something in to clip Barboza. At a pick rate of only 49%, this my friends is a live dog!

3. Meerschaert over Hermansson

Yes I am aware that Hermansson has a great shot of getting a win here, but I'm also aware that Meerschaet can also get a win here as well.  With a pick rate of only 30%, this pick will be my dark horse one for the card. 

But hey, Im interested to hear where you guys are finding some wiggle room on this tight tight card. Let me know your sleeper pick for the night! My picks are locked, don't worry I wont steal anyone's great ideas!

"In this world you either Crank That Soulja Boy, or it cranks you."

Responses

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

12.12.2018 | 2:29 PM ET

R u kidding me? Lee had al's back for about three minutes in round 2 of the first fight and tried and failed a rear naked choke two or three times. ****en guy didn't even know to switch to an s grip or gable grip.
The best part of Lee's game is his big ****en mouth. 
Raging al wins that **** just like the first time. No offense intended.
The hooker al parlay sounds good to me. But *** who knows.

* Edited at 12.12.2018, 2:32 PM ET *

SpiderSilvaUFC
SpiderSilvaUFC
  • Predictions:  2,301  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 200

12.13.2018 | 4:19 PM ET

Kevin is a completely different fighter though.  The guy doesn't even need the neck to finish anymore via Michael Chieasa (which I believe was an S grip.)  But hey. maybe that's why not a lot of people are picking to win by submission!  We'll see come Saturday.

Thanks for the input and best of luck come fight night!

"In this world you either Crank That Soulja Boy, or it cranks you."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.14.2018 | 3:21 AM ET

And yeah he is definitely a much better fighter now (lee)
The first fight was Lee's ufc debut fight so the big show lights may have been a factor. 
I think his best attribute In the cage is his natural strength and speed.
But lee always looks stiff as a board. I think the other lee andrea is the lock pick of the night.
Two more days till we find out. The waiting is the hardest part. Good luck
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.14.2018 | 8:15 AM ET

I'm taking Lee. I'm a raging al fan but I think Lee is better on balance. He fought Tony with Staph and put on a decent fight before getting snatched up.Al's TD is good. His striking is solid, probably better overall than Lee's ( which isn't as ****** as people claim it's just not standout, but he does hit hard). Will be rooting for iaquinta though. He needs to get away from Serra and Longo. They are both **** at what they do and if you need proof of that their flagship fighter is Weidman, who has effectively been ruined by them because they have tunnel vision. All they understand is wrestleboxing which hasn't been enough for years now. Ask Rashad Evans.

* Edited at 12.14.2018, 8:20 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.14.2018 | 12:37 PM ET

Lee has good boxing no doubt about it. But u fail to c lee also uses wrestle boxing style.  
Minus the leg kicks. Lee almost quit after the second round and got caught with very few leg kicks.
If al's coaches are good they will have watched it back and seen that. Lots of leg kicks and no more offensive ju-jitsu is a recipe for a win. Even though that first attempt to go from standing into a kneebar almost worked it always ended with al in bad position. Lee is slick at taking the back. And he has had four years to work on his rear naked choke. He shoulda had al in the first one. Twice! 

* Edited at 12.14.2018, 12:39 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : LIVE! Chicago Highlights, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia chugs beer after badly missing weight, chaos overtakes final Devin Haney faceoff
  • MMA Mania : Mega Prospect Ready For UFC Call Up
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad fueled by Leon Edwards title fight delay, things getting personal: 'I hate his guts'
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Alex Perez Details Why Steve Erceg Got UFC Title Shot Over Muhammad Mokaev
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Chugs A Beer, Stares Down Fired-Up Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Terence Crawford to face Israil Madrimov for WBA title at 154
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: 2024 PFL 3 ceremonial weigh-ins, fighter faceoffs
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL newcomer Goiti Yamauchi inspired by Ronaldo in recovery from gruesome knee injury
  • MMA Junkie : MMA promotion adds bonus inspired by Max Holloway's UFC 300 knockout, and it's pretty wild
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!