Tapology Forums

Weidman is now 1-4 from his last 5, and all of those losses have been KO/TKO's. What's next?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

11.06.2018 | 1:01 AM ET

I've been giving this some thought, and I think if the opportunity knocks, he should go to Bellator. It's the right place for him at this stage of his career, especially given that he's not getting the belt back. There's some good fights for him over there, especially a mousasi rematch, and a rory mac fight. I feel like if he stays in the UFC he's going to get fed to Adesanya, Costa etc. Both would KO him at this point I believe.

What do you think? 
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 23 hours, and 37 minutes from now.

Responses

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

11.06.2018 | 5:13 AM ET

* Edited at 11.06.2018, 7:23 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

11.06.2018 | 5:14 AM ET

* Edited at 11.06.2018, 7:24 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

11.06.2018 | 5:16 AM ET

* Edited at 11.06.2018, 7:24 AM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

11.06.2018 | 5:19 AM ET

* Edited at 11.06.2018, 7:25 AM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

11.06.2018 | 5:25 AM ET

* Edited at 11.06.2018, 7:25 AM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

11.06.2018 | 8:43 AM ET

His chin is toast. Try Bellator or maybe to go up to 205..maybe retire. He’s taken some serious damage in his short career. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

11.06.2018 | 11:01 AM ET

I don't disagree that he's taken a lot of damage. And he, like every fighter, should consider the long term effects that this will have on him and when he should end his career.

That said, this particular finish against Jacare was one of those top/side of the head blows.  Just like JDS vs Velasquez 1 I think, and Serra vs GSP 1.  Point being, I don't think this finish speaks to where his chin is.

"I live, I die, I live again."

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

11.06.2018 | 12:15 PM ET

In every one of those fights that chris lost, he was winning at some point. Luke was fading and chris's body kicks were adding up until his spin kick. I had the romero fight 1-1 on the scorecard and chris was holding his own in all areas. He won the 1st against gegard and was doing well. And i had him up 2-0 in this last loss. Hes still competitive with the elite and if anything it shows how narrow the margin for error is at this level of fighting.

"Where are my shoes?"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

11.06.2018 | 12:26 PM ET

I don't think his chin is shot. He just took some massive ones from Jacare and Yoel that would have put anyone down. Then the Gegard fight you can't look into much. He basically gave that fight away fishing for a DQ. 

I don't think he really needs to go to Bellator or move weight classes either. He's been very competitive despite the losses. 
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

11.06.2018 | 12:34 PM ET

I aint heard no bell 
Get up Chris ! get up ya bum!
IAQUINTAAAAAAAAAA Your my my robin and Matt is our Bat car we now shall go to our bat lair for New York guys only ! who drink beer with their Lasagne and many side dishes ( pasta ragu, paninis and the likes , crispy fries) - only! 

no seriously tho i will always be fond of everybody hates Chris Weidman and his Dad because he won me too spicy hot bets in his fights against The Chosen Spider,
but if there was ever an MMA combatant i would like to see call it a career it would be Chris. to me , ever since he lost that fight to sexy Laguna beach model , the ground and pound one, he has just seems off to me... discombobulated, hurt........(maybe im wrong i heard settling down/becoming a Dad can slow one down..) but we know how real brain trauma is in this sport and mileage is very real and detremental to health and wellness. he has been up the block and back, won some epic fights and im just not sure if everybody hates Chris Weidman and his Dad is willing to chow down on the copius amounts of Psilocybin and tumeric necessary to replenish and potentially regenerate all those hurt and lost brain cells ( get ready for the trip)

although the movement of sprinting (max acceleration) on land (foot), water (swim) or machine (bike, cardio machine) is also proven to help boost brain cell rejuvination. but its easy for me to say here i guess...... i dunno throw a dog  a bone Dana! go on! throw it!...... .......... ......... ......... just throw the gosh darn bone ! and what not.... Feed Chris Theodoodoo!

* Edited at 11.06.2018, 12:40 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

11.06.2018 | 12:42 PM ET

there! homework finito! now to get that Pizza italiano and chunky fries... but not before an oreo flake ice cream .. mmmmmm ...... Homer

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

11.06.2018 | 12:53 PM ET

Chris and his Dad will ALWAYS be the eternal sheeple's Chemp. cut him some slack and get Chris to RIZIN! get some of that Team Alpha Midget juice and never forget, America comes 1st! we will always love you Chris! you took out the Chosen Spider! and won me like... 2 grand or something!. ... twice! you are God to me! Walk with Christ  👊

if ONE FC can sign Chris and set up a super fight with Chris and his Dad vs DJ i will literally suck off my dog on video

* Edited at 11.06.2018, 12:58 PM ET *

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

11.06.2018 | 1:02 PM ET

a fight againts some one who is not in the top 10...

Weidman is still a trop 10 at MW or at least a top 15.

If he still want to be in why not?

"Never go down without a fight"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.06.2018 | 3:06 PM ET

Yeah weidman aint going anywhere at least untill his contract is up. 
Anyone Know how many fights he has left? He's still elite he's just had some badluck
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

11.06.2018 | 4:45 PM ET

I think you’re all outta your mind if you don’t think the past fights have taken a toll on the longevity of his career and chin. He may be able to recover but 4 KO losses in 5 fights and was rocked in the odd one out isn’t the best sign. Yes I do agree, some of those shots do put the large majority of fighters out, however. What’s he 34-35 yrs old...idk. Time to think about that sorta thing, IMO. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.06.2018 | 6:48 PM ET

Well, yeah. This what I mean. Anyway you slice it, 4 KO/TKO's from 5 fights is what it is. Now, you can make exceptions and excuses, but the reality is he's taken some hellacious damage, and chins don't improve with age and knockouts. And Jacare and Romero aren't going anywhere (probably) which is to say nothing of the monsters on the rise like Adesanya and Costa. Even if he did somehow get to the belt, Whittaker would straight up murder him.

I just don't see anything good for him at MW in the UFC.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 23 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

11.06.2018 | 7:01 PM ET

sorry for losing it writing big abstract weird/offensive comments guys honestly  i have some mental and emotional issues and should probably lay off the internet for while and get some more therapy(or whatever) im actually a proper deadbeat loser in real life .. sorry about that

* Edited at 11.06.2018, 7:05 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.06.2018 | 7:06 PM ET

You're cool wasteland. Keep posting!
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

11.06.2018 | 7:09 PM ET

i was literally talking such bs there who the hell am i to talk about Chris Weidman the guy almost died in the cage and still goes honestly i apologize for all the stupid weird things i was saying there i am literally no one to be talking like that i deserve a good beatings myself like the one Chris got off playboy or the one Rory got off crazy horse sorry bout that

* Edited at 11.06.2018, 7:09 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.06.2018 | 7:16 PM ET

Hey man you're a character, and wouldn't the world be a boring place if we didn't have any of those?

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’