Topic: UFC on ESPN 2

UFC on ESPN 2: Barboza vs. Gaethje

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,006
  • Post Score: 47

11.03.2018 | 11:39 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ESPN 2
  • Saturday 03.30.2019 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Wells Fargo Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Jon Anik | Backstage: Megan Olivi
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,102,542.16
  • Attendance: 11,123
  • TV Ratings: 828,000 avg. viewers (480k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Justin Gaethje   defeats   Edson Barboza   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   2:30 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Jack Hermansson   defeats   David Branch   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   0:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Josh Emmett   defeats   Michael Johnson   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   4:14 Round 3 of 3, 14:14 Total Bout Page
Michelle Waterson-Gomez   defeats   Karolina Kowalkiewicz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paul Craig   defeats   Kennedy Nzechukwu   via Submission, Triangle Choke   4:20 Round 3 of 3, 14:20 Total Bout Page
Sodiq Yusuff   defeats   Sheymon Moraes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marina Rodriguez   defeats   Jessica Aguilar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Des Green   defeats   Ross Pearson   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound Against Fence   2:52 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kevin Aguilar   defeats   Enrique Barzola   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kevin Holland   defeats   Gerald Meerschaert   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Casey Kenney   defeats   Ray Borg   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Maryna Moroz   defeats   Sabina Mazo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Perez   defeats   Mark De La Rosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 3

ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,102  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

03.29.2019 | 12:38 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1416th

I wouldn't be mad if they cut Borg with a loss here. They could have very easily cut him since he is a flyweight coming off a loss.Instead they gave him a chance to move up and he still misses weight. Not only that but he doesn't take the extra two hours to cut one pound. Really bad look for him and hard to defend.

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

03.29.2019 | 12:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1293rd

Barboza vs. Gaethje
Edson Barboza, TKO, R3
i guess i feel like barboza has the right tools to slow justin down. leg kicks to attack mobility, body kicks to hit the gas tank and lower the hands, and high kicks to keep him honest. all that said, justin has the power and aggression to put anyone out if they give him the chance so i won't be surprised if the muay thai fight turns into a brawl with edson's chin giving out.

Branch vs. Hermansson
David Branch, SUB, R2
i get that branch is pretty similar to leites, seems like the oddsmakers are betting against david's chin. he's still a big step up for jack.

Emmett vs. Johnson
Michael Johnson, DEC
mj has always had issues with aggressive wrestlers so i'm expecting emmett to come in and try to grind. however, i'm expecting his early attempts to fail and for him to fall back on swinging for the fences, and that kinda fight is gonna lead to him getting pieced up by mj's fast jab.

Waterson vs. Kowalkiewicz
Karolina Kowalkiewicz, DEC
if waterson can get her down and keep her there, she has an opportunity to finish, but otherwise it seems like she's gonna get danced around.

Craig vs. Nzechukwu
Kennedy Nzechukwu, TKO, R2
kennedy's competition has been pretty bad overall, but paul craig's game is so dependent on his opponent making a mistake that i feel like he has a chance. doesn't mean i'm picking him though.

Moraes vs. Yusuff
Sheymon Moraes, TKO, R2
you guys must know something i don't because i see moraes as a terrible matchup for one-dimensional fighters like yusuff. don't let his lack of submissions fool you, sheymon can hang.

Aguilar vs. Rodriguez
Marina Rodriguez, DEC
gonna be a lot of decisions if my picks are right, and this one will be no different. i don't think marina is gonna finish jag with strikes and it'd be dumb to give her a chance by going to the ground.

Pearson vs. Green
Des Green, DEC
avoid big hooks and the td should be available. crowd probably boos.

Aguilar vs. Barzola
Kevin Aguilar, DEC
i really like aguilar at + odds. he has great cardio and shows a lot of heart. barzola has been winning, but against low-end ufc competition.

Holland vs. Meerschaert
Kevin Holland, TKO, R2
holland definitely seems like the "A" side of this fight and he should find victory if he can avoid getting taken down. i like picking gerald because he's a fun fighter, just feel like he's too inconsistent.

Borg vs. Kenney
Ray Borg, DEC
a lot of time away for borg plus other turbulence/stress outside the cage, but still feel like he should be able to beat a regional champ. granted i don't know anything about kenney.

Moroz vs. Mazo
Maryna Moroz, DEC
people are really high on mazo, huh? or is everyone just done putting any expectations on moroz? i'll go with the ufc vet.

Perez vs. De La Rosa
Alex Perez, DEC
mark just sc****d by joby so i have to agree with oddsmakers. could be bad news for perez if he gets his back taken though.

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.29.2019 | 12:52 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1638th

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, and 16 minutes from now.
desantzheka
desantzheka
  • Predictions:  3,938  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

03.29.2019 | 1:25 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 1575th

Perez vs. De La Rosa
Alex Perez, DEC
I'm not surprised ************s

mattimous
mattimous
  • Predictions:  13  |  53.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 300

03.29.2019 | 3:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 2022nd

Michelle Waterson, SUB, R3
Karate Hottie by way of RNC in the third!

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

03.29.2019 | 5:27 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 816th

Hard not think Emmet will be the same after the massive facial injuries he just came back from.
Johnson by tko rd.1
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

03.29.2019 | 6:16 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 1575th

Who does Borg think he is, Johny Hendricks?

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117

03.29.2019 | 6:36 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 899th

Aguilar vs. Barzola
Enrique Barzola, DEC
Gotta go with the Peruvian Khabib! Expect takedowns lots and lots of takedowns!!!

Borg vs. Kenney
Casey Kenney, DEC
Kenney fought last weekend! He won the LFA Interim Bantamweight Title to go with his Interim Flyweight title. Making him LFA 1st champ champ and the only ever Interim champ champ I've ever seen! Borg is really undersized at 135. Wait a minute I've just noticed Borg missed weight! ***! Guy moves up from Flyweight and misses weight I was tempted to go with the underdog here and due to my pet hate of fighters who miss weight I'm definitely taking Kenney to get the win

Moroz vs. Mazo
Sabina Mazo, TKO, R2
I have been watching Mazo ever since she headkick KO'd a couple fools in LFA. Here's hoping she headkicks another fool!

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,442  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

03.29.2019 | 7:01 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 753rd

Barboza vs. Gaethje
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R3
I ****-king love Justin Gaethje (#No****) But for the love of God, would you please use that ************* wrestling that NOBODY knows you even possess. Next, it really is a great fight. Barboza very well could have the best kicks in the game, worldwide...... But how do u shut it down?? Pressure. aka Justin Gaethje. That's one of his best skills. to push forward, often taking a severe beating, just to give A MORE SEVERE BEATING... I'll admit, I'm taking this pick with my heart, not so much my head... Gaethje in 3.

Branch vs. Hermansson
David Branch, DEC
David Branch is one of those guys, that just bugs me. In WSOF, when he was Champ-Champ, he absolutely killed everyone. Looked like he have nooo problem competing with UFC caliber guys. Then he just goes up & down, up & down. Nooo consistency. And the frickin Luke ****hold fight. He shoulda won that fight too. And he just couldn't close the show.

Emmett vs. Johnson
Michael Johnson, DEC
I'd like to see Lamas vs Emmett 2... I think that 1st was a fluke and Emmett never deserved to be ranked higher than #15. We'll see I guess, if I eat my words again...

Craig vs. Nzechukwu
Kennedy Nzechukwu, TKO, R1
Ken Nzechukwu has an outstanding frame for 205lbs... I can think of one person who's similar to his 6'5" height, with 83" Reach........... Jonny Bones Jones. I'm not getting ahead of myself, but he's someone to keep your eye on.

Moraes vs. Yusuff
Sodiq Yusuff, TKO, R2
This is the fight I've been thinking non stop about since it was announced. This fight's gonna be ******* bonkers. Already a pre candidate for fight of the nite

Pearson vs. Green
Des Green, DEC
HOLY ****-KING ****BALLS! I fully expected Des Green to be a favorite.... But nowhere even close to being a -400 favorite! Wooow.

Aguilar vs. Barzola
Kevin Aguilar, DEC
This is my other pick for Fight Of The Night. Both these guys love a good old fashioned barnburner of a brawl. This fight isn't the time for your potty break boys...

Borg vs. Kenney
Ray Borg, DEC
Are you kidding me? Ray Borg missed weight Again!? EVEN AT BANTAMWEIGHT he still ******* misses weight... that's ridiculous bro. That's like the 90th time you've missed weight. I thought moving up to 135lb was gonna fix those problems.. C'mon man.

Moroz vs. Mazo
Sabina Mazo, DEC
This is a great debut opponent for Sabina Mazo... She's definitely cracked my radar with that brutal head kick KO when she was LFA champ... Fun Addition for the Women in the UFC.

Perez vs. De La Rosa
Alex Perez, DEC
This is also a goood opponent for Perez to right the ship... I have no real concerns for him against Montana Stewart's hubby... Coz his wife's ground game is more dangerous than his...

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

Messorem04
Messorem04
  • Predictions:  2,281  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 417

03.29.2019 | 7:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 912th

Barboza vs. Gaethje
Edson Barboza, TKO, R3
If you take a shot every time a leg kick is gonna land in this fight you're probably gonna die of alcohol poisoning.

"Hahahahahahahaha How The **** Is Jiu-Jitsu Real Hahahaha Just Stand Up Like Don't Get Submitted Haha." -- Derrick Lewis

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117

03.29.2019 | 8:05 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 899th

Barboza vs. Gaethje
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R3
I love me some Gaethje VIOLENCE! Easily in the top 5 most exciting fighters in the world. Up against the best kicker in the UFC. How can this fight be anything but a BANGER!?!?!

Emmett vs. Johnson
Michael Johnson, DEC
I don't know what it is about him but something about Emmett pisses me off! I think it's because he missed weight KO'd Lamas then acted as he was a contender. Stephens quickly ended that by literally breaking his face! Johnson should easily outpoint him, maybe an early KO due to the speed and accuracy

Craig vs. Nzechukwu
Paul Craig, SUB, R2
Gotta go with my fellow Scot here. Avoids the striking exchange takes him down and chokes him out! GET IT UP YE YA BASS!

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

OlexeiTolchev
OlexeiTolchev
  • Predictions:  6,280  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 318

03.29.2019 | 10:54 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 706th

Barboza 

* Edited at 03.29.2019, 10:58 PM ET *

"Winter is Coming."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

03.29.2019 | 11:29 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 816th

Boom! Roasted!
Gunnar
Gunnar
  • Predictions:  2,576  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  172
  • Post Score: 66

03.30.2019 | 12:04 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 9 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 1977th

Perez vs. De La Rosa
Mark De La Rosa, TKO, R1
This will be a banger. If DLR doesn't decide to back up and run, this will be a sleeper fight on the card. Perez will give DLR the fight he wanted from Joby. DLR hits pretty darn hard, I know he's a sub guy, but i'm just feeling a good ol' let me bang bro, and Perez gets caught flat footed and DLR pounces on the finish. Front choke I guess is probable, but im going with spam TKO.

golfy77
golfy77
  • Predictions:  1,488  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: 155

03.30.2019 | 12:14 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 736th

Sabina Mazo will probably beat Moroz, because the latter is notoriously gun shy. 

But, surprisingly for the amount of hype Sabina has, I can't find many of her footage, aside from her Jamie Thornton fight. In that fight, she was constantly eating low kicks, despite her opponent throwing them naked and without set up. I really can't tell how good she is, until I see her fight someone who doesn't overextend on every strike they throw. 

I know she has three more fights since then - against Linsey Williams, Shannon Sinn, and Carol Yariwaki - but I can't find footage of her fighting those people. So, the only impression I get from her so far is that she has looked impressive against people who leaves so many openings on the feet.
Krasnykark
Krasnykark

03.30.2019 | 3:48 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 832nd

Barboza vs. Gaethje
Edson Barboza, TKO, R2
Whatever will happen, I won't be surprised.

Branch vs. Hermansson
Jack Hermansson, TKO, R2
Maybe Branch 1st by SUB or TKO.

Michelle Waterson, SUB, R2
Karolina is on the way out.

nordo
nordo
  • Predictions:  19,360  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  137
  • Post Score: 74

03.30.2019 | 9:10 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1343rd

Moraes vs. Yusuff
Sheymon Moraes, TKO, R1
Just a reminder that Loyd Irvin is a ******.

"too slwo"

DonaldTrump
DonaldTrump
  • Predictions:  3,628  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

03.30.2019 | 12:03 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 54th

Perez vs. De La Rosa
Alex Perez, SUB, R2
Koo

"grab them by the *****"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

03.30.2019 | 12:39 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 706th

Haha holy **** I was ********d last night. Almost slept through an event I’m going to. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

03.30.2019 | 3:04 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 551st

Barboza vs. Gaethje
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R3
This may be the most awesome split in picking history, Gaethje 49% w/ 89% by KO, Barboza 51% w/ 88% by KO!

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’