Topic: UFC on ESPN+ 3

UFC on ESPN+ 3: Błachowicz vs. Santos

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,824
  • Post Score: 47

11.03.2018 | 11:35 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ESPN+ 3
  • Saturday 02.23.2019 at 02:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+ | Prelims: ESPN 2
  • Name: UFC on ESPN+ 3: Błachowicz vs. Santos
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Prague
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: O2 Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Dan Hardy
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Dan Hardy | Backstage: Heidi Androl
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,606,176
  • Attendance: 16,583
  • TV Ratings: 271,000 avg. viewers (ESPN 2 prelims)
  • Matchmaker: Mick Maynard, Sean Shelby
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Thiago Santos   defeats   Jan Błachowicz   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:39 Round 3 of 5, 10:39 Total Bout Page
Stefan Struve   defeats   Marcos Rogério de Lima   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   2:21 Round 2 of 3, 7:21 Total Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Gian Villante   via KO/TKO, Punch to Body   1:34 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Liz Carmouche   defeats   Lucie Pudilová   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Petr Yan   defeats   John Dodson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   defeats   Klidson Abreu   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dwight Grant   defeats   Carlo Pedersoli   via KO/TKO, Punch   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chris Fishgold   defeats   Daniel Teymur   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:10 Round 2 of 3, 6:10 Total Bout Page
Gillian Robertson   defeats   Veronica Hardy   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:27 Round 2 of 3, 8:27 Total Bout Page
Damir Hadžović   defeats   Polo Reyes   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:03 Round 2 of 3, 7:03 Total Bout Page
Ismail Naurdiev   defeats   Michel Prazeres   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Diego Ferreira   defeats   Rustam Khabilov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Damir Ismagulov   defeats   Joel Alvarez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

2018.11.27 11:49 AM ET

bout announced

Magomed Ankalaev vs. Darko Stošić at 205 lbs (93.0 kg)
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.27.2018 | 2:12 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 855 Points   |   Tied for 1st with 2 others

What a pathetic match-up. I've said it before and i'll keep saying it, Sean Shelby barely deserves to be bagging my groceries, let alone matching fights for the UFC.

Dude is a clueless shmuck that needs to be stopped. This is absolutely pathetic. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.27.2018 | 6:43 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 855 Points   |   Tied for 1st with 2 others

I like how most users on here disagree whereas twitter there isn't a single Sean Shelby fan. Along with NOBODY supporting this piss-poor match-up. 

I know you butthurt casuals can't stand me, but stop letting that cloud your judgement. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

11.27.2018 | 6:48 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 715 Points   |   Tied for 83rd

@Bruce I've got to say, I'm confused as to why you hate this bout so much. It should be a good fight. I think stosic is too much for him though.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 10 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.27.2018 | 6:59 PM ET

LHW is the thinnest division in prize-fighting history...theres what 17 fighters? So you match up the 2 top prospects? Why? Why!?!?!? 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.27.2018 | 7:03 PM ET

How is Shogun still in the UFC? Feed him to those monsters. 

Latifi still in the UFC? Why? How? Feed him to those monsters. 

Corey Anderson and his paper-cup chin in the top 10? ahahahahh FEED him to those monsters. 

Lil Nog still in the UFC? LOL 

Glover, Gian, Jan Blach. 

Roundtree vs Walker shouldn't have happened for another couple years. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

11.27.2018 | 7:23 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 715 Points   |   Tied for 83rd

Well I agree that LHW isn't great because it is gentrified, but there's some up and comers that just haven't hit the big time yet. You've got Cutelaba, Walker, Reyes, Pedro for example.  But you've also got guys like Sam Alvey who is a steaming pile of **** ( downvote me for saying it, it will still remain true) and Villante. and how in the name of merciful baby jeebus patrick Cummins is ranked higher than Cutelaba and Walker is beyond me. What I do know is that it's a sort of crime.

I dunno. I guess LHW will get more shine once Jones returns. As it stands Gustavson is the biggest name in the division unless DC returns, and I doubt he will.

When it comes to Rua my guess is that they are getting their pound of flesh. He's a big name in Brazil and with older fans who will still tune in to watch him. It's sad to see him getting fed like a raw chicken from a bucket to guys like Pedro though.

* Edited at 11.27.2018, 7:29 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 10 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.27.2018 | 7:29 PM ET

Thats my point exactly...you just named the future of the division. Its 4-5 guys who are already getting match-up against each other so the UFC can milk these old washed up fruitcakes like Jones, Alex the Failure and DC. All 3 past their prime. Jones isn't the future anymore, he's the past. The current champ is almost 50 years old. Its absolutely pathetic. Alex isn't very good, never really was. 

Stosic, Walker Jr, Roundtree, Cutelaba & Ankalaev are the future. But if we let that worthless POS Shelby maintain control, Jones vs Alex Gusfat 7 will be headlining UFC 300. 

Mick & Sean are legit cancer to the UFC. A parasite. Offering NOTHING in exchange for depleting the nutrients from its host. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

11.27.2018 | 7:32 PM ET

Shogun might draw big crowds back in Japan...Brazils fan base has even moved on. Look how popular Johny Walker is now, they dont care about Shogun and the past. Life is about moving forward. 

By the time ZaBeast is Champ they'll be a couple dozen just like him ready. This is Prize-Fighting. Just like the jungle, just like Conor said back in the day. You're a gorilla today, but tomorrow the new breed will roll in and decapitate you. 

Thats life. 
CarteLL
CarteLL
  • Predictions:  12,119  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,552
  • Post Score: 263

12.01.2018 | 6:24 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1175th

Oh no. UFC for the first time in my hometown and what we've got so far is a bunch of Russians. 
We got some dudes capable of being a UFC fighters too, you know.. 
Damn it, I really hope that all of the rumoured fights ain't happening because I can't see myself to pay to watch some Chechen card. 
I have nothing against Russian fighters but that's simply not what I want to see in person.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

12.03.2018 | 6:05 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 559th

Sure sounds like u have something against russian fighters. No offense suki.
CarteLL
CarteLL

12.06.2018 | 6:16 AM ET

I don't, really. Just don't want this event to turn into another UFC Moscow. UFC should give a chance to local fighters which there's plenty of. If I say local, it doesn't mean Russian. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

12.06.2018 | 10:44 AM ET

UFC Moscow had a bunch of hometown guys lmfao. Nah you got something against Russians.. Why? Because they maul Brazilians on a daily basis? 
CarteLL
CarteLL

12.06.2018 | 1:57 PM ET

Bruh. That's what I want to tell you. I want to see local fighters just like UFC Moscow had. I'm Czech, not a Russian. We DO NOT consider Russians as a local people. Czech Republic is ******* Central Europe, Russia is Eastern Europe = different world. Don't get me wrong, I'll be there no matter what but I want to have some fighters to cheer for.. I'm not asking that much, don't you think?

* Edited at 12.06.2018, 2:03 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

12.06.2018 | 2:08 PM ET

Nope you're not asking for much, I misunderstood your statement thats my bad.  

Any prospects in particular you think deserve a shot? Patric Kincl maybe. Resign Karlos Vemola. I'm big on Ludovit Klein myself, that kid is damn good. Attila Vegh would be cool 

* Edited at 12.06.2018, 2:09 PM ET *

CarteLL
CarteLL

12.06.2018 | 6:57 PM ET

So far it looks like the worst timing for Czech/Slovak MMA. Most of the best local fighters have either lost pretty recently (there are basically no new signings after a loss), their medical condition is not the best or they are tied up by contract in another organization.

Vemola is the one who wants to fight there the most. He's somewhat obsessed with his desire to get back. I actually don't see any significant progress since his UFC days therefore his one and only wrestling style has been overcome a long time ago. He's simply not very fun to look at.

Another fighter and arguably the best Czech or Slovak fighter nowadays, Prochazka, doesn't want to break the contract with Rizin. Rizin would let him to fight once in Prague and that's it. UFC wants him to sign a multi-fight contract though and that's obviously not gonna happen.

Kincl has recently moved to middleweight from his natural welterweight and a fight in the UFC is too early for him. Not to mention his loss to Vemola in june. Personally I don't think he has any kind of bussiness in middleweight.. I see it as a mistake but we shall see, I guess.

On the other hand, Klein looks REALLY promising and seems to be more than UFC ready. Would be great to see him on the card.. the only obstacle is he's not Czech but Slovak, hope it won't matter. 

Attila Vegh is not what he used to be but he's still pretty good. Vemola challenged him to fight against him on this card but he turned it down and said (well, his managment) that if he's ever gonna fight on this Prague card, it would not be against Vemola. 

David Kozma hasn't showed any interest to sign for the UFC which I don't understand (maybe Oktagon won't let him as he's got title defence scheduled already). He definitely is UFC ready so it's a shame. 

Michal Martinek is the most promising heavyweight in here. He's 7-0 and is a former professional hockey player so it could be pretty interesting for the UFC.. not to mention HW division needs a new blood. I give it a good chance we'll see him sooner or later. He had a surgery not a long time ago but I think he should be alright until february. 

Pudilova has been already confirmed and she wants to fight Bethe Correia. 

Makhmud Muradov is perhaps not a Czech but he started with MMA here and lives in Prague for a long time. He's managed by TMT and is in fact their first signed MMA fighter. He's an animal capable of taking the belt one day, believe me.

David Dvorak is really great flyweight and that's the problem. Nobody knows if UFC is getting rid of  this divison or not. ONE FC is perhaps the way to go. 

Petrasek was always considered as a UFC material but that's no longer a subject (at least not this year) as he lost to Kimball last month.

I'm pretty sure I forgot somebody but yeah, these are all promising people worth getting a shot.
Sorry for my English, I'm doing my best. haha

* Edited at 12.06.2018, 7:01 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.07.2018 | 5:25 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 909th

reminds me of the UFC Argentina card recently where theres actually a decent few solid argentines with built up recs,  good criteria and are international ready ( local draws/ media pop) ( in my world the card's theme would have been " Argentina vs the World " but ok maybe too early for this theme) but the ones im thinking of were either signed somewhere else or some reason (s) exists to why they were not featured (signed) for that event

why God why ? why do always mess up our plans ? do we not have any control of ""it""? is ""it"" an illusion ? what really is the point of ""it"" and what even is ""it"" has ""it"" happened / happening or we would never know anyway? and what not

* Edited at 12.07.2018, 5:30 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.07.2018 | 5:44 PM ET

but wait why does ""it"" have to be an / or ""it"" what if ""it"" can just be ""a"" or when does/did ""it"" become ""it"" maybe ""it"" can become ""maybe"" or ""perhaps"" or ""a"" when does ""it"" begin and or end and where does ""a"" begin or were both just an illusion in my mind after playing Red Dead 2 for 24 hrs+ without break

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.07.2018 | 5:44 PM ET

and what not

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.07.2018 | 5:47 PM ET

yeah they are definitly onto something with all this ""it"" business but i prefer ""a"" personally its more in line with my views on spiritual (metaphysical) androgony and how we are not actually an ""it"" at all or in any sense we are just ""a"" 's trying and "Just Bleed"ing to be ""its"" but i could be very very wrong

what if we are not even ""a""'s we are like a poof of an ""a"" 

* Edited at 12.07.2018, 5:49 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.07.2018 | 5:50 PM ET

so what then . 

il see myself out 

curse you 3D realm!

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’
  • MMAFighting.com : Brendan Loughnane details ‘intense’ training sessions with Conor McGregor ahead of PFL return
  • MMA Mania : UFC Trumps Boxing, Named MVP Of Combat Sports
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Weighs in on Herb Dean Controversy at UFC 300, Would ‘Love’ His Next Fight to Be Against Sean Strickland
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302's Sean Strickland on Paulo Costa: 'I'm going to make that dirty Brazilian bleed'
  • Bad Left Hook : Morrell moves to 175, Berlanga named WBA mandatory challenger for Canelo
  • Bad Left Hook : David Morrell Jr moves to 175, Edgar Berlanga named WBA mandatory challenger for Canelo Alvarez
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul responds to Ronda Rousey criticism: ‘I don’t think she’s a hater’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I see it being an early night’: Haney doesn’t expect Garcia to last the distance
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal proud to see fans bring Miami heat on Nate Diaz: 'He definitely felt it'
  • Middle Easy : Frustrated Ketlen Vieira Believes She is More ‘Deserving’ of a UFC Title Fight Than Kayla Harrison
  • MMA Mania : Chandler Reveals Plans For McGregor’s ‘Hurt Leg’
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter eats head kick after failing to exploit grounded fighter rule
  • MMA Junkie : Kyoji Horiguchi, Sergio Pettis to rematch at Rizin 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Sergio Pettis vs. Kyoji Horiguchi 2 announced for RIZIN 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Gegard Mousasi lashes out at PFL over lack of communication, refusal to book him since buying Bellator
  • MMA Junkie : PFL heads to Mohegan Sun, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls for second half of 2024 regular season
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhang
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Deontay Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhilei Zhang