Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

Conor Mcgregor's fairly delusional Intstagram post excusing khabib loss

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.23.2018 | 7:26 AM ET

thenotoriousmma

Thoughts on my last fight. 
Round 1. I believe from a sport standpoint, round 1 was his. Top position against the fence. Zero position advancement or damage inflicted. But top position.
From a fight standpoint the first round is mine. 

Actual shots landed and a willingness to engage. Straight left early. Knee to the head on the low shot. Elbows in any and all tie up scenarios. Opponent just holding the legs against the fence for almost the entire round. 
Round 2 he is running away around the cage before being blessed with a right hand that changed the course of the round, and the fight. 
It was a nice shot. 
After the shot I bounced back up to engage instantly, but again he dipped under to disengage. That is the sport and it was a smart move that led to a dominant round, so no issue. Well played.
If I stay switched on and give his stand up even a little more respect, that right hand never gets close and we are talking completely different now.
I gave his upright fighting no respect in preparation. No specific stand up spars whatsoever. 
Attacking grapplers/wrestlers only.
That won’t happen again. 
I also gave my attacking grappling no respect. To defense minded. 
Lessons. 
Listen to nobody but yourself on your skill set. 
You are the master of your own universe. 
I am the master of this. 
I must take my own advice. 
Round 3. After the worst round of my fighting career, I come back and win this round. Again walking forward, walking him down, and willing to engage.
Round 4. My recovery was not where it could have been here. 
That is my fault. 
Although winning the early exchanges in 4, he dips under again and I end up in a bad position with over 3 on the clock. I work to regain position and end up upright, with my back to the fence. 
A stable position. 
Here however, I made a critical error of abandoning my over hook at this crucial time, exposing the back, and I end up beaten fair and square. 
What can I say? 
It was a great fight and it was my pleasure. 
I will be back with my confidence high. 
Fully prepared.
If it is not the rematch right away, no problem. 
I will face the next in line.
It’s all me always, anyway.
See you soon my fighting fans I love you all 

thenotoriousmmaThoughts on my last fight. Round 1. I believe from a sport standpoint, round 1 was his. Top position against the fence. Zero position advancement or damage inflicted. But top position. From a fight standpoint the first round is mine. Actual shots landed and a willingness to engage. Straight left early. Knee to the head on the low shot. Elbows in any and all tie up scenarios. Opponent just holding the legs against the fence for almost the entire round. Round 2 he is running away around the cage before being blessed with a right hand that changed the course of the round, and the fight. It was a nice shot. After the shot I bounced back up to engage instantly, but again he dipped under to disengage. That is the sport and it was a smart move that led to a dominant round, so no issue. Well played. If I stay switched on and give his stand up even a little more respect, that right hand never gets close and we are talking completely different now. I gave his upright fighting no respect in preparation. No specific stand up spars whatsoever. Attacking grapplers/wrestlers only. That won’t happen again. I also gave my attacking grappling no respect. To defense minded. Lessons. Listen to nobody but yourself on your skill set. You are the master of your own universe. I am the master of this. I must take my own advice. Round 3. After the worst round of my fighting career, I come back and win this round. Again walking forward, walking him down, and willing to engage. Round 4. My recovery was not where it could have been here. That is my fault. Although winning the early exchanges in 4, he dips under again and I end up in a bad position with over 3 on the clock. I work to regain position and end up upright, with my back to the fence. A stable position. Here however, I made a critical error of abandoning my over hook at this crucial time, exposing the back, and I end up beaten fair and square. What can I say? It was a great fight and it was my pleasure. I will be back with my confidence high. Fully prepared. If it is not the rematch right away, no problem. I will face the next in line. It’s all me always, anyway. See you soon my fighting fans I love you all
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 15 hours, and 7 minutes from now.

Responses

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.23.2018 | 1:27 PM ET

Did you really think Conor was done because he lost? lmfao 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 22 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

10.23.2018 | 2:57 PM ET

"From a fight standpoint the first round is mine. "

LOL.  Moronic statement.
They had better give him someone he can beat for his next fight.  
I bet it is Diaz so they can give him the decision if it goes 5 rounds.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.23.2018 | 5:57 PM ET

Anybody who thinks Diaz won the rematch is a moron. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 22 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2018 | 5:58 PM ET

@rappins the first round was close to being a 10-8 for Khabib.

Just so many excuses.

Only positive takeaway is that it seems he doesn't mind not getting a rubber match. I'd like to see him against someone else, preferably ugly tony who deserves that payday. **** Mcgregor vs Diaz 3.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 15 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.23.2018 | 6:46 PM ET

If the UFC doesn't try The Eagle vs El Cucuy one more time we ALL lose. 
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.23.2018 | 7:20 PM ET

like this comment

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2018 | 8:04 PM ET

@Bruce well we all want that fight, but the idea seems to give Dana an immediate soft-on whenever he's asked about it, so I'm not holding my breath. Conor beating Tony would ensure a rematch and it deals with a matchup that has to happen at some point anyway.

Wish Mcgregor would just can it or say 'The better man won yada yada, not blather on with ifs buts and maybes. Talking about how he won the the first round from a 'fight' perspective despite getting virtually ten-eighted...give me a break. Reality is, he found out what happens when Khabib gets off the Bus. When the eagle got tired of playing with his food it was over.It is what it is.

* Edited at 10.23.2018, 8:08 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.23.2018 | 8:21 PM ET

It was a "lucky" punch that KO'd Aldo remember....turns out, most grown-men don't admit to being wrong, beaten. It is what it is. 

Conor not only felt sympathy for Aldo but also congratulated him on his TKO win over Who Da Fook is that guy. Aldo chose to laugh, mock and call for a rematch. Now that's pathetic. 

* Edited at 10.23.2018, 8:25 PM ET *

putaforkinya
putaforkinya
  • Predictions:  10,025  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  736

10.23.2018 | 9:53 PM ET

I know in terms of the UFC Conor seems to have a silver spoon up his ass but If they give him a rematch baste on this post than they are even more delusional than he is.

He clearly went over the video of his loss with his coaches (as every other fighter on earth does) and basically decided that if everything went according to thier plan they would have won.

I'm pretty sure this goes without saying for any fighter and so I'll spare everyone from explaining the stupidity in his post.

* Edited at 10.23.2018, 10:01 PM ET *

" holy **** did you see that?, baddest ***********er ever, hooooly ****" -Dana White seconds after Silva KO'd Vitor

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2018 | 9:56 PM ET

^This.
putaforkinya
putaforkinya
  • Predictions:  10,025  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  736

10.23.2018 | 10:00 PM ET

@massabruce.

You are clearly a fan boy and so anything I say won't matter...
BUT there is a difference in the 2 matches you describe.

Nothing can be said in a match that was only 8 seconds. Could have been luck or could happen another 10 times but with no rematch there is no way to tell. Aldo deserved a rematch because he defended the belt a ton of times and at the time was the divisions only ever champion. Losing like that after winning and defending so many fights before Grants him that.  

Khabib handily defeated Conor and so Conor is owed nothing. Good on him to admit where he was beat but he would gain more respect by leaving it at that. Dont make excuses that you didnt train stand up and things like that. You are supposedly the best stand up guy in MMA or atleast that's what Rogan and company are saying and u just spent a year training boxing. What's a 6 month camp going to do to prepare u? Just say you were too worried about the take down than Work your way back up the ranks up like a man.

Khabib didnt train for Al liquinta, or pettis, or Holloway and all willing to fight them all on a nights notice. Because that's what a true fighter does.

* Edited at 10.23.2018, 10:04 PM ET *

" holy **** did you see that?, baddest ***********er ever, hooooly ****" -Dana White seconds after Silva KO'd Vitor

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.23.2018 | 10:17 PM ET

Conor fought Mendes on short-notice after working his way up that ladder. I don't think Conor deserves a rematch at all, its Tony's shot to lose. Aldo would get slept 10/10 times vs Conor. 

@putaforkinya I think you realize exactly what Conor is doing and why but because you don't like him personally, the emotions caused by that make you hate him for it. But lets be honest, we'd both do the same exact thing in that situation. Watch the tape, realize our mistakes then spew some **** for drama. 

Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words from McGregor trigger me. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2018 | 10:29 PM ET

ehhh I dunno. The problem I have is that Mcgregor's best record is at FW and he was always a lightweight. At LW he's 2-2. Not a very impressive run, especially considering that all he's beaten in his natural weight class is a chinny brawler and a guy that just spams two piece combos and shouldn't even be ranked in the top 10.

I'm sure there's quite  a few LW's who could have cut to FW and torched Aldo TBH. Mcgregor has a reach longer than cowbow ******* cerrone, for christ's sake.

I mean if you compare Khabib's record at LW it's better, and Tony's blows it out of the water.

Mcgregor is a bit of a hype job TBH. He's a great salesman, but he's the ind of guy who is only going to win fights that are good stylistic matchups for him. Not GOAT material, anyway. Definitely the GOAT of PPV's though.

* Edited at 10.23.2018, 10:36 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.23.2018 | 10:32 PM ET

Who did Conor fight at LW though? Eddie the Champ, Khabib the GOAT, 1-1. Nate was at 170. Should've been LW but all the same. 

The UFC's first ever Double-Champ is exactly that. Not a hype job. You're just a hater. Boo Hoo
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2018 | 10:40 PM ET

lol yeah but Eddie Alvarez is...Eddie Alvarez. Don't get me wrong, he's entertaining as **** and well rounded, but he was never going to keep that belt long. TBH he kind of pulled a rabbit out of his ass in the RDA fight; back then, RDA would win that fight 8/10 times. 

What I'm saying is, it's not in the same ballpark, for example, as Henry Cejudo's victory over Mighty mouse. Alavrez wasn't that level of champion.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.23.2018 | 10:41 PM ET

Kevin Lee has the biggest reach advantage in LW. Khabib has fought dudes like Horcher, Fergs fought guys like Kikuno. Conors fought Siver etc. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.23.2018 | 10:44 PM ET

No what youre saying is no matter what Mcnuggets does you wont see the value. Period. You're just a hater. Knocking out 2 Champs isn't worthy? Ok so what is? Beating Aldo isn't a big win because others coulda' should'a would'a, so why didn't they? 

You got nothing but hate and you know it. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2018 | 10:47 PM ET

I actually was ready to tell you that there's no way Lee outreaches mcgregor, but I looked it up and facts are facts. 77 inches, conor is at 74. ******* hell. That's nuts for a LW.

He needs to get the **** out of Extreme couture and get to a camp/coach that can actually develop his striking while he is still young and pliable. I'd love to see what someone like Hume could do with him.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.23.2018 | 10:51 PM ET

I usually just pay attention to the "Tale of the Tape". that silly thing they show you right before the intro's to every fight ever 
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.24.2018 | 11:33 AM ET

Conor vs Aldo at 155 is the show the fans deserve but they cant do it in Brazil in case Aldo decides to use some doping strategies, hopefully the fans get a fun fight like that or maybe vs Diaz or -- Iaquinta in NY if he wins/loses agains the Mo Town one these are fun fights for the fans or Anderson in Vegas is another, what about .. who else is there ............................            Nick Diaz in Vegas!

* Edited at 10.24.2018, 11:35 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September