Topic: Prospect Watch

Opinion: UFC should sign Denis Goltsov.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.23.2018 | 1:50 AM ET

The UFC heavyweight division will be a wasteland rather shortly. DC is set to retire, as is hunt. Overeem doesn't have many left. You'd have to think the same to be true for JDS, oleinik, and Arlovski. That leaves Miocic, Ngannou and Blaydes at the top end with  up and comers like Albini and Tuivasa waiting in the wings. How long will Lewis's back hold up? How good is Volkov, really?

Looking to the Horizon, it's going to be a bit of a puddle.

Enter Dennis Golstov.

he's 22-5. Has won 17 of his last 18 fights. 18 of those 22 victories has come by submission, or KO/TKO, and all of his losses bar one came early in his career. He is an international sambo gold medalist and former ACB HW champion.

He is also only 28 years old.

Well, the Russian Bogatyr seems like a no-brainer to me. I heavily suspect he would basically mollywhop anyone not in the top 3, and a good night could beat anyone in the UFC heavweight division. What do you think?

* Edited at 10.23.2018, 3:05 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 12 hours, and 16 minutes from now.

Responses

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.23.2018 | 1:35 PM ET

Goltsov is legit but Pavlovich is better. Go watch Denis vs Vakhaev, it was embarrassing. There's couple HW prospects that should be signed soon..

Sergey Spivac. 9-0, all finishes, 8 in 1st round. Just made Tony Lopez tap to a neck crank. 

Alexander Romanov, 9-0, all finishes, 7 in 1st round. Just suplexed Virgil Zwicker on his head and strangled him. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 1 hour, and 31 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.23.2018 | 6:05 PM ET

Yeah the Vakheav fight, but it's heavyweight so things happen, ya know. Vakheav can end anyone's night, too. He is better than his record belies IMO. 

Pavlovich is a beast but he hasn't fought the vets that Goltsov has. He's ******* quick for a heavy, I'll say that. Very fast hands. Very good at looping around his opponent's guard and landing on the back/side of their noggin. I'd like to see him signed too.

So much untapped Russian talent out there. Heavyweight is just the tip of the iceberg.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 12 hours, and 16 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Taylor Vs Serrano 2 Joins Paul-Tyson On Netflix
  • Bad Left Hook : Taylor vs Serrano rematch joins Paul vs Tyson on July 20
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 303 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : Alan Jouban argues ‘it’s not over’ for Justin Gaethje’s title hopes despite brutal UFC 300 loss
  • Middle Easy : Fan Apologizes To Arman Tsarukyan For ‘Flipping Him Off’ At UFC 300, Says He Wouldn’t Sue UFC
  • MMA Mania : Holloway, Harrison Upend Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano 2 announced as co-main event for Tyson vs. Paul fight card
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Divisional Rankings: UFC 300 completely reshapes the global ranks
  • MMA Junkie : Why Arman Tsarukyan finds Charles Oliveira 'more dangerous' than UFC champ Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Jama Vs. Jiri - ‘Make It Happen!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling considered retirement if he lost at UFC 300: ‘I was probably done’
  • MMA Junkie : Gegard Mousasi frustrated by 'radio silence' from PFL, feeling pressured to 'take a pay cut'
  • MMA Mania : Battle of the BMFs? ‘I Would Love To Bust Gaethje’s Face Up’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I just need to land the correct shot and he’s gone’: Riakporhe confident he’ll beat Billam-Smith again
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ian Machado Garry calls for UFC 303 co-main event vs. ‘p****’ Colby Covington, says ‘I’ll retire him for good’
  • MMA Junkie : Jessica Andrade: Title shot after UFC 300 win is the 'natural course of things'
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Haney vs Garcia preview and Ryan’s chances at the upset
  • Jits Magazine : Subversiv 10 Full Results And Review
  • Jits Magazine : Andorra And Brazil Bring Stellar AJP Tournaments To Their Territories
  • MMAFighting.com : New video shows Max Holloway’s instant backstage reaction after legendary Justin Gaethje knockout