Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

Khabib Threatens to Leave the UFC if Zubaira Tukhugov is Released

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

10.11.2018 | 1:10 PM ET

Source

Khabib Nurmagomedov may have just thrown down the gauntlet in the post-UFC 229 controversy.

Nurmagomedov today posted on his Instagram feed a message to the UFC brass. His key point: If the UFC fires his teammates, chiefly Zubaira Tukhugov, for their roles in the post-fight melee, Nurmagomedov is prepared to go with them.

“If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken,” Nurmagomedov wrote in his post. “If you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I’ll break it myself.”

Nurmagomedov (27-0 MMA, 11-0 UFC) submitted Conor McGregor (21-4 MMA, 9-2 UFC) in the fourth round of the UFC 229 main event to retain the lightweight title this past Saturday. After the fight was over, he went over the fence and into the crowd to go after one of McGregor’s teammates, Dillon Danis. While that was happening outside the cage, another melee was happening inside the cage when some of Nurmagomedov’s teammates, including Tukhugov, came over the fence and got into it with McGregor.

Video footage from all kinds of angles show McGregor taking a swing on the fence, but then getting hit from behind moments later. UFC President Dana White said he was “disgusted and sick” over the incident, the Nevada State Athletic Commission started an immediate investigation, and also withheld Nurmagomedov’s $2 million disclosed payday. McGregor’s pay was not withheld. UFC 229 reportedly broke the promotion’s pay-per-view buys record with estimates of around 2.4 million.

Blame has been all over the map for the post-fight brawl. Some say McGregor should be faulted for his extreme trash talk in the buildup to the fight. Some say Danis at cageside insulted Nurmagomedov’s Islamic faith, prompting him to come over the fence in the first place. (Danis late Wednesday denied those claims in a statement.)

And no one has forgotten when the entire beef started back in April, when McGregor arrived in Brooklyn with a crew of people and attacked a bus filled with fighters and teams at UFC 223 – including Nurmagomedov and his team. McGregor threw a metal hand cart into a bus window, and the shattered glass injured two fighters and led to the cancellation of two UFC 223 fights. McGregor was arrested, jailed and eventually pleaded guilty to lesser charges that kept him from further jail time. McGregor’s bus attack was a response to Nurmagomedov allegedly slapping another of McGregor’s teammates, Artem Lobov, in an incident the day before.

But the biggest salvo in this dispute yet perhaps just landed from Nurmagomedov, given he’s the lightweight champion and essentially threatened to quit the organization in defense of not just Tukhugov, but, he said, the honor of his people and culture.

Here is the full Nurmagomedov statement from Instagram from his English translation:

I would like to address @ufc. Why didn’t you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people? They could have killed someone there, why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?

Why do you have to punish my team, when both teams fought. If you say that I started it, then I do not agree, I finished what he had started.

In any case, punish me, @zubairatukhugov has nothing to do with that. If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken. You canceled Zubaira’s fight and you want to dismiss him just because he hit Conor. But don’t forget that it was Conor who had hit my another Brother FIRST, just check the video.

if you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I’ll break it myself.

And one more thing, you can keep my money that you are withholding. You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat. We have defended our honor and this is the most important thing. We intend to go to the end.
#Brothers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him.

Thoughts?

* Edited at 10.11.2018, 1:19 PM ET *

"..."

Responses Page 4

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

10.12.2018 | 11:21 PM ET

@mbach

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:23 PM ET

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 15 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

10.12.2018 | 11:24 PM ET

Lol. Oh man youre mad. Now that we know you have never been laid, lets figure out why. My guess is MAJOR social anxiety when talking to women. Possibly from a childhood trauma. I bet around the ladies youre like the indian guy from the big bang theory.

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:26 PM ET

I'm mad? News to me. Dude on a MMA site trying to use getting ***** as a vice. You're just a typically sad married man that knows his life is meaningless. I would curb stomp your children in front of you ahaahahahha 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 15 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

10.12.2018 | 11:29 PM ET

Well in my experience people who are happy dont pretend to be something they arent. 

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:31 PM ET

Have fun being happy. Meanwhile you picked 900 fights and got 500 of them wrong. Hows is that even possible? You and Green Hornet couldn't pick a fight to save your life. 
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

10.12.2018 | 11:52 PM ET

>"Have fun being happy."

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:53 PM ET

you still crying? 
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

10.12.2018 | 11:54 PM ET

@massa

Are you?

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:55 PM ET

Are you? 
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.14.2018 | 9:36 AM ET

The UFC is losing Superstars Left and right someone lock the doors and chain us in

* Edited at 10.14.2018, 9:40 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.14.2018 | 9:38 AM ET

watchout Fightclub Den Hag doesnt steal these Superstars contracts thery are always nawing at the heels of the UFC like peckerwoods

* Edited at 10.14.2018, 9:38 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

10.14.2018 | 10:56 PM ET

I hope they cave cause there is still so much questions for khabib.
The rematch with conor would make even bigger numbers.
Khabib vs ferguson must know how that will go.
Khabib going up to fight woodley.
Nate diaz??? 
Is khabib any good off his back?
Not to mention with khabib succesfully defending and unifying the belt.
He is undisputed 155 champion. The best a now no one can b the best without going through him.
I wann c if he runs through the division.
People say light weight is stacked and I agreed but nobody even gives this guy a challenge.

Hey UFC I MUST C KHABIB VS TONY!!!!

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2