Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

Khabib Threatens to Leave the UFC if Zubaira Tukhugov is Released

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

10.11.2018 | 1:10 PM ET

Source

Khabib Nurmagomedov may have just thrown down the gauntlet in the post-UFC 229 controversy.

Nurmagomedov today posted on his Instagram feed a message to the UFC brass. His key point: If the UFC fires his teammates, chiefly Zubaira Tukhugov, for their roles in the post-fight melee, Nurmagomedov is prepared to go with them.

“If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken,” Nurmagomedov wrote in his post. “If you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I’ll break it myself.”

Nurmagomedov (27-0 MMA, 11-0 UFC) submitted Conor McGregor (21-4 MMA, 9-2 UFC) in the fourth round of the UFC 229 main event to retain the lightweight title this past Saturday. After the fight was over, he went over the fence and into the crowd to go after one of McGregor’s teammates, Dillon Danis. While that was happening outside the cage, another melee was happening inside the cage when some of Nurmagomedov’s teammates, including Tukhugov, came over the fence and got into it with McGregor.

Video footage from all kinds of angles show McGregor taking a swing on the fence, but then getting hit from behind moments later. UFC President Dana White said he was “disgusted and sick” over the incident, the Nevada State Athletic Commission started an immediate investigation, and also withheld Nurmagomedov’s $2 million disclosed payday. McGregor’s pay was not withheld. UFC 229 reportedly broke the promotion’s pay-per-view buys record with estimates of around 2.4 million.

Blame has been all over the map for the post-fight brawl. Some say McGregor should be faulted for his extreme trash talk in the buildup to the fight. Some say Danis at cageside insulted Nurmagomedov’s Islamic faith, prompting him to come over the fence in the first place. (Danis late Wednesday denied those claims in a statement.)

And no one has forgotten when the entire beef started back in April, when McGregor arrived in Brooklyn with a crew of people and attacked a bus filled with fighters and teams at UFC 223 – including Nurmagomedov and his team. McGregor threw a metal hand cart into a bus window, and the shattered glass injured two fighters and led to the cancellation of two UFC 223 fights. McGregor was arrested, jailed and eventually pleaded guilty to lesser charges that kept him from further jail time. McGregor’s bus attack was a response to Nurmagomedov allegedly slapping another of McGregor’s teammates, Artem Lobov, in an incident the day before.

But the biggest salvo in this dispute yet perhaps just landed from Nurmagomedov, given he’s the lightweight champion and essentially threatened to quit the organization in defense of not just Tukhugov, but, he said, the honor of his people and culture.

Here is the full Nurmagomedov statement from Instagram from his English translation:

I would like to address @ufc. Why didn’t you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people? They could have killed someone there, why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?

Why do you have to punish my team, when both teams fought. If you say that I started it, then I do not agree, I finished what he had started.

In any case, punish me, @zubairatukhugov has nothing to do with that. If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken. You canceled Zubaira’s fight and you want to dismiss him just because he hit Conor. But don’t forget that it was Conor who had hit my another Brother FIRST, just check the video.

if you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I’ll break it myself.

And one more thing, you can keep my money that you are withholding. You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat. We have defended our honor and this is the most important thing. We intend to go to the end.
#Brothers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him.

Thoughts?

* Edited at 10.11.2018, 1:19 PM ET *

"..."

Responses

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

10.11.2018 | 3:01 PM ET

Well the ufc cant cave because the dude that jumped in was a turd. 

"Where are my shoes?"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.11.2018 | 4:29 PM ET

Khabib is playing a dangerous game here. The UFC isn't interested in  how well he can fight, they are interested in how well he can draw, ultimately.PPV numbers first, fights second. He's not Conor Mcgregor and doesn't have anywhere near the same level of leverage. Not even close. He's deluded if they think they won't strip and cut him if he pushes them hard enough. In fact this might be ideal for them. They'd like nothing more than Conor with the belt.And so would a hell of a lot more fans.

One thing is for sure though, he will keep his word. He's a Sufi. These guys are basically the monks of Islam and are extremely devout.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 18 hours, and 42 minutes from now.
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,103  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,250
  • Post Score: 190

10.11.2018 | 5:48 PM ET

but still... he is right!

-McGregord buss attack should make him fired...
-Artem Lobov part in the buss attack should make him fired...
-McGregor racist and Islamist insult should make him fired...

With that Dana get the best UFC PPV record ever.... Now deal with it

"Never go down without a fight"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,103  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,250
  • Post Score: 190

10.11.2018 | 5:51 PM ET

They should have keep the Tukhugov vs Lobov fight... 
For the first time of m'I life I was interest in a fight of the GOAT Artem Lobov!

* Edited at 10.11.2018, 5:56 PM ET *

"Never go down without a fight"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 6:20 PM ET

Khabib was saying he wanted to retire anyway. Dude has 1 foot out the door. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 7 hours, and 57 minutes from now.
unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

10.11.2018 | 6:33 PM ET

My first reaction to ultimatums is, "fine, you'll never fight again then."

However in this case, if Khabib is left to wonder the world that could be very dangerous for everyone. He has the disposition to where he could easily be radicalized (like Adlan Amagov) by an extremist group. That's the stuff of nightmares. 

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.11.2018 | 6:43 PM ET

@Unbeknowenst I know what you mean. Sufism is very different from Wahabism or even Sunni and tends not to produce radicals, but it has happened before. It;'s important that khabib is metered out a fair and just punishment. There's more at stake here than just Prize fighting.

Let's be real; Muslims don't need much of a prod to go ape****. That's what makes it the worst religion in existence; it's underwritten by a violent credo. That doesn't mean he should get a pass, but what happened wasn't worse than what Conor did, or even close to being as bad. Conor also threw the first punch. If the punishments for khabib and his team mates are harsher....expect bad things. Not necessarily from khabib and his people, but from the Islamic community more broadly.

This needs to be carefully negotiated.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 18 hours, and 42 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 6:49 PM ET

Good chance that Khabib and all his buddies never get to enter the US again. "free the roam the world" ahahahaha never gonna happen. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 7 hours, and 57 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.11.2018 | 6:53 PM ET

Nah, Mcgregor didn't press charges. Which he doesn't deserve credit for, because he was involved in the fracas and his case would have been tossed out. He also just got out of court and is probably still operating under special conditions, and even if he isn't....going back wouldn't be a good look.

Doubt Khabib will have Visa issues really. Especially since Putin is now a khabib fan and Herr Trump is his *****. Watch very little come of this.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 6:56 PM ET

Nah Trump denied a visa for Abdulmanap. There doesn't need to be charges pressed to get your Visa revoked garotinho. You can't possibly know how the world works if you've never left your mommies basement. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 6:57 PM ET

Nobody in the US are scared of dudes that kneel on dirty rugs. Believe that. 

Negotiated carefully lol or what? *** are they gonna do about it? Nootin'. They'll do fookin nootin'. NONE of yaz gon' do ****. USA owns the world. 

* Edited at 10.11.2018, 7:01 PM ET *

unbeknownst
unbeknownst

10.11.2018 | 7:05 PM ET

@ImperatorFishrat: He also has 12 million Instagram followers. Presumably the majority of those eyes and minds are Muslim. Just for context, GSP has only 2 million followers. Like Khabib said, "this is not a joke." His Instagram post has a ton of warnings to the UFC, that could be rightfully or wrongfully interpreted by his followers. Even if he activates .001% of his followers, that could be catastrophic.     

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.11.2018 | 7:06 PM ET

Of course there doesn't. But if there were, or if this thing were exclusively on Nurmy you're talking a whole different magnitude of probability that a revocation would happen. Whole shebang is a storm in a teacup really. The only people are still talking about it is because the media is subsequently making a circus out of it. Things like this happen all the time in Prize fighting.

Care to wager? Sig bet. Khabib doesn't get his Visa stripped.

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 7:08 PM ET

Yea that would end in 0.1 percent of cronies getting tortured in front of their families on live television. We all saw what happened when Khabib was caught off guard, he stay on bus.

Imagine if dudes in suits rolled up with fully-automatic weapons. He beg for life. Keep milking that muslim D ya soft a$$ cowards. We bomb their children on a daily-basis without remorse or repercussion. 

* Edited at 10.11.2018, 7:21 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 7:09 PM ET

How many followers does Justin Bieber have? 4 billion? Imagine if he radicalized all those 12 year old girls. You guys are soft. 
unbeknownst
unbeknownst

10.11.2018 | 7:14 PM ET

@MassaBruce: Imagine you and your fellow passengers say "lets roll" and charge down the aisle only to see Khabib blocking the ****pit entrance holding a box cutter. You're ******. Again that's I mean by, the stuff of nightmares.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.11.2018 | 7:15 PM ET

You know Bruce, I'm not sure if it's because you're sticking needles in your ass a lot or what (I suspect you're a roidhead, you have the temperament of every roidrager I've ever met) but you really do say some unbelievably vile ****. Talking about bombing kids as if that's a virtue. Get a ******* grip.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 7:18 PM ET

Its truth. You like to pretend you know what's going on but if I showed you a pic you would puke. You dont know anything garotinho. Anything. You are a sheep. US has perfected assassinations, murder, ****, torture, WAR. and i'm supposed to give a **** about a salty prize-fighter with 12 followers? YOU get a grip. Khabib has NO power. 

* Edited at 10.11.2018, 7:22 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 7:20 PM ET

Imagine that martyrs family being sodomized by donkeys. Cuz thats what happens when you F with the US. Your family dies violently without ANY repercussion. 

The stuff of nightmares is hearing what sounds like thousands of airplanes over your biggest city and watching a giant black dot drop from the skies right before it incinerates you and millions of others in an instant. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 7:24 PM ET

Does the Taliban or ISIS have million dollar facilities set up as torture camps? Nope. But we do :) CIA could put a bullet in Putins head any moment they wanted. Khabib could disappear without a trace. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : New video shows Max Holloway’s instant backstage reaction after legendary Justin Gaethje knockout
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Magomed By KO? Pereira ‘Doesn’t Have A Chin’
  • MMA Mania : Bellator Paris Fight Card, Rumors For Nurmagomedov vs. Shabliy
  • MMA Mania : New Title? McGregor Vs. Chandler ‘Should Be For A Belt’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 300 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Junkie : Deiveson Figueiredo: 'I deserve to fight for the championship next' after UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Should Max Holloway go back to 145 or stay at 155 after BMF title win?
  • MMA Mania : Math! Harrison Proves ‘PFL Champions Can Beat Anyone’
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Calls For Interim Title Fight with Julianna Pena at UFC 303: ‘I Will Make Myself Available’
  • MMA Junkie : Judges Gonna Judge: Did Arman Tsarukyan deserve UFC 300 nod vs. Charles Oliveira?
  • MMAFighting.com : Jorge Masvidal explains frustration dealing with ‘diva’ Nate Diaz for boxing match
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Praised Max Holloway For Making Elite Fighters “Seem Normal,” Talks Alex Pereira’s Success Without Wrestling Skills
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Reacts To Max Holloway’s “F*cking Legendary” Knockout Win At UFC 300, Thinks Holloway Should Stay At Lightweight
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal explains callout of Anthony Hernandez at UFC 300: 'I want to start fighting better guys'
  • Middle Easy : Former NFL Star Chad Ochocinco Promises to ‘Thump’ Max Holloway’s Chin in Proposed Sparring Session
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway brought back sparring for UFC 300, says fighting Justin Gaethje ‘like going through the gates of hell’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Iconic’ Holloway ‘Always Been That Good’
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Reacts To Max Holloway’s ‘BMF’ KO At UFC 300, Dubs Justin Gaethje ‘Easy Fight’
  • MMA Junkie : Jiri Prochazka sets sights on another light heavyweight title shot after UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : How Coming Out Changed The Life Of Liz Carmouche