Topic: Fantasy & Games

Pick 'Em Groups v. Fantasy

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Moorlady
Moorlady

10.10.2018 | 6:29 PM ET

What do you guys think the relative merits of Tapology's Fantasy and Pick 'Em Groups are?

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.10.2018 | 6:39 PM ET

They're not necessary but they're a bit of fun.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

10.10.2018 | 7:52 PM ET

As many of you know, I can be a bit slow.... I’m unsure of what you’re asking. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.10.2018 | 8:00 PM ET

I don't think you're being slow it's just an ambiguous question.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.10.2018 | 8:22 PM ET

Relative merit is a nerds way of saying compare the common purpose. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 16 hours, and 32 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.10.2018 | 8:25 PM ET

Fantasy keeps a total of your picks correct/picks made while also offering H2H and declaring winners. These Pickem groups just go by 1 event at at time with no real reward. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 16 hours, and 32 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

10.10.2018 | 8:30 PM ET

“Relative merit” isn’t the part I’m unsure of. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.10.2018 | 8:58 PM ET

Gotcha my bad 
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,559
  • Post Score: 275

10.10.2018 | 9:07 PM ET

After the UFC shut down its own pick-em-group thing, we heard from several people who wanted to know if it could be done on Tapology.  So we decided to put it together even though it's somewhat similar to the Fantasy Games.

Fantasy Games have a defined number of events, and everyone has to have joined and be ready at the start of the game. At the end there is a winner, and there can even be playoffs and other game options.

Pick Em groups are open-ended with no end date. Events can be added to the group at any time, and new users can join or leave the group, too. There is a leaderboard for the group for each event, but other than that there is no winner or loser.

You could say that the Pick Em groups are a little more casual, while the Fantasy Games are a little more hardcore.

Over the next year we hope to continue to refine them so that it's easier to understand everything. And at the same time, keep adding more game modes and options.

"I live, I die, I live again."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney