Topic: UFC on FOX 31

Kevin Lee vs Al Iaquinta Set For 12/15, plans on sending a message to Khabib

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

irish hoodlum
irish hoodlum
  • Predictions:  26  |  30.8%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 17

10.08.2018 | 8:55 PM ET

Kevin Lee says he is going to send a message to Khabib by dominating Al Iaquinta. Lee is calling out Dillon Danis again but it has to be combat bjj. Kevin Lee calls out everyone, I love this guy. I still want to see him and Khabib.

https://fightingirishmma.com/wpvr_video/kevin-lee-vs-al-iaquinta-set-for-12-15/
UFC on FOX 31
  • Saturday 12.15.2018 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: FOX | Prelims: Fox Sports 1
  • Name: UFC on FOX 31: Lee vs. Iaquinta 2
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Milwaukee
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $616,633
  • Attendance: 7,797
  • TV Ratings: 1.83M avg. viewers (2.4M peak, 256k FS1 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Al Iaquinta   defeats   Kevin Lee   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Edson Barboza   defeats   Dan Hooker   via KO/TKO, Body Punch   2:19 Round 3 of 3, 12:19 Total Bout Page
Rob Font   defeats   Sergio Pettis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Oliveira   defeats   Jim Miller   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Zak Ottow   defeats   Dwight Grant   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Drakkar Klose   defeats   Bobby Green   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joaquim Silva   defeats   Jared Gordon   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:39 Round 3 of 3, 12:39 Total Bout Page
Jack Hermansson   defeats   Gerald Meerschaert   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   4:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Zak Cummings   defeats   Trevor Smith   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dan Ige   defeats   Jordan Griffin   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mike Rodriguez   defeats   Adam Milstead   via KO/TKO, Knee to the Body and Punches   2:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Juan Adams   defeats   Chris De La Rocha   via KO/TKO, Knee and Punches   0:58 Round 3 of 3, 10:58 Total Bout Page

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.08.2018 | 9:11 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 1223rd

Lee should win, but al shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. In fact I think if it goes to five he wins a decision. Lee has cardio issues.

Iaquinta is better than people think he is. He handled Khabib better than Mcnuggets, anyway.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 15 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

10.08.2018 | 9:12 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 370 Points   |   Tied for 1273rd

That would be awesome but i dont see real astate agent boy manning up anytime soon.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.08.2018 | 9:17 PM ET

nah Iaquinta is game free. He's *********  but he's also a lunatic and will fight anyone. The reason we don't see him enough is because he throws tantrums about his pay. I think taking khabib on short notice probably helped with company relations though.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 15 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

10.08.2018 | 9:42 PM ET

Guess we'll c. But raging al seems like a stocking stuffer to me.
Dont c him ever getting another shot at the title.
He talked **** against conor sayin conor was a ***** for tapping and that he(al) went the distance with khabib on one day nottice. Dont know if al knows but khabib used al as a sparring partner to test out new stuff.
Al never had any chance of winning conor did.

Khabib looked nervous in the first minutes. If conor stayed on his feet after he stuffed that first takedown it would have started better. Khabib won the first but did no damage with strikes.

And conors coachs gameplanned for khabib by telling conor to hold back thde first two rds so khabib would b tired. Dumb ass gameplan if u ask me. U have to let conor b conor and come out strong. Bet thats what he'll do in the rematch.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

10.08.2018 | 9:44 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 1342nd

They've both improved since they first fought, but Lee has evolved way more. 

I think Lee will at least outwork if not submit Iaquinta. 

* Edited at 10.08.2018, 9:44 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.08.2018 | 9:49 PM ET

I honestly don't think Conor will ever beat khabib. Nurmy just has his number. If conor had genuinely hurt khabib or had displayed a real advantage anywhere I would be more inclined to believe it. But what we say was khabib walking through that left hand, flooring mcgregor and slipping him in the exchanges 7/10 times. That's to say nothing of the cardio advantage khabib displayed, and the absolute shellacking he gave him on the mat.

The only round conor looked good in was the third, and that was his last hurrah. Khabib knew he had him and kind of took that round off. Conor  also cheated for over a minute by grabbing khabib's gloves, and dean didn't call it. Conor also interlocked his toes in the fence, dean called it once, joe rogan brought it up once then they swept it under the rug while it kept happening. They wanted conor to win, hard....and he still got utterly demolished, everywhere.

I'll say it: Herb dean is the UFC's pet grub. He's on the take, or at least knows which side of his bread is buttered.

I just don't see what mcgregor can change to win that fight. I think ugly tony is the guy to beat khabib.

* Edited at 10.08.2018, 9:53 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.09.2018 | 6:25 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 510 Points   |   Tied for 445th

How did LaMotta beat Suga Ray twice? Nobody knows. They fought 6 times. After each fight the thought of a rematch became more ridiculous. Do I think Conor could improve in a rematch, of course. Doesn't mean he could win. 

Kevin Lee isn't even top 10. Put him in there with another Russian, lets see what happens. He broke Mustafaevs arm and choked him unconscious. Magomed woke up still swinging he didn't care. Sacrifice this Detroit bum to Taisumov or even Islam Makhachev. Lee will get exposed properly. Islam pins Khabib on a daily basis. 

Lee vs Iaquinta II is embarrassing but hey at least 1 of those idiots will have another L. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.09.2018 | 7:53 PM ET

Well TBH Bruce I don't really give two knobs of goat**** who Mcgregor fights, so long as he doesn't get an instant rubber match.Not really interested in seeing him smoke alvarez or poirier again but if that's what's on offer then so be it. I'd prefer to see him against someone new.

Also the raging bull only beat sugar ray once.  Ray wasn't conditioned adequately and you absolutely had to be 100% to beat lamotta who was basically just a smaller version of Marciano; a lunatic cardio machine with a clawfoot bath for a head. Robinson talked about this on a televised interview, you can probably dig it up on youtube. They were quite close by the end of it all.

Lee is a top 10 guy depending on who you put him in there with. He'd probably beat poirier and alvarez. Eddie is shot, people just haven't figured it out yet, and poirier aint far behind. He'll never beat ugly tony though. I could see him losing to iaquinta, He'd give mcgregor a good run for his money but I think conor would TKO him in the end because lee has ****tier cardio than conor and underrated TDD.

I do think Makhachev could get him. Very interesting fight. He's definitely a ******* animal.

Lightweight is top heavy at the moment really. The top three is a holy trinity of bad styles for one another and the belt will probably do a game of musical chairs for a few years yet. Best case scenario as I see things is that khabib gets a suspension, conor doesn't, and they make ferguson vs mcgregor for the interim.I thin conor will win that, so that way he will get his rematch with khabib, but will have actually earned it. And then everyone can be happy.

You know what fight I want but will never happen? Mcgregor vs Pettis. Would be a barnburner.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.09.2018 | 8:25 PM ET

"wasn't conditioned adequately" is 1 fancy excuse. One that Suga Ray never made. There are no excuses in fighting and you know this. My point was even a blind dog finds a bone sometimes. LaMotta should've never beat Suga Ray and frankly, should've never landed a punch..but he did. No matter how highly we think of a fighter, there still just a human-being with more weaknesses than strengths. Khabib will be KO'd brutally eventually. 100% a fact. 

I want Khabib vs Tony. 

Conor vs Aldo 2 at LW would be great. Who wouldn't love to watch that bumzilian cry on his knees again. Aldo é um viado sem valor.

I can't believe how long we had to wait to see Pettis vs Ferguson. Was worth the wait though! 

El Cucuy triggers me when he speaks but when he fights its like watching every badass fighter ever put together in 1 crazy ass dude. So damn good. Relentless. Like LaMotta,  eats 4 to land that 1 significant shot. NO fear. Dude was sitting next to Fabio Werdum and didn't back down. 

* Edited at 10.09.2018, 8:32 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.09.2018 | 8:33 PM ET

I'll take tony by decision in that one. He's too good of his back and can match khabib's cardio and pace. He's also crazy as a ****house rat on the feet and will land more. I don't think he can sub nurmy, but yeah, he'll probably do enough to eek out the nod.

Either that or khabib just takes him down at the start of every round and lands more from the top than tony does from the bottom and gets a UD.

No way conor goes back to FW. Just listened to Kavanagh on th Joe Rogan show talking about how he never liked Conor cutting that much and doesn't want him to go back. I also don't think Conor wants anything to do with Ortega at any point in time. Although if T-City moves up as he says he will, he might have to.

Ortega likely subs him.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.09.2018 | 8:35 PM ET

hints why I said at LW lmfao. 

Ortega vs Khabib would be a hate crime. Brian is a kid. Khabib has kids. Hot knife through butter. That's a grown man vs a man bun. Wouldn't be close 

Conor vs Ortega. Hmm. Now that's a match-up. 

* Edited at 10.09.2018, 8:41 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

10.09.2018 | 9:56 PM ET

I say
Conor vs Aldo 2 @ 155 would b amazing and Khabib vs Ferguson has to happen.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

10.09.2018 | 10:04 PM ET

Lee vs al didn't that happen and al won?
irish hoodlum
irish hoodlum
  • Predictions:  26  |  30.8%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 17

10.10.2018 | 10:36 PM ET

Conor fighting Aldo is like taking an ex girlfriend back.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.10.2018 | 10:39 PM ET

Conor only takes rematches, never gives them.  He's literally never done this.

Glad he doesn't have the belt. ****** champion who never defended/fled after getting the W.

* Edited at 10.10.2018, 10:44 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.10.2018 | 10:54 PM ET

Who "deserved" a rematch vs Conor? Dont you dare pull the "this isn't about who deserved what nonsense" just fookin answer the question. Aldo? If that punch was lucky then so is every TD that Khabib has ever landed. Eddie? ahahahaha Eddie is bum. Nate vs Conor III would've happened if Nate wasn't such a ******** piece of worthless crap. 

There was nobody for Conor to rematch other than 1 guy who happens to have less brain cells than an avocado. 

Jon Jones is a ****** champion. Cody ***brandt was a ****** champion. MANda Nunes is a ****** champion. Woodley is a ****** champion.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.10.2018 | 11:14 PM ET

Aldo deserved a rematch vs Conor. Definitely, absolutely, without question. If defending your title six times doesn't guarantee you a rematch then I don't know what the **** does. Holloway gave Aldo a rematch. That's what great champs do; prove it wasn't a fluke.

Aldo got flashed. It happens. So did Cain Velasquez vs JDS and he went on to put two god-awful shellackings on JDS in the subsequent rematches. I'm not saying Aldo would have beaten conor or will, but you can never count out someone as good as scarface.

Conor just wanted to hype himself up and the UFC babied him through the process. But that's over. Nobody gets to say that Mcgregor is the best LW of all time. GOAT status is off the table. Khabib exposed him. It is what it is.

Conor beat Eddie. Eddie had never defended the belt. Not once. Given that and the fact he lost convincingly, rematch not warranted.

Know what conor should have done?

Fought the next best guy rather than get spanked in a boxing match by an old man.

Conor Mcgregor is the worst LW champion in the history of the UFC, and one of the worst champions in any division of all time. So **** in fact the he was stripped due to inactivity. 

It's not hard to understand, and it isn't up for debate. It is self evident.

There's a good line in the Talmud:

When the castle goes to ruin, castle is still its name; when the dunghill rises, still it is a dunghill.

* Edited at 10.10.2018, 11:25 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.10.2018 | 11:27 PM ET

Eddie is the worst LW champ of all time. 

Who was the next best guy at LW at the time? RDA pulled like the ***** he is. Nate just got beat. Khabib vs MJ, Cerrone at WW, Ferguson hurt, Aldo too chicken **** to go up to LW, Pettis on a 3 fight skid and this goes on and on and on. 

Conor went to fight Floyd for legacy and because nobody in the UFC deserved that fight. Period. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.10.2018 | 11:28 PM ET

oh and nobody that was KO'd in under a minute EVER earned an immediate rematch. Aldo's *****ass could've won 400 fights in a row. Those 400 guys were bums and you got KO'd before people sat down. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.10.2018 | 11:32 PM ET

Why the **** should Aldo have to go up to LW? Let me flip the script on you; Mcgregor was a LW cutting half his body weight so that he could look good beating up real Featherweights. Aldo was a real FW. 

Ridiculous. And no, Eddie isn't the worst, because he didn't **** off for two years holding up the division. Also wasn't stripped.

Could have made the RDA fight after the fact. And RDA broke his foot. He posted pictures of it. No way he could have fought. I saw those photographs, his foot look liked a surgeon's glove filled  to bursting point with blackberry jam.

* Edited at 10.10.2018, 11:34 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson