Topic: Other Combat Sports

Paulie Malignaggi Says Conor McGregor Has No Balls

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

irish hoodlum
irish hoodlum
  • Predictions:  26  |  30.8%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 17

10.08.2018 | 7:50 PM ET

Paulie Malignaggi goes on a **** talking rant about Conor McGregor. He sounds like he got personal joy from Conor losing. I hope if Conor goes back to boxing its against this clown.

https://fightingirishmma.com/wpvr_video/paulie-malignaggi-says-conor-mcgregor-has-no-balls/

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.08.2018 | 8:05 PM ET

Mcgregor broke the old code : What happens in sparring stays in sparring. Malignaggi is right to put **** on him for it. I'm pretty sure it was a knockdown, but old paulie had been eating calzones and calling fights for years, so yeah...doesn't mean much. Conor's team shouldn't have released the footage, it was a dog move. Especially when they had brought him in to supposedly help conor prepare. I think that whole thing was just a ruse. They planned on editing footage to make conor look better.

Also paulie would still smoke Mcgregor in boxing. Well, not really smoke, he hits about as hard as a twelve year old and I can't remember him smoking anyone, but he would outbox him pretty easily. Conor can't Box. He just got outboxed by ******* Nurmy lol.

I know you're just a contard and you don't know anything about Boxing, but Paulie wasn't a can. He only ever got mollwyhopped by the real boys like porter, khan,Danny G and Hatton. If he has an MMA equivalent it would be someone like cowboy cerrone. He had a good early career run but hit his cap and never really got better.

* Edited at 10.08.2018, 8:45 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 19 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
irish hoodlum
irish hoodlum

10.08.2018 | 8:59 PM ET

Conor would beat Paulie or at least give him a nice fight. John Cavanaugh was on Rogan today and apparently the whole 12 round sparring session is supposed to get released on Netflix for some documentary. I still think if Conor does go back to boxing he fights Paulie. I like that fight way more then a Mayweather rematch. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.08.2018 | 9:08 PM ET

Well I don't like it more. I have no interest in watching mcgregor in another exhibition match.Don't get me wrong; paulie is an old retired pointfighter. Not only does he not have power now, he never did have it. But he did have classy hands and footwork. Mcgregor could catch him with a big one. That's possible. More likely that Paulie dances around him, double jabbing and slip hooking him with pitter patter that wouldn't break a wet tissue to earn a UD that nobody gives a **** about.

Conor belongs in MMA. It's too late for him to turn pro as a boxer. I'd like to see him in a real fight with real meaning. Someone in the top 5, be it poirier, or Lee...I'd even settle for Alvarez again, or Iaquinta even though he isn't ranked high enough. Doesn't matter who you put conor in there with, it will sell.

* Edited at 10.08.2018, 9:15 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 19 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
irish hoodlum
irish hoodlum

10.08.2018 | 9:22 PM ET

He destroyed Alvarez and Poirier so that won't happen. They will probably run back Diaz 3 or Conor and Anderson Silva where interested in fighting. 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

10.08.2018 | 9:31 PM ET

Conor silva would be a proper martial arts clinic!!!

I dont like conner going up to much in seight I prefer he goes down.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.08.2018 | 9:41 PM ET

That one would be interesting. But I'm not sure Conor can really hurt silva even with where Anderson is at right now.TBH. I mean you're talking about a MW fighting a lightweight....He would notonly hit incredibly harder but Conor would be at the end of his reach the whole fight. It's also a fight silva can't really win, even if he does...can't take much pride in beating up a guy who could fit in your pocket.

* Edited at 10.08.2018, 10:06 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680

10.09.2018 | 10:14 PM ET

They would most likely meet at a catch weight of 175 
Or at welterweight 170
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.09.2018 | 10:54 PM ET

No balls

Fighting arguably the P4P best in a sport you're not even professional at doesn't =balls ?

Aldo hadn't lost a fight in a DECADE. Being the aggressor in that situation doesn't take balls? 

Taking on a man that has never lost and was bred from the noblest of savages on a 2 year layoff, doesn't take balls? 

Oh because he tapped twice in front of you that makes him a coward, right? 

I loathe for the good ole' days. Where unjust call-outs ended in death. Have some fookin respect. I miss the days where Aldo & Paulie speaking out when Conor was down would've ended in them both being tortured in front of their families. Those were the days, simply put. People knew their place. You step out of line and you die. Too bad aye. 

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 8 hours, and 40 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.09.2018 | 11:48 PM ET

No more balls than any other MMA fighter. How about DC taking on Miocic? It's prizefighting. What--do you think Mcgregor should get a medal for doing his job? Get out of here with that ****.

And does tapping make him coward? No. No coward gets in the cage. I don't care if your record is 0-250. You step in that pen willingly and you're a bad ************.

But it does display a lack of heart. He could have gone out on his shield. But he tapped to a ******* neck crank.

A neck crank. Not even a deep gilly or anything especially nasty. Not like he was in a crucifix or an arm bar or a blood choke of any kind. Nothing was going to snap or pop. 

Weak. Soft tap. 

Mcgregor is a glass canon. He can dish it, but not take it. He quits.

Are you going to pull the old' 'oh so you wouldn't have tapped'?! thing out your ass? Let me spare you the trouble; if you put me in a ring with Nurmy I'd scale the fence and be out the building before anyone knew what was happening. I'd leave a trail of smoke.

I'm not a prize fighter. Neither are you.

And goddamn you both for making defend paulie ******* malignaggi.

* Edited at 10.09.2018, 11:51 PM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.10.2018 | 12:24 AM ET

Gable grip. He tapped Conor with the most useful grip of all time. the atomic bomb of all grips. The one grip that cannot be stopped. Lemme put you in a crank with said Gable, bet you tap. And yes, i've been choked unconscious before. I've been KO'd several times before as well, but on a gridiron and I woke up just in time for the next play. 

Fighting is a prize-fighters job. Taking steps is a prize-fighters job. Conor took leaps. Mendes on short-notice to the untouchable, king of Brazil, the GOD of the favelas, the only FW champ in ufc history, Jose Aldo. KO'd in 13 seconds. Deserves pats on the back for life, garotinho. FOR LIFE. If Conor loses 19 times in a row it doesn't take away the fact that he KO'd a god of mma. 

Like Derrick Lewis, I also dabbled in extortion, specifically abusive boyfriends and well, just any guy who thought he was the ****. And garotinho, I was good. Too good. When Greensburg police type in my license plate giant bold letters pop up reading something like, "NOT WORTH IT

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 8 hours, and 40 minutes from now.
Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,822  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,007

10.10.2018 | 12:30 AM ET

Tons of people have tapped to neck cranks, Imp.

It's a perfectly viable move.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.10.2018 | 1:26 AM ET

Khabib's go to. That and sometimes an S grip. But in reality khabib can do it all....I believe the reason he's so hard to deal with is because his grappling is so diversified. Judo, wrestling, sambo...he has something up his sleeve from somewhere for just about every situation.

Also let's not go nuts; the gable can be broken.

It's actually ******* amazing really. You can see his brain working,,,'what have I got in the bag for this thing'? And he always pulls something out, on the fly, and it sticks. Who's better in MMA?Nobody.His inside wrist control is off the hook and people don't talk about his leg rides anywhere near enough. Once he has his opponent's legs triangled, they're ******.

Doesn't hit the low scoop? That's cool, just shoots in to get his enemy moving backwards, gets hooks in on a single and hits an inside trip. Leg ride time. Or mount. Whatever. It makes no difference. Either he gets the choke or he gasses his opponent/burns their muscles out.

And then he just randomly pulls out the DC high crutch special against Iaquinta. Terrifying. He probably has crazy **** in his arsenal that we've never seen because he doesn't need it.

It's just an unbelievable pace of switch ups that is extremely hard to deal with for anyone even when they know what's coming. It is hard to counter that many varieties of perfect.

I'll never be a wrestling/grappling fan. Not the way you are. But he's literally the one fighter who has got me interested in it more than I ever have been before. I read an interesting interview with Ben Askren recently and he was talking about Khabib, and says that Folk Style is primarily responsible for the grappling monster that Nurmy is, so I might look into this more.

* Edited at 10.10.2018, 1:54 AM ET *

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.10.2018 | 1:57 AM ET

Khabib is amazing. His understanding of the human anatomy is that of a Da Vinci. Like its basic math. Position + leverage= success. 1+1 for him. Control the head-control the body, can't control the head-the legs will work just fine. Like Cruz, he realizes that under-hooks are life. and I'd bet if most closed their eyes and grappled with DC & Khabib, they wouldn't know the difference, he's that strong & heavy on top. I think its awesome that khabib keeps you interested in grappling. 1 of the best examples a person could possibly learn from. 

The 1 thing I disagree with you on is the Gable grip. Even before Khabib spoke English he would've recognized "Gable" if you said it to him. People preach Sanderson...HA. Dan Gable would bend Cael over his lap and spank him like a little boy. Along with guys like Yoel. Hell, Dan would give Kyle Snyder a run for his money even now. Dan Gable isn't human. He's Thor. The Gable Grip is the Mata Leao, can't be beaten if applied correctly. 
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

10.10.2018 | 11:38 AM ET

Im not someone who puts fighters, or more specifically this fighter, on a pedstal, but paulie is dead wrong on this. He put his butt out there against the toughest fight at 155 stylistically for him. Oh yeah, and he fought arguably the best boxer of all time last year. Plus he took the rematch against diaz after getting whipped. And he fought and beat one of the greatest fighters to ever live.

So yes, conor deserves plenty of crap, but paulie is just trying to make $ off conor somehow. Whether it be a fight or just the extra clicks.

"Where are my shoes?"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

10.10.2018 | 9:15 PM ET

"..."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings