Topic: UFC Matchups

Hunt vs Willis booked for UFC Adelaide in what is probably Hunt's last fight in the UFC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

09.26.2018 | 5:40 PM ET

This will be Hunto's last fight under contract. Regardless of the outcome, it's unlikely that Dana will look to re-sign him.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/26/17906448/mark-hunt-vs-justin-willis-added-to-ufc-adelaide

* Edited at 09.26.2018, 5:41 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, and 17 minutes from now.

Responses

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

09.26.2018 | 7:01 PM ET

Where does Mark Hunt go if this is it for him with the UFC?

Not sure if he'll 100% retire, the man is a savage.

And chances are RIZIN is NOT a thing if he wants to get away from the Steroid problem.

BUT... I would pay money to see Mark Hunt do some Bare Knuckle Boxing if he wanted. Seems to be the rout with strikers nowadays. Or Glory.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.26.2018 | 7:26 PM ET

Hard to say mex.He has been geting pretty nice purses for a while now, he might just hang em' up. that's my guess; he'll probably focus on running a gym and training.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

09.26.2018 | 7:32 PM ET

@HD

I don't think Hunt turns down an offer from RIZIN.  He is well known in Japan and he has the ability to earn a lot of money in base pay and sponsors than anywhere else.  Not only that, Hunt is buddy buddy with Sakakibara if memory serves me right.  Plus while the steroid problem is a factor in him possibly saying no to RIZIN, given what we have learned with regards to the UFC with how they have masked rampant steroid use and playing favorites with certain guys that get tested, at least Hunt knows the deal with how Japanese promoters treat the issue and that they will be upfront with him about it.  Which is the complete opposite to the dishonesty being displayed by UFC brass on how they handle the problem.

"..."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.26.2018 | 7:45 PM ET

@Green...I gotta say, seeing hunt back in Japan does tickle my pickle.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.26.2018 | 8:28 PM ET

Bet bellator snaps him up instead!!
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

09.26.2018 | 10:35 PM ET

@fishrat

If RIZIN does another Heavyweight Grand Prix soon and Mark Hunt is one of the people in it, I will be so hyped.  And if RIZIN somehow get Cro Cop, Fedor, or other ex Pride FC fighters to be in it, I will lose my ******* ****.

"..."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.27.2018 | 5:46 PM ET

@hornet  oldschool oh yeah!!!
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

09.27.2018 | 11:29 PM ET

He will be missed after he retires.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now
  • Middle Easy : T.J. Dillashaw Confident Jon Jones Would ‘Easily’ Outwrestle Alex Pereira in Potential Heavyweight Clash
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Press Conference Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: Bo Nickal has 'some work to do' before he's ready for top-10 fights
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Arman Tsarukyan & Renato Moicano Talk Wins At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : UFC 300: Robert Whittaker Reveals Key Factors That Led To Jamahal Hill’s KO Loss vs. Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Ilia Ultimatum: Defend ‘BMF’ Belt Or I Rematch Volks!
  • UFC.com : UFC Performance Institute In Mexico City Celebrates Inaugural Academy Combine