Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

The Logan Paul Question

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

09.22.2018 | 4:41 PM ET

So e-Celeb Logan Paul has begun petitioning Dana to let him into the UFC following the cancer that was his Celebrity Boxing bout with fellow e-Celeb KSI, with Dana giving the predictable answer of no.  Logan Paul gave the obvious rebuttal to Dana's answer via MMA Fighting and called him a hypocrite, and rightly so to be fair, considering Dana allowed CM Punk to fight two freakshow fights.

Now I personally could give a **** if Logan Paul does or doesn't get into the UFC, because as someone who enjoys the occasional freakshow fights from time to time and views Dana as a ******** artist that speaks out of both sides of his neck, he will spin this whatever way he wants to make the UFC look good so he can make a quick buck.

The reason I bring this up is, with the UFC and many media members always touting the company as "the Gold Standard of MMA" and slamming anyone that does similar stuff like Bellator and RIZIN, did the UFC open up Pandora's box when signing CM Punk where they can no longer use its status as the top MMA promotion by a country mile to reject someone like a Logan Paul from fighting in a gimmicky freak show fight?  Did Endeavor and Dana White pigeon hole themselves into a position where they can't act like they are above doing freak show fights from now on and will this hurt them in the long run?  Especially in terms of the relationship with their new broadcast partner in ESPN who, despite their change in direction to become more newsertainment crap, still presents itself as a serious sports network.

"..."

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

09.22.2018 | 4:45 PM ET

Well, there's freakshows and there's freakshows. CM punk was at least a lifetime athlete of sorts and had been training MMA for some time leading up to the fight. It was still a bad booking, but logan paul would be a whole new level of negiligence. Even punk would demolish him....it would be horrific.

That said Paul is an utter *************, and I hope Dana  feeds him to someone.

Also, MMA isn't a sport, it is sports entertainment. Never has been a legitimate sport and nothing around suggests it ever will be one, especially with greaseballs like Dana leading the charge.It has become worse over time in this regard actually.

* Edited at 09.22.2018, 4:52 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 13 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
junglefat
junglefat
  • Predictions:  7,142  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 245

09.22.2018 | 4:55 PM ET

Didn't Logan wrestle in school? If he did, he has more of an athletic background than punk. Don't like the guy, but i won't let that blind me with delusions of punk beating him. 

"Life is a repetition of boredom and orgasms."

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,595  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

09.22.2018 | 4:57 PM ET

@Imperator 

From what I've heard Paul was decent in wrestling and didn't do too bad in his boxing bout. That leads me to think with some more training he ****s on Punk.

"This is Shooto!"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.22.2018 | 5:06 PM ET

I admittedly watched the boxing fight. He sucks. So did the other guy. Both were ready to die from exhaustion after a six round fight.

Still not the most ridiculous boxing match I've seen. That would be this:

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 13 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

09.22.2018 | 7:14 PM ET

@fishrat

>sports entertainment

Stop right there with the "sports entertainment" label ****.  That label can stay with WWE.  MMA is more of a regulated sport than it has ever been before with the introduction of WADA and USADA into the sport (for whatever that's worth), wider spread adoption of the Unified Rule set (much to my personal dismay), more regulations being introduced into the Amateur MMA scene as well as international tournaments, and the building and strengthening of an international governing body in the IMMAF.  There is still many aspects of MMA that are in line with pro wrestling which makes sense since MMA evolved from it, but so does boxing.

"..."

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

09.22.2018 | 9:23 PM ET

What is a logan paul?

"Where are my shoes?"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.22.2018 | 9:40 PM ET

A  generation Z narcissist who makes money off of ****** troll videos on youtube which are marketed to children in the 3-4 age bracket. Highlights include filming a dead body in the suicide forest (japan) for purposes of exploitation.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

09.22.2018 | 9:43 PM ET

@mbach

He is an e-celeb ********** that gained fame from his YouTube channel and Vine account and gained a major attention wave recently for his infamous video where he went into the Aokigahara forest, an infamous forest in Japan that is a popular site where many Japanese people commit suicide, and showed uncensored video of recently dead corpses. 

* Edited at 09.22.2018, 9:44 PM ET *

"..."

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

09.25.2018 | 11:16 AM ET

An e-celeb? So another useless human being. Great, as if there arent enough of them. Looking at you bruce jenner's family. And my goodness, i wonder what the iq of the people who follow these people are?

"Where are my shoes?"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.25.2018 | 4:22 PM ET

I thought ufc had in fact a sports entertainment license like nfl and wwe?
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

09.25.2018 | 4:27 PM ET

As far as logan paul goes who cares kids an idiot clearly no respect for fighters who train martial arts there whole lives for a shot at the ufc. He should call de la hoya and get himself and punk on the tito vs liddel card.
De la hoya is more of a clown with a circus sideshow vibe.
Dana is more evil. Sure he knows logan paul fans are all too young to even be allowed to watch ufc.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

09.26.2018 | 12:58 AM ET

@freemoney

I could easily see De La Hoya using Logan Paul in a fight against some scrub to sell the Chuck vs Tito 3 card, sadly.  The only thing is that, De La Hoya could at least get away with it by saying "this is a one time event sort of deal" so it wouldn't even matter, or if he does try to parlay Chuck vs Tito 3 into him getting Golden Boy back into the MMA game as being a "special attraction" deal that would only serve to suck in more eyeballs and watch the serious guys he will try and pump up in the future.  The UFC doesn't have that luxury and has now kind of backed themselves into a corner on this due to already promoting CM Punk.  Had they not made that panic signing, which is what the UFC did at that point because they felt they were short on marquee named fighters that could put asses in seats, they wouldn't be where they are now.

* Edited at 09.26.2018, 12:59 AM ET *

"..."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

09.26.2018 | 8:39 PM ET

I couldn't have said it better myself.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

09.26.2018 | 9:07 PM ET

I just now googled who the hell hos dude is. I did not waste a second watching or listening to him speak. However I did read his athletic background. I think he’d run through Punk easily. He’s an e-celeb and I agree with whoever said they wouldn’t care too much for a token freak show fight. I’m sketchy he is worthy but if he seriously trained I’m sure he could be a solid fighter on some level. He did go to states in a tough division in Ohio a couple times and was a Alll American linebacker.   I’ll take that over Punk all day b

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Abdul-Kareem Al Sewady And Amin Youb Join The Main Card In A Welterweight Bout
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull