Topic: Regulation, USADA, & PEDs

Jon Jones turned rat; snitched his way into a reduced sentence.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

09.20.2018 | 2:00 AM ET

Apparently despite submitting twelve different substances for evaluation, Jones was unable to prove that his positive sample was the result of a tainted substance. The reduced sentence is owing to information given on another individual(s) that USADA considers 'valuable' (i.e, it has either led to or is going to lead to a conviction/convictions). 

Here's the specific clause in question (10.6.1.1)

USADA in its sole discretion may suspend all or part of the period of Ineligibility and other Consequences imposed in an individual case in which it has results management authority where the Athlete or other Person has provided Substantial Assistance to USADA or another Anti-Doping Organization, criminal authority or professional disciplinary body which results in: (i) USADA or another Anti-Doping Organization discovering or bringing forward an Anti-Doping Policy Violation by another Person and the information provided by the Person providing Substantial Assistance is made available to USADA, or (ii) which results in a criminal or disciplinary body discovering or bringing forward a criminal offense or the breach of professional rules committed by another Person and the information provided by the Person providing Substantial Assistance is made available to USADA. The extent to which the otherwise applicable period of Ineligibility and other Consequences imposed may be suspended shall be based on the seriousness of the Anti-Doping Policy Violation committed by the Athlete or other Person and the significance of the Substantial Assistance provided by the Athlete or other Person to the effort to eliminate doping in sport.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 12 hours, and 53 minutes from now.

Responses

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

09.20.2018 | 9:54 AM ET

Such ********. The UFC is literally allowing Jon Jones to cheat while forcing other fighters to be clean. It such ********. They are not even testing him now. So he can't be trusted to pass the test, so now there just not testing him.  With this on top of it, it just so ******* ridiculous.

* Edited at 09.20.2018, 9:55 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

09.20.2018 | 10:28 AM ET

The worst part about this whole thing (and i dont personally care about steroid use) is that the ufc and specifically dana were trying to cover the fact that it was jon snitching on other people that got the reduction. Dana was trying to explain it as usada didnt think he was trying to cheat. That shows how gullable usada is. 

Jones is a guy who doesnt deserve a break. He is a bad person but hey look at the business they are in. 

"Where are my shoes?"

mbach4307
mbach4307

09.20.2018 | 10:36 AM ET

What makes it worse is that the mma "journalists" arent actively reporting that he snitched. The two that come to mind are brett and ariel who didnt report it at all. Both work for espn. Things that make you go hmm? Again i care more about bus drivers airline pilots surgeons teachers train engineers etc drug use, not athletes. Biggest waste of taxpayer dollars was having those moronic baseball players testifying in front of congress. Who really deep down gives a hoot?

Edit: but it is fun to talk about. Mma is the gift that keeps giving. Same with the nfl

* Edited at 09.20.2018, 10:36 AM ET *

"Where are my shoes?"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

09.20.2018 | 11:32 PM ET

Not surprised about reporters who don't report things. It just hurts their careers to.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.21.2018 | 3:58 AM ET

Ariel was already known as the ufc puppet.
Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

09.21.2018 | 9:53 AM ET

Jon has always messed himself up, no reason to think it will be different here. I givem 2 years this time before some more ******** happens. 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

09.21.2018 | 10:41 AM ET

They bend over backwards for Jones but still always screw over Nick Diaz for something not even threatening towards others.

Sad.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

09.21.2018 | 2:42 PM ET

^No kidding didn't even think of that. Ridiculous what happened to Nick after looking back now.

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

mbach4307
mbach4307

09.21.2018 | 3:59 PM ET

It's also funny about Matt Riddle too. Dana killed that kid in the press. Granted, Matt's problems were self created. If you have a job that doesn't allow the use of weed, don't smoke. It's that simple. But dana came out like the kid was taking drugs that make you stronger and then going out and giving other guys concussions. Which is what Jon Jones did. And then he started telling on everyone else in order to get a lighter sentence. Not because it's the right thing to do, but because he would rather see other people be punished than him actually admitting fault and taking his punishment like a man.

Jon has issues that will follow him after his fighting career is over. They aren't going anywhere and the fact that he keeps getting a break (he should be in prison for the car wreck alone) will end up killing him in the end.

"Where are my shoes?"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

09.21.2018 | 6:51 PM ET

Jon Jones is back the Greatest fighter in MMA histody is back Openweight Jones vs Alien

* Edited at 09.21.2018, 6:54 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

09.21.2018 | 6:53 PM ET

no really though the greatest of all time is back i would heck to be Al Gustaffsson right now the classroom bully is back after suspension and going for the Openweight Rizin title

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Maycee Barber Details Her ‘Scary’ Ordeal With Pneumonia After UFC 299
  • MMA Junkie : John Dodson laments UFC pushing him to 135, thinks he'd knock out Alexandre Pantoja 'right now'
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev For No. 1 Contender To Headline UFC Saudi Arabia
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Tszyu vs Fundora, Romero vs Cruz, and MUCH more!
  • MMAFighting.com : John Kavanagh questions Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul: ‘I don’t think someone approaching 60 needs to be fighting’
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC North American West Coast Trials 2024 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker on fighting Khamzat Chimaev: 'I'm in a great headspace to take another hard fight'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘This is a nice place to fight somebody’: Golfing with Mike Perry on the debut episode of Swing Rounds
  • MMA Mania : Luque Vs. Buckley Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and bareknuckle boxing action March 29-30
  • MMA Junkie : UFC announces multiyear deal for twice-annual events in Perth starting with UFC 305
  • MMA Mania : UFC 305 Headed Down Under To Perth
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Coach counters Daniel Cormier’s Islam Makhachev claim, says ‘nobody is more dangerous’ than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 305 lands in Perth, Australia on Aug. 17
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC Saudi Arabia Fight Card, ABC Lineup
  • MMA Mania : Never Mind! Colby Won’t Fight Down For Garry
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia