Topic: UFC 228

Tyron Woodley V.S Darren Till, also a bit about myself

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  64
  • Post Score: 30

09.09.2018 | 8:38 AM ET

I want to say that I'm happy for Tyron Woodley who against all odds yet again defeted a fighter at his own game. 2 former pro career strikers got out striked by Tyron Woodley. I haven't felt this happy for a victory since Daniel Cormier defeated Stipe Miocic which wasn't too long ago.

Now my last post was on Tyron Woodley countering those low side kicks and maybe showing us another way to do so but they where completely absent from the fight. It could be perhaps of Tyrons speed & Wrestling that put fear to throw that technique which is very probable, considering Woodley was level changing and feinting a lot also shooting in to sweep till from the single leg intimidated him to not throw it despite Tyron only getting over-under to double-under hooks. 

I would like to also add by no means am I a fight master nor am I currently at the gym going hard with sparring rounds. I'm currently studying, learning and looking to create things. My only credential is a fu**king Tae Kwon Do yellow belt which is just one belt passed orange.  Which orange is just one belt above white belt. Despite that I did however spar ALOT. If not wrestling then I was focusing for the most part on my Boxing. I wanted that window of opportunity to counter from far to an in pocket range with my hands creating ways of denying any chance of dealing with long range kicks with my Boxing which at the time I was studying Ramage Jackson, Rashad Evans & Vitor Belfort. 

I was just more interested in Boxing & Wrestling being 
1) They both dictate the fight
2) They work almost seamlessly 
3) It's the blue print to the basics of fighting in general

If my wrestling wasn't the best answer my Boxing had plenty. 

As counterintuitive as it sounds and or seems, yes. I was able to go to a Tae Kwon Do gym and learn/sharpen techniques in my case specifically Boxing & Wrestling.  Now this isn't to say thats all I know and practiced. The gym is really diverse and had alot of other people from different background styles in it. I moved along and started practicing my kicking technique in general. I was at the Time studying Mirko Cro Cop, Lyoto Machida & Ernesto Hoost. 

I wanted that strong over the top head kick like Mirko Cro Cop but have a strong chopping low kick like Hoost also have thag quick lead body or stabbing push kick like Lyoto Machida. But at the same time I knew I could get my leg caught and taken down. So thats where my wrestling came into play or rather anti wrestling. 

I'm not a complicated book by any means but I'd like to believe I'm adaptable being I want to focus on the basics and look for patterns with anything. Like how a Hook punch is a spinning back head kick. or an axe kick is basically the legs version of an overhand. I think I typed way to much tk expect someone to read. I'm ganna end it here. 

if anyone reads to this point then I have to say I'm extremely appreciative and thank you for your time in reading any of this. 

"Adorable little tough guy" - loudenSwain aka the sus gay bottom drunk guy

UFC 228
  • Saturday 09.08.2018 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: FX
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: American Airlines Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,714,556
  • Attendance: 14,073
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 130,000 | TV Ratings: 560,000 avg. viewers (FX prelims, 683k peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Tyron Woodley   defeats   Darren Till   via Submission, D'arce Choke   4:19 Round 2 of 5, 9:19 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Karolina Kowalkiewicz   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Zabit Magomedsharipov   defeats   Brandon Davis   via Submission, Kneebar   3:46 Round 2 of 3, 8:46 Total Bout Page
Jimmie Rivera   defeats   John Dodson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abdul Razak Alhassan   defeats   Niko Price   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:43 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tatiana Suarez   defeats   Carla Esparza   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:33 Round 3 of 3, 14:33 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Cody Stamann   via Submission, Kneebar   3:42 Round 2 of 3, 8:42 Total Bout Page
Geoff Neal   defeats   Frank Camacho   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   1:23 Round 2 of 3, 6:23 Total Bout Page
Darren Stewart   defeats   Charles Byrd   via KO/TKO, Right Elbow   2:17 Round 2 of 3, 7:17 Total Bout Page
Diego Sanchez   defeats   Craig White   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jim Miller   defeats   Alex White   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Irene Aldana   defeats   Lucie Pudilová   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jarred Brooks   defeats   Roberto Sanchez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

09.09.2018 | 6:07 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 1801st

I'm no fan of Woodley  but fair play to him, that was a great performance.I don't think that was the best Till however, and WW simply isn't the right place for him. He looked emaciated at the weigh in, and muddled during the fight. The punch that floored him wasn't a big one, and didn't have a lot of travel on it. He should have been able to weather that one but I believe was just too dehydrated. Needs to go to MW ASAP.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 22 hours, and 56 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

09.09.2018 | 6:53 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 2067th

So you made a thread to brag about another post where you made, predicting one fight correctly?  

Well that’s very neat and special. Congrats on your victorious moment and welcome to fantasy mma and the forums. 

When you’re ready, feel free to try to enter a few predictions...like more than one, maybe..when you’re ready. I know, it can be intimidating. 

Now, enough about you. Onwards to things I actually care about. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

09.10.2018 | 1:38 PM ET

You seem to have mistaken the purpose of this post. There was not one part of me bragging about any prediction I made because I didn't make one and nor was a prediction made in my last post.

These post where ment to give more thoughts on the low side kick and oblique kick being I thought it would be used by Till against Woodley however they weren't and I simply stated why. 

I never bragged about anything and if I did just simply quote it and I'll adress it. 

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

09.10.2018 | 2:49 PM ET

I'm not really expecting a legit rebuttal so in the famous words of you

"Now enough about you. Onwards to things I actually care about" - loudenSwain

See what I did there? I used your own tool against you except my use of it actually has purpose to it. 

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

09.10.2018 | 5:11 PM ET

“You seem to have mistaken the purpose of this post. “

That’s very possible...probable even. I didn’t really real it. Just kinda skimmed it and it was less interesting of the other thread. It would’ve been better served as a post in the OG but certainly not worthy of an entire other thread. 

“There was not one part of me bragging about any prediction I made because I didn't make one and nor was a prediction made in my last post.”

Irregardless, you certainly talked a lot about yourself and credentials. This is a prediction based forum. Perhaps you mistaken the purpose of my thread: make some predictions and breakdowns then I’ll be more inclined to read several paragraphs about you and your credentials. Gotta get some forum cred first. Even then I still may tease you. It helps with my insecurities. 

“These post where ment to give more thoughts on the low side kick and oblique kick being I thought it would be used by Till against Woodley however they weren't and I simply stated why. “

Again, would’ve been solid post in same thread. I agree with your views towards the kick and game plan and approach of Till. I liked your other post and thumbs upped it. This one I thought had a solid point, before the backound info. Also to repeatedly post redundancies, same thread, brotha. 

“I never bragged about anything and if I did just simply quote it and I'll adress it. “

Perhaps. Yet that could be debatable. Kinda depends on how you view your ramblings about yourself before getting me to care without any prediction experience or success here. 

“I'm not really expecting a legit rebuttal” ”

Samezees!  I’m not expecting much either!

“so in the famous words of you”

Thank you. I appreciate you recognizing my celebrity 

"Now enough about you. Onwards to things I actually care about" - loudenSwain

That is the best quote of the thread and possibly one of the greatest in forum history. You’re free to continue to use it.  Imitation is the best form of flattery. However, you may possibly want to consider using it correctly. Like I wasn’t talking about myself, other than my disinterest in your credentials without making predictions. 

“See what I did there?”

Yes. Yes I did. That’s why I helped you, so next time you do it correctly. 

“I used your own tool against you except my use of it actually has purpose to it. “

Well you most certainly tried I guess.  I didn’t feel affected by any conflict or tool used to convey any purpose    It actually would’ve had to be used correctly to use the tool properly and shed purpose. Yet, I’m not trying to work against you. I’m only trying to help you, friend. Sorry you mistaken my purpose. 

Again, welcome to fantasy MMA and the forums. I wish you well and best of luck in all your future forum endeavors. 

Sincerely,

Swain

* Edited at 09.10.2018, 5:20 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.11.2018 | 12:06 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 900th

Whoa!!! Easy on the white belts swain....  kids trying...
ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

09.11.2018 | 3:35 AM ET

"That’s very possible...probable even. I didn’t really real it. Just kinda skimmed it and it was less interesting of the other thread. It would’ve been better served as a post in the OG but certainly not worthy of an entire other thread. "

I honestly couldn't care less if you don't find it worthy of a thread post. It's here and as long as I didn't break any rules as far as I'm concerned it's staying.

"Irregardless, you certainly talked a lot about yourself and credentials."

I was talking about my one credential which is a Tae Kwon Do orange belt which I stated wasn't really worth anything also stating that I am not by any means a fight master. I wasn't bragging. Anything bellow was pretty much just me talking about my earlier days in training. Showing people you don't have to be some master to create a possible solution on a technique not many people appear to have an answer for. 

"This is a prediction based forum. Perhaps you mistaken the purpose of my thread: make some predictions and breakdowns then I’ll be more inclined to read several paragraphs about you and your credentials. Gotta get some forum cred first." 

It's not a prediction based forum. I'm not really into predicting so if you're recomending me to predict fights to gain you as a viewer...No, you don't have to read it nor do I care if you don't. 

"Even then I still may tease you. It helps with my insecurities"

I'm sorry to hear you have insecurities. I have some myself. I'm fat, there's one. 

"Again, would’ve been solid post in same thread."

I made a differen't post because it was the after math and I felt like making a whole new one so I could give some people insight on who I am. 

"I agree with your views towards the kick and game plan and approach of Till. "

Cool

" I liked your other post and thumbs upped it. This one I thought had a solid point,"

Thank you, that put some light in my already lit day. 

"before the backound info. Also to repeatedly post redundancies, same thread, brotha."

If it's redundant to you, fine. No one's making you view it. But on that same note I'm not going to keep posting on the same forum that I made long ago about a similar subject especially when it's not the only thing I'm talking about. I'm going to make a new one.

"Perhaps. Yet that could be debatable. Kinda depends on how you view your ramblings about yourself before getting me to care without any prediction experience or success here."

If you view them as ramblings that's 110% ok. Again I'm not looking to gain you specifically, so if you don't want to view it, ok. 

"Samezees!  I’m not expecting much either!"

Meh, doesn't really have to be much. 

"Thank you. I appreciate you recognizing my celebrity"

"My celebrity" ?

Celebrity = A famous person - Google

I appreciate you for recognizing my a famous person?...My stardom would've been perfect. You have my permission to use that next time

"That is the best quote of the thread and possibly one of the greatest in forum history. You’re free to continue to use it."  

Thanks, probably have no use for it now but I'll keep that in mind.

"Imitation is the best form of flattery."

Complete hypocrisy. You didn't even give credit to the originator of this quote almost acting like it's yours. That's plagiarism. - another joke

"However, you may possibly want to consider using it correctly. Like I wasn’t talking about myself, other than my disinterest in your credentials without making predictions." 

I don't have to make a prediction to talk about myself nor talk about how the fight went. I don't know how your brain works. 

"Yes. Yes I did. That’s why I helped you, so next time you do it correctly."

I don't have use for it. 

"Well you most certainly tried I guess.  I didn’t feel affected by any conflict or tool used to convey any purpose    It actually would’ve had to be used correctly to use the tool properly and shed purpose."

Just one of those times I sat back in my chair and let my thumbs do the work for me. If you didn't feel affected, cool. Not used for conflict. Just giving you back what you gave me. It's not that big of a deal.

"Yet, I’m not trying to work against you."

With me or against me it doesn't matter. I usually welcome you either way. You specifically have this disingenuous passive aggressiveness to you. But I'm not one to judge. 

"I’m only trying to help you, friend. Sorry you mistaken my purpose"

No thanks. I don't know you and as far as my post go I'm doing ok in my opinion.

"Again, welcome to fantasy MMA and the forums. I wish you well and best of luck in all your future forum endeavors" 

Thanks for being so welcoming but I'll stick to posting on Tapology. 

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.11.2018 | 3:38 AM ET

Give each other a chance, I say. Swain's OK. I've had run-ins with him in the past but he's a good dude at the end of all things. You seem cool too.

Try turning up for a live event and shooting the **** with your fellow Tapologists. It's good for site relations :D
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 22 hours, and 56 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

09.11.2018 | 1:22 PM ET

@concretecracker i think we all get some static as white belts. I guess cause most white belts show up for a month and then disapeer. Fish is right swain is ok. U nailed him perfectly though passivve aggressive is him to a t. Count your blessings u battled with swain and not masserbruce. I'm sure bruce runs alot of white belts off the forums. All good people in the end. We're all just way too pasionate aboute fighting. Fighting in mma fighting in real life fighting on the boards it's ****en crazy man.

@fish i've wonderd if all the regs on the boards got together at a ufc event if everyone would walk out friends or enemies or alive or dead. Great ****en time that would b for sure.
ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

09.11.2018 | 2:12 PM ET

I appreciate and respect your opinion

Honestly I have no problem with anyone. Swain with all due respect gave his opinion which was hard to comprehend via (the english and the way he worded it) but it was just his subjective opinion on how I should run things which I don't agree with. 

As the old saying goes, if I didn't do anything wrong there should be nothing for me to hide from. So if this "masser bruce" maybe one day tries a simular tactic to that of Swain It will 110% get the same attention. There's no dirt, rule breaking nor bad intent with my post. As long as I keep following those exact and or similar set of moral guidelines I'm staying. 

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

09.11.2018 | 7:01 PM ET

Those two will be friends with anyone who will talk to them. They need the help and reassurance. 

Phish and free$ come to the rescue, as I hurt their feelings early in there Tapology careers as well.  I guess?  Don’t really remember. These “run ins” must not have been a solid meaningful to me. 

Either way, you fellas are all ok kids, I’ll assume. Good to see some comaraderie amongst the newer fellas. I like that. 

If you guys get 2 or 3 more you might have half the brain to out wit me with. 

Haha. ;)

“So if this "masser bruce" maybe one day tries a simular tactic to that of Swain It will 110% get the same attention”

That’s the new bestest most funniest thing I’ve read maybe anywhere ever..cause like he really learned me good.   Also, what the hell is 110% mean. Isn’t that an impossible % or is it lie outta 200 or 1000% or something. 

Either way I like it.   I thumbs upped that post for hilarity reasons. 

Seriously guys though, can we just be nice to each other and not pick on me every time I lovingly tease people?  It’s very stressful and hurtful.  Don’t be so sensitive. 

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

09.11.2018 | 7:08 PM ET

@free$ I haven’t met anyone for. This site I can think of but I’ve met up with some FC and junkie guys at events a few times over the years. 

It’s awesome crushing beers with other fantasy guys live at an event. Lots of fun **** talk all in good fun. 

Junkie has a annual gathering actually. 

No on should take any of this too cerise and get but hurt. Though, if they do it probably amuse me. 

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,796  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

09.11.2018 | 7:49 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 720 Points   |   Tied for 30th with 2 others

"..."

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

09.11.2018 | 8:47 PM ET

." That’s the new bestest most funniest thing I’ve read maybe anywhere ever..cause like he really learned me good.   Also, what the hell is 110% mean. Isn’t that an impossible % or is it lie outta 200 or 1000% or something. "

I learned you good? - Your wording issue I was talking about.

Isn't 110% impossible? - Disingenuous to how this wasn't ment to be taken litteral. This was appearent reaching.

"Either way I like it.   I thumbs upped that post for hilarity reasons." 

Thanks, if you got a kick out of it I'm glad I could brighten your day. We both win I guess. 

"Seriously guys though, can we just be nice to each other and not pick on me every time I lovingly tease people?  It’s very stressful and hurtful.  Don’t be so sensitive."

You seem to have a bipolar type personality with passive aggressive and disengenous traits. 

I myself am not really sensitive in real life and I especially don't take text to heart. Unless it's said to my face which I very well know wont happen for obvious reasons, there's no point in really caring. People that talk garbage on the internet have a habbit to keep it to the internet.

"It’s awesome crushing beers with other fantasy guys live at an event. Lots of fun **** talk all in good fun."

From logic to purpose that's all this is, internet **** talk.

"No on should take any of this too cerise and get but hurt. Though, if they do it probably amuse me."

Grrr....I'm mad. Take that how you want it. 

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.11.2018 | 11:01 PM ET

@Swain I don't know about being friends wit anyone who will talk to me, but yeah, I'll talk to anyone who engages me fairly and with respect.I'll always reciprocate good will. Not interested in wailing on anyone. Never have, been, never will be--and anyone who does is either insecure or lacking in some social capacity.

* Edited at 09.11.2018, 11:06 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

09.11.2018 | 11:26 PM ET

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

09.11.2018 | 11:46 PM ET

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

09.13.2018 | 4:02 PM ET

The way the mma has evolved, GSP is the most accomplished ww of all time, but I think the best version of Woodley knocks out the best version of GSP. Just call it a hunch.

"Where are my shoes?"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

09.14.2018 | 12:19 AM ET

@swain I love and hate everyone and everything at the same time....
If i ever met u in real life i'd say whats up shake your hand and shoot for a double leg.

@concrete good for u homey dont let the bullies on the boards get to u.

@fish .................................sup!

@mbach I agree %100

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200