Topic: Fantasy & Games

Is there a Draftkings Tapology league?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rotojohn
rotojohn
  • Predictions:  238,249  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 279

09.04.2018 | 6:39 PM ET

Just wondering if there is a Draftking Tapology league that is set up or if one can be setup. I think it would be fun to play for some cash.

Responses

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

09.04.2018 | 7:44 PM ET

I’d play

I used to run a pay pal league with a bunch of guys from the Fight Club league split to HQ (RIP), junkie, weekly (RIP) & bonesnapper (RIP). 

Those were all H2H leagues but I’d take the total from x amount of events and we’d do 20$ Donations . 3 place got buy in for next round 2 place remaining 25% and 1st remaining 75%. 

We’d run it in  a 5 event stretch or so. We used to hit 20 guys or so then it eventually slipped off and we were gonna revamp buy in and pay outs. We never really got it back rolling. Though, I know a could easily text/email/pm a few of those dudes and a couple chicks as well. 

Not sure how many but a I know I could get a few from mmajunkie’s JFF and possibly playground.  There has been talk of running this back. PayPal takes a larger % themselves now too but I e been debating doing it again. 

If we made a league, hypothetically, we could take the scores right off topology’s scoring. We would the have to come up with etched in stone tiebreakers and not waiver on them. 

Those guys would do the JFF scoring of lock order points + winner + method + round. You need the winner to score but you can hedge round-3 and get those 3 points for a dec. 

Lock order points:  if there are 11fights on a card, you list every winner from 1-11. 1 being your least confident and 11 your most. When you pick a fighter correctly your lock order points to are added to fighter/method/round points. 

Holly ****, I ramble. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

trig
trig
  • Predictions:  5,290  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  286
  • Post Score: 330

09.22.2018 | 4:37 PM ET

So when we gonna quit talking about this a get it going again. 
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

09.22.2018 | 4:43 PM ET

There was a Draft Kings-esque fantasy league that Tapology had in Finishers.  They had to stop it mid beta iirc because of the then legal battle between sites like Draft Kings and Fan Duel and the Federal Gov't over its legal status on whether it should be more harshly regulated like gambling.

"..."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

09.22.2018 | 6:57 PM ET

@hornet yeah that's basically correct.

We created our own game that was similar to Draftkings of FanDuel.  It was pretty cool and we put a lot of time into building it.  We invited a small number of Tapology users to start beta testing it.  But then before we even finalized and made it publicly available, the **** hit the fan with daily fantasy sports.  State governments started suing the fantasy sites, alleging that this style of game was akin to gambling, etc.

We pulled the plug because it would have been prohibitively expensive and complicated to continue running the game. It just wasn't worth it since we hadn't even officially launched the game yet.

"I live, I die, I live again."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings