Topic: Other Combat Sports

Mayweather vs. McGregor 1 Year Anniversary

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

WorstPredictionMan
WorstPredictionMan
  • Predictions:  1,156  |  35.6%
  • Forum Posts:  343
  • Post Score: 675

08.26.2018 | 11:20 AM ET

One year ago today, Conor McGregor made his boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather.

It wasn’t a dream. This actually happened.

It was the single most important event in human history.

Floyd Mayweather retired undefeated (50-0) and got the money he needed to pay the IRS.

Conor McGregor didn’t embarrass himself inside the ring. His performance actually exceeded expectations but even if he did get KO’d in thirteen seconds, $100,000,000 can buy a lot of custom suits to go around.

Everyone thought the match itself was entertaining: boxing fans, MMA fans, people who don’t watch either, and the hardcore fans telling the world online how much they don’t give a **** and how much this will ruin the credibility of both sports. You know who you are.

You guys bought the PPV in HD at a huge discount (basically a steal) and lucky for you, the less money you paid for Mayweather/McGregor, the fewer streaming issues you had.

So everybody came away as a winner if you ignore few details.

I don’t think we appreciate Mayweather/McGregor enough. It really helped boxing and the UFC. It brought in new fans interested in Alvarez/GGG three weeks later. It was the first time in a while that I haven’t seen the phrase “Boxing is dead” online. And obviously without this fight, we wouldn’t be seeing Mayweather/McGregor 2 in the Octagon in the near future.

"There goes WorstPredictionMan, the greatest predictor who ever lived."

Responses

WorstPredictionMan
WorstPredictionMan
  • Predictions:  1,156  |  35.6%
  • Forum Posts:  343
  • Post Score: 675

08.26.2018 | 11:20 AM ET

I said Mayweather/McGregor was going to happen from the very start and none of you ************s believed me. I still don’t understand why you keep on doubting me when I’ve always told the truth. Truth is truth, is it not?

Do you remember that time when the ******* world ended in 2011? I ******* called that ****.

God only made one thing perfect: my predictions.

People are always saying about the talk and I talk and I talk and I talk but GUESS FOOKIN’ WOT? I BACK IT UP!

I BACK IT UP!

"There goes WorstPredictionMan, the greatest predictor who ever lived."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

08.26.2018 | 11:45 AM ET

Conor + Floyd = The SuperStar Oreo of a generation "We are ONE now. Yes, now conjoined and known as "The Others" (synthetic siamese twins) the Greatest Combat Super Stars of generation will now enthrall the masses with their new weekly comedy hit blip "The SuperStar Siamese Twins: Sunday Laugh o' Rama 2 tweak dha sistum"

order right NOW

* Edited at 08.26.2018, 11:46 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

08.26.2018 | 11:49 AM ET

in all seriousality and executive procedures tho, Rhonda Rousey is way greater than either of these skunky flunk oreo twins. Rhonda still brings pleasure sensuality and appeasement to Lab rats via their dumb phones and wallet screens every moment pleasue allow the pleasuring 2 con tin u Trav

taht means more than any PPV points to someone like me who is lonesome and just needs a place to rest easy for the night is all. gots me a quarter pence o' Gold n i aint swappin it for no ones! i 

* Edited at 08.26.2018, 11:52 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.28.2018 | 11:01 AM ET

Interesting threads, WW.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

brianstringer71
brianstringer71
  • Predictions:  2,128  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 217

08.29.2018 | 5:11 PM ET

Did anyone see McGregor's reply to Mayweather offering to train him?

"No matter where you go, there you are."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

08.29.2018 | 5:34 PM ET

@Brian yeah, Mcgregor has declined apparently.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 17 hours, and 54 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Espen Mathiesen And Leon Larman Lead The Jiu-Jitsu Main Event In Paris
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For High Rollerz 420 Show 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Who Wins ‘Coked Out’ Garcia Vs. Jones?
  • MMA Mania : Oliveira Thought Tsarukyan ‘Went Out’ In Late Choke Attempt
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Relive all of Conor McGregor's octagon wins in full before UFC 303 return
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Alex Pereira can become MMA GOAT if he wins UFC heavyweight title
  • MMA Mania : ‘Undeserving’ Harrison ‘Ran Away From Pacheco And Cyborg’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal face off in front of rowdy Miami crowd
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heads to Louisville for Fight Night card on June 8
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference