Topic: UFC Fight Night 135

There's other sites and social media group that don't downvote solid post.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

08.25.2018 | 7:38 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 795 Points   |   Tied for 13th with 3 others

UFC Fight Night 135
  • Saturday 08.25.2018 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Fox Sports 1 | Prelims: Fox Sports 2
  • Name: UFC Fight Night 135: Gaethje vs. Vick
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Lincoln
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Pinnacle Bank Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $478,337
  • Attendance: 6,409
  • TV Ratings: 596,000 avg. viewers
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Justin Gaethje   defeats   James Vick   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:27 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Michael Johnson   defeats   Andre Fili   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Cortney Casey   defeats   Angela Hill   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bryan Barberena   defeats   Jake Ellenberger   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:26 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   John Moraga   via KO/TKO, Body Punch   3:08 Round 2 of 3, 8:08 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   defeats   Tim Williams   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   4:42 Round 3 of 3, 14:42 Total Bout Page
James Krause   defeats   Warlley Alves   via KO/TKO, Knee and Punches   2:28 Round 2 of 3, 7:28 Total Bout Page
Cory Sandhagen   defeats   Iuri Alcântara   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:01 Round 2 of 3, 6:01 Total Bout Page
Andrew Sanchez   defeats   Markus Perez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mickey Gall   defeats   George Sullivan   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:09 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Joanne Wood   defeats   Kalindra Faria   via Submission, Triangle-armbar   4:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Drew Dober   defeats   Jon Tuck   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rani Yahya   defeats   Luke Sanders   via Submission, Heel Hook   1:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

08.26.2018 | 12:11 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 742nd

I am Star - Travis Brun

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar

08.26.2018 | 1:54 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 795 Points   |   Tied for 13th with 3 others

I didn't intend on starting a thread for this I was trying to post in the UFC Lincoln thread but seems like everyone that post anything gets downvoted even if it's a decent post. Talking about a turn off...

I suppose there must be too much activity on these threads. I'll just chime into one of a few closed Facebook groups, twitter, etc. for future events.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,850  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

08.26.2018 | 2:19 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 958th

Don't let a few errant down votes deter you man!

Tapology is still good times. Puzzling downvotes and all. 
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

08.26.2018 | 3:56 PM ET

When ever Feel like not are Super Star-- Always remember I am with you -- always remember I am Super Star - Valentina

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

08.26.2018 | 3:57 PM ET

Like this comment

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

08.26.2018 | 7:24 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1336th

Detroit dont let it get u down man. Tapology is great because of the hardcore fans like u and
and alias, masserbruce, impfishrat, mulefloyd, greenhornet, spud, dtrain, poirer, gregory skheli shoalin hyrm the list goes on and on us real fans make tap the best mma site hands down. Dont let the cancerous casuals bother u. They are ****aroachs here today gone tomorrow. At least u got a positive post score. But yeah the voting **** is garbage at least if it wasnt anonymous we could confront our accusers and then their would b less downvoters. Either way hope to c u back. All u guys give me knowledge and different points of views i would never think of otherwise.

And brybry loudanswain mbach zuluzani yasdas ****en list goes on and on.
Tapology boys forever.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

08.26.2018 | 7:29 PM ET

Even wasteland knows what he is talking about....when he takes his medication.
Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar

08.26.2018 | 9:55 PM ET

I upvoted you all here. 

Its just weird. One post in particular was after Rani subbed Sanders. I simply stated he deserves a nice step up in competition such as Brian Kelleher or Alejandro Perez and then the downvotes started. I realize I'm no Sean Shelby or Maynard but those fights to make sounded decent. Didn't realize my post score. I'm not really big on that. Cool feature and all but I like this site for it's fighter database and various regional shows. I'm far from a casual I think.lol I follow PFL, AXS TV fights, RIZIN, Invicta, Cage Warriors, ACB, Titan, Pancrase, TKO, Brave CF, BAMMA, Bellator to name a few. 

Thanks for the kind words though fellas.
Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,182  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

08.26.2018 | 10:10 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 885th

The up/down system really is stupid at this point. I agree that we should be able to see who up/down votes your posts. You have those annoying trolls that just go through and dislike every post (as someone did in this thread lmao). 

This site is full of intelligent, true MMA fans who really love the sport. Then there’s also the people that have no ******* clue what they’re talking about. I like to think that I’m a hardcore fan, I’m just not very active on here anymore. This is definitely the best place to come to to talk to real fans and have conversations about the sport, and that’s awesome. I don’t really care about the voting system, getting down voted doesn’t bother me. It just seems pointless now. 

* Edited at 08.26.2018, 10:11 PM ET *

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  34,341  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,404
  • Post Score: 322

08.26.2018 | 10:34 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 303rd

The voting system has created some of the greatest threads on this site. It's been very entertaining over the years to see so many upset over something that really shouldn't matter. This isn't the first time it's been brought up and it surely won't be the last.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

08.27.2018 | 12:16 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 991st

I know how to fix the voting system, which as it stands is just a mechanism for trolling, and a stupid children's game of tit for tat. People are downvoting good posts because they're pissed off about something said to them in a completely unrelated thread, and the whole thing is ridiculous.

It's very simple really;every member gets allocated a specific number of downvotes per annum. If you put a cap on them, then you give them a value, and people will spend them with much greater discrimination--which will result in more meaningful downvoting, and an end to 'carry on' and spam downvoting.

* Edited at 08.27.2018, 12:18 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 17 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar

08.27.2018 | 1:04 AM ET

I've only been a member for 6 years and have 1,183 post which breaks down to 0.54 post per day. 

I'll see if I can lower my average of post per day down. And just worry about my pick %. That's the best solution i can come up with. Nothing better than threads that lose posters right? 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

08.27.2018 | 11:26 PM ET

@oldnick the voting system doesn't create good threads it discourages and annoys people enough not to post.
Threads would kind of suck if no one posted. Or if people post walking on egg shells cause of stupid votes.

Fans who care about mma create the good threads. We're not running for president so **** the voting system.

Its sad u get enjoyment from people getting annoyed by downvotes. hope the downvote i gave u brings u joy.

Thought this site was about mma? Guess not. vote away *****'s lol.

Stupid people are gonna act stupid.

* Edited at 08.27.2018, 11:38 PM ET *

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  34,341  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,404
  • Post Score: 322

08.28.2018 | 6:23 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 303rd

Thank you for the down vote @freemoneyforall. It doesn't matter to me because it has no real importance or value, which you don't seem to understand yet.

"the voting system doesn't create good threads it discourages and annoys people enough not to post."

******** the downvoting fiasco thread was an all time great.

"Threads would kind of suck if no one posted. Or if people post walking on egg shells cause of stupid votes."

I'm sure the majority of people who think twice about posting something online are worried about "down votes". 

"Fans who care about mma create the good threads."

That's debatable.

"Its sad u get enjoyment from people getting annoyed by downvotes. hope the downvote i gave u brings u joy."

You can't control it so what the **** does it matter? Ignore it and move on.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

08.28.2018 | 6:27 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 349th

The most annoying thing about forums nowadays are all these white belts posting their fight predictions. Or the disgusting infidels that post RIGHT before the fights are about to start like "hey I know you're trying to enjoy fights that are minutes from starting but HERE, take some nonsense breakdowns from clueless individuals in your face first!" 

Stop it. 

* Edited at 08.28.2018, 6:31 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 6 months, 1 week, 6 days, 6 hours, and 31 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

08.28.2018 | 8:34 PM ET

@oldnick the point is that voting has nothing to do with mma. but your right about a couple things.
I haven't been around long enough to know what the down voting fiasco thread is but all im saying is its
Counter productive. Little losers with nothing better to do go around down voting. Most of them dont even post.
Nor do they even have an opinion or a love of mma. They r just losers with too much time on there hands. Like trolls and it just makes the website worse. of course nobody really gives a **** when it comes down to it. I still post what i wanna post when i wanna post it. I still call all voters ****ets when i want too. Only the all seeing eye in the sky greg can stop me. I only complain about it because i can see that dsuperstar aint the only one who goes somewhere else to post meaning a guy like him who contributes to making the site better is discouraged by stupid ****s who make the site worse and contribute nothing. He aint the only one neither. Guys like u dont really care about sharing info or exchanging opinions and ideas on the forums. U probebly barely care about mma at all anymore and thats fine but u shouldn't ruin it for those of us who do.
Masserbruce also contributes to the site so its annoying to c people downvote him for saying hello to the people in the thread. fishrat and mbach post updates to the site about current mma news and get downvoted. 
Its ****en stupid bro thats all. Personally i could care less if i get a million downvotes from a million ****s with nothing better to do. But when those votes send good mma fans elsewhere it makes the site worse. 
And That bugs me. I love tap its a comunity of a couple hundred mma fans like me who care about the sport 
Minus a couple thousand ****s who could give a **** about tap or mma and it would b incredible.

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,457  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

08.28.2018 | 9:41 PM ET

Bill Burgess lives forever

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,796  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

08.31.2018 | 12:55 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 1193rd

I second what @oldnick said.  Down voting means **** all and those who take it ******* seriously are mentally thick in the head.  This place isn't one big popularity contest.  It's a place to voice your mind about MMA with other fans.

* Edited at 08.31.2018, 12:55 AM ET *

"..."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

08.31.2018 | 11:18 PM ET

@greenhornet then why have voting at all?
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,796  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

08.31.2018 | 11:20 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 1193rd

@freemoney

To **** with people who actually take that **** seriously, I would assume. 

"..."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’