Topic: UFC Fight Night 138

UFC Fight Night 138: Volkan vs. Smith

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,999
  • Post Score: 47

07.18.2018 | 5:15 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night 138
  • Saturday 10.27.2018 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Fox Sports 1 | Prelims: Fox Sports 2
  • Name: UFC Fight Night 138: Volkan vs. Smith
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Moncton
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Moncton Events Centre
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Dan Hardy, Jimmy Smith, Brendan Fitzgerald
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Dan Hardy
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $526,741
  • Attendance: 6,282
  • TV Ratings: 531,000 avg. viewers (805k peak, 237k FS2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Anthony Smith   defeats   Volkan Oezdemir   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:26 Round 3 of 5, 14:26 Total Bout Page
Michael Johnson   defeats   Artem Lobov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Misha Cirkunov   defeats   Patrick Cummins   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   2:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Andre Soukhamthath   defeats   Jonathan Martinez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gian Villante   defeats   Ed Herman   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Court McGee   defeats   Alex Garcia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sean Strickland   defeats   Nordine Taleb   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:10 Round 2 of 3, 8:10 Total Bout Page
Nasrat Haqparast   defeats   Thibault Gouti   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Calvin Kattar   defeats   Chris Fishgold   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Talita Bernardo   defeats   Sarah Moras   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Don Madge   defeats   Te Edwards   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   0:14 Round 2 of 3, 5:14 Total Bout Page
Arjan Bhullar   defeats   Marcelo Golm   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Stevie Ray   defeats   Jessin Ayari   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

Down Hill
Down Hill
  • Predictions:  2,981  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 142

10.15.2018 | 10:37 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 398th

Oezdemir vs. Smith
Volkan Oezdemir, TKO, R3
I got Volkan by KO within 3 rounds. Why? 1.) I can see Volkan absorbing Anthony's power punches with no problem, not the other way around. 2.) Anthony Smith has looked good in recent performance but they were against old veterans. If you look at his fights in 2017 & 2018 you'll see he beat old guys with glass chin such as Rashad Evans, Shogun, an old short Hector Lombard. He wasn't able to KO Hector until rd 2 & wasn't able to KO the wrestler, Andrew Sanchez, until rd 3. He also loss to Thiago Santos by body kick in rd 2. In contrast, Volkan with the full distance with OSP & KO'ed Misha Cirkunov and Jimi Manuwa. He loss to DC in rd 2 by submission but he did pretty good in the stand-up during rd 1 up until DC took him down. 3.) Volkan is younger by 1 year & has less mma mileage on his body compared to Anthony Smith. 4.) The more well rounded striker is Anthony & he uses more tools in his striking arsenal but the harder puncher from what I can see is Volkan. They are both a good styllistic matchup for one another. Neither will take the other one down & if there were to be grappling involved it would be short moments of clinching. So yeah, my main reason for picking Volkan over Anthony is due to punching power & who has a better chin.

Lobov vs. Johnson
Michael Johnson, DEC
I got Michael Johnson winning by decision. They are both pretty one-dimensional in mma. Both are strikers, specifically boxers. MJ has faster hands, more crisp in his striking, and has more footwork. Also, MJ has fought & beaten tougher competition (ex. dustin p.) as well as losing to them (ex. justin gaethje). Although MJ is taking this fight on short notice, I don't think his cardio should be of any concerns since he's always fit & the style of his opponent, Artem, isn't known for grappling. They are both a good stylistic match-up for each other. I'm picking MJ to win mainly because he's the faster boxer, longer reach, more footwork, and overall the better mma fighter with the proven record and experience.

Cirkunov vs. Cummins
Patrick Cummins, SUB, R2
I want to pick the homecrowd favorite, MIsha Cirkunov, by KO under 2.5 rounds BUT he's let me down several times before. Ever since he signed a new UFC contract he's gone Down Hill. He got KO'ed by Volkan & then taken down easily by Glover from the clinch position and immediately gave up his back & even allowed Glover to mount him pretty easily with no defense. Glover ended the fight quickly on the ground by tko. Both losses were in rd 1. Watching his 2 previous fights & the in which he loss kinda makes me believe he's purposefully giving up. Regardless, he didn't look good in both fights once things weren't going his way. I want to pick Misha because he's the better striker, younger, better chin, and is physically stronger. However, Patrick is hard to KO, he grinds on opponents with his wrestling, he bleeds easily, chin is questionable... he's hard to KO but he's just barely hanging on in most of his fights... if it weren't for his wrestling & grit he'd be only a few combinations from getting KO'ed. I'm going with the underdog, Patrick Cummins, by tko or submission over 2.5 rounds. Why? Patrick has more heart, better endurance, & he has the wrestling. If glover could take Misha down and have his way with him on the ground, I don't see how Patrick can't either. How I see the fight going down... rd 1 Misha lands punches and kicks on Patrick. Patrick's face will be bruised and busted up easily. However, Patrick will go for desperate takedown attempts from the clinch. He'll eventually be able to land 1 successful takedown and once on the ground I believe Misha will give up like the way he did against Glover. Since Patrick isn't known for brutal ground & pound I believe the fight will go over 2.5 rounds with Patrick eventually winning by submission or tko on a tired Misha Cirkunov.

Soukhamthath vs. Martinez
Andre Soukhamthath, DEC
Not much to say about both men. I got Andre winning by decision or tko over 2.5 rounds. Jonathan is taking this fight on short notice, he's the less experience fighter, & he's at a size disadvantage. Andre is taller and has a slight reach advantage. Although Jonathan has less high level experience than Andre it is worth noting that he went 5 rounds against a guy with a 2-3 record lol. Andre has a good chin... all of his losses went the distance. In his last fight against Sean O' Malley he absorbed all of Sean's shots and kept on coming forward. If Jonathan is going to get the stoppage victory on Andre it's going to have to be by submission. I doubt Jonathan can submit or tko Andre. Jonathan beat a bunch of cans by submission. This is not going to be a good ufc debut if he believes he can pull guard and hope he'll catch Andre by submission off his back. So yeah, I'm going with Andre.

Villante vs. Herman
Gian Villante, DEC
Both guys are at the Down Hill of their career. I'm only picking Gian Villante to win because he's the younger guy with less mma mileage on his body. Not confident on either guys. This is a 50-50 fight.

McGee vs. Garcia
Alex Garcia, DEC
I got Alex Garcia winning by decision or rd 1 KO punch. Although McGee has a lot of losses, he's only been KO'ed once. All the other losses went the full distance. I'm only picking Alex Garcia to win because he's the harder puncher, the more athletic fighter, and imo, the overall more skilled mma fighter. However, similar in physique as Hector Lombard, Alex Garcia has cardio issues. The worst McGee can do to Alex Garcia is in rd 3 take him down when Alex is tired.

Taleb vs. Strickland
Sean Strickland, DEC
I got Sean Strickland winning this fight by decision. Majority of his fights go the full distance. Sean is the more technical boxer & he's the younger guy by 10 years.

Haqparast vs. Gouti
Nasrat Haqparast, TKO, R3
I got kelvin gastelum look-alike winning by tko over 2.5 rounds or by decision. I think after this loss, Thibault Gouti will be released from the UFC.

Kattar vs. Fishgold
Calvin Kattar, DEC
It's either Calvin Kattar win by decision or Chris Fishgold winning by submission over 2.5 rounds. Calvin has the height and reach advantage. These are two good prospects. I got calvin kattar winning by decision. I can see Calvin counter-punching Chris every time he rushes in to close the distance.

Moras vs. Bernardo
Talita Bernardo, SUB, R1
not sure who will win... but this fight has a high chance of ending in submission.

Madge vs. Edwards
Te Edwards, TKO, R1
Te Edwards is the slightly better striker.

Bhullar vs. Golm
Arjan Bhullar, DEC
I got Arjun Bhullar by decision. Wrestling will be the summary of this fight. If Marcelo Golm had trouble with Timothy Johnson's wrestling/clinch he's definitely going to have trouble with Arjan's wrestling. If Marcelo were to win it would be by rd 3 KO punches as arjan bhullar is tired shooting in for takedowns/clinch. However, Marcelo has 0 wins by KO after rd 1. Doubt his endurance will be any better than Arjan's.

Ray vs. Ayari
Stevie Ray, TKO, R1
Jessin is dropping down from welterweight to lightweight,

2018.10.17 2:11 PM ET

bout status update

Lobov vs. Johnson Changed from Rumored to Confirmed
sontan1
sontan1
  • Predictions:  713  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: -100

10.18.2018 | 5:47 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1083rd

Cirkunov vs. Cummins
Patrick Cummins, DEC
Tough fight to call.... coin toss tbh

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,442  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

10.18.2018 | 3:37 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 250th

Oezdemir vs. Smith
Anthony Smith, TKO, R2
Pretty much flip a coin on who's getting KO'd ... Atleast in my head

McGee vs. Garcia
Alex Garcia, DEC
I thought Court McGee Retired???

Taleb vs. Strickland
Sean Strickland, DEC
I've had Taleb picked since the fight was announced, but.... There's just something about the ex KOTC champ that I gotta switch up my pick.. Maaaan, Idk.. I change my mind too much, maybe should just go with my gut

Haqparast vs. Gouti
Nasrat Haqparast, TKO, R2
This should be a no brainer... Haqparast mauls people..

Moras vs. Bernardo
Talita Bernardo, SUB, R1
Should see some goood grappling exchanges here... Another one my flip-floppin indecisive ass can't decide on..

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

jshane4n6
jshane4n6
  • Predictions:  10,425  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 283

10.18.2018 | 9:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 461st

Ray vs. Ayari
Stevie Ray, DEC
sleeper FOTN. neither are heavy hitters but both solid technical boxers with a lot of heart. Ray has the edge with athleticism but it'll be close

"You'll do fooking nuthin"

bkt1982
bkt1982
  • Predictions:  2,023  |  53.2%
  • Forum Posts:  135
  • Post Score: 19

10.19.2018 | 6:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 1444th

Villante vs. Herman
Ed Herman
Herman has the talent and skill to climb the ranks again if he will do so remains to be seen.

"I dont fight to win, I fight to survive!"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

10.19.2018 | 11:46 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1306th

Ed Herman is pushing forty and has never been a great athlete even in his prime. He has technical ability but always looked like he was throwing punches underwater. He is a tough veteran but his fight with Villante will only determine who is the better gatekeeper. The odds of either ever becoming a genuine title threat is slim to none. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

10.21.2018 | 1:15 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 4 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 1579th

Oezdemir vs. Smith
Anthony Smith, TKO, R1
im kind of rooting for smith because he whupped one of my long time favs and i dont want to think shogun has fallen that far. Either way looking at this fight its probably going to be pretty damn exciting!

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv
  • Predictions:  1,447  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 183

10.24.2018 | 12:32 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 1579th

Bhullar vs. Golm
Arjan Bhullar, DEC
good fight matchmaking. Good test for both fighters. Golm does pose a risk to Bhullar but in the end its Bhullar by dec.

"Aiming to be professional sports handicapper"

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,048  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

10.25.2018 | 1:22 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 162nd

Lobov vs. Johnson
Michael Johnson, DEC
Not sure how Lobov gets a co-main event fight again but whatever.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.25.2018 | 2:25 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 638th

The GOAT gets what he asks for.

In all seriousness what we're experiencing is just run-of-the mill nepotism at work. The world largely runs on it, in my experience.

Let him have it, I say. Despite the fact he's 2-4 from his last six,  has never beaten anyone good, and probably should have been cut already. This is his last hurrah. He's probably going to get subbed or KO'ed anyway, so you know..... meh.

* Edited at 10.25.2018, 2:37 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 11 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
Gunnar
Gunnar
  • Predictions:  2,576  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  172
  • Post Score: 66

10.25.2018 | 5:02 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 808th

Oezdemir vs. Smith
Anthony Smith, TKO, R3
Similar to the Cirkunov situation, on review of tape Oezdemir has a lot of unanswered questions. I think Smith survives the first round, and Volkan begins to slow down. When he does a fatigued fight is much more in Smiths favour and he begins to land, Volkan panics and it is all down hill from there. I started feeling like Volkan would blow him out, but I think the case for Smith if he survives the first is strong. 3rd round if Volkan gives a good effort to finish Smith in the first and fails, 4th round if he measures himself with 5 rounds in mind. The 30:1 sub line for Smith was crazy, wouldn't shock me to see him do what he did to Rua when Volkan is dead tired, only instead of KO'ing him he runs into a clinch and Volkan is just gassed, ends up in turtle and Smith throws the hooks on and gets a choke.

Lobov vs. Johnson
Michael Johnson, DEC
Ever since I lost a big parlay with Cub vs Artem NOT distance as fodder I won't claim to have any confident prediction on a Lobov fight. Let's see what happens, but these are both weird fighters. MJ probably has moments but never strings them together, and artem just shakes it off and continues to do nothing. Conor confidence without the skill. MJ 30-27 with a few eye opening moments.

Cirkunov vs. Cummins
Patrick Cummins, DEC
Crazy how wide the odds are. Misha isn't that good to me. He just looks athletic and scary. He has that karate stance but his striking just isn't that good. He overextends on his left hands at times and it makes me realise how he isn't a natural anything in fighting. Durkin is vulnerable and gets beat up often, but his wrestling is legit, and I don't see much in the way of grappling from Misha. Glover took him down with ease and he quit. He is one of those guys who looks a lot stronger than he functionally performs in fights. I think Durkin finds a way onto the legs, slows it down into a wrestling fight and either Misha quits in the 2nd round or it goes to a competitive but Durkin top posish heavy decision. +800 for Durkin by Points is nuts and +350 for Durkin ML is way off.

Andre Soukhamthath, TKO, R1
Andre just has a terrible style. He spends more time observing a fight than participating in it. He stands there with his flat footed base and looks to throw left hooks and straight rights. He doesn't have much diversity and just doesn't perform well in the cage, ever. Martinez is very green and hasn't shown anything that would suggest he for sure wins, and he is also a natural 25'er. But I just think he is fast enough to land volume to score, and has the grappling to maybe get a takedown or two. Should be a pretty lame fight tbh. We will see the fight get stalemated by Soukhamthath and see how Martinez responds to that.

Villante vs. Herman
Gian Villante, TKO, R1
Gian is badly beat up, but Herman hasn't got a style. He is just a scrapper. Villante walks him down and lands something.

Haqparast vs. Gouti
Nasrat Haqparast, TKO, R1
Predicted him beating Diakese, and see him smoking Gouti. Not sure how much feeling out there will be on the feet, as he isn't a Wanderlei guy that comes charging for blood, but he throws with bad intentions and excellent technique. The KO will come, its a question of when. Gouti might be on his bike and drag it out.

Kattar vs. Fishgold
Chris Fishgold, SUB, R2
Not sure on this one, but I haven't seen Kattar have to grapple in any of his fights. Wouldn't surprise me if he can manage to keep it standing, but Fishgold has that english (ross pearson type) boxing with a tight guard and good hooks. He has ok wrestling and good submission skills. There wasn't even the hint of a clinch in any of Kattars fights, so they don't tell us much about how he will interact with Fishgold. I think Fishgold can snatch a takedown and slow him down, i'm working off the assumption that Kattar doesn't just stuff shots like a beast. He trains with Rob Font though so we will see.

Madge vs. Edwards
Te Edwards, TKO, R1
You might be inclined to think Edwards hasn't really fought anyone good in comparison to Madge's record of some tough guys on the local south african scene, and normally i'm inclined to see the case for the dog. But in this one I just don't see how Madge deals with the style of Edwards. Edwards is kind of a Tyron Woodley fighter. He has a strong wrestling base, and on the feet he waits to line up an explosive charge with a big right hand. Very powerful. Madge is like Thomas Almeida, a muay thai striker who breaks you down and your body eventually gives in from the accumulated damage. I don't see how Madge can put enough of a pace on Edwards to tire him out, without exposing himself to the danger of Edwards power in a manner that will lead to his death. Therefore I think the odds are right.

Bhullar vs. Golm
Arjan Bhullar, DEC
Golm had no answer for Johnson charging into the clinch. There wasn't even an attempt to avoid the clinch, he just immediately conceded it. I like Golm type heavyweights, a little leaner with power who can throw nice punches, but Bhullar has competent enough defence so I don't see him getting smoked, and I think he can get the clinch fairly easily and get a TD from there. Once on top I don't see Golm working back to his feet and re-establishing range.

Gunnar
Gunnar

10.26.2018 | 6:47 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Ray vs. Ayari
Stevie Ray, DEC
I'm not even sure Ayari has a style you can describe. He has the footwork without an understanding of how to work his movement into his striking timing, so in the end it doesn't facilitate his offence. It just has him on his bike until he decides to strike, and then he charges to ensure he collapses the distance because he doesn't have faith in his timing and understanding of range to just throw the technique properly and trust it will land. Ray isn't the most consistent guy, but at least he has a style. I think Ray wins via fundamentals. Actually being able to throw punches with some regard for technique. Probably a boring and ugly fight where Ayari is dancing and lunging, and Ray is trying to stay composed but march Ayari down. Ray just lands more in the end. I think 155 is a good weight class for Ayari but I can't trust he learned to strike in the last year.

DesmondTorres
DesmondTorres
  • Predictions:  743  |  58.8%
  • Post Score: 100

10.26.2018 | 7:15 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1366th

Taleb vs. Strickland
Nordine Taleb, TKO, R1
Hey

2018.10.26 12:39 PM ET

weigh-in result

Stevie Ray: 155.5 lbs (70.5 kgs)

weigh-in result

Jessin Ayari: 155.0 lbs (70.3 kgs)

weigh-in result

Arjan Bhullar: 242.0 lbs (109.8 kgs)

weigh-in result

Marcelo Golm: 255.5 lbs (115.9 kgs)
2018.10.26 12:40 PM ET

weigh-in result

Don Madge: 154.0 lbs (69.9 kgs)

weigh-in result

Te Edwards: 156.0 lbs (70.8 kgs)

weigh-in result

Sarah Moras: 135.5 lbs (61.5 kgs)

weigh-in result

Talita Bernardo: 133.0 lbs (60.3 kgs)
2018.10.26 12:41 PM ET

weigh-in result

Calvin Kattar: 146.0 lbs (66.2 kgs)

weigh-in result

Chris Fishgold: 146.0 lbs (66.2 kgs)

weigh-in result

Nasrat Haqparast: 156.0 lbs (70.8 kgs)

weigh-in result

Thibault Gouti: 155.5 lbs (70.5 kgs)

weigh-in result

Nordine Taleb: 170.5 lbs (77.3 kgs)

weigh-in result

Sean Strickland: 170.5 lbs (77.3 kgs)
2018.10.26 12:42 PM ET

weigh-in result

Court McGee: 170.5 lbs (77.3 kgs)

weigh-in result

Alex Garcia: 170.5 lbs (77.3 kgs)

weigh-in result

Gian Villante: 205.5 lbs (93.2 kgs)

weigh-in result

Ed Herman: 205.5 lbs (93.2 kgs)

weigh-in result

Andre Soukhamthath: 136.0 lbs (61.7 kgs)

weigh-in result

Jonathan Martinez: 135.0 lbs (61.2 kgs)
2018.10.26 12:43 PM ET

weigh-in result

Misha Cirkunov: 205.0 lbs (93.0 kgs)

weigh-in result

Patrick Cummins: 205.5 lbs (93.2 kgs)

weigh-in result

Artem Lobov: 145.5 lbs (66.0 kgs)

weigh-in result

Michael Johnson: 147.0 lbs (66.7 kgs)

weigh-in result

Volkan Oezdemir: 205.5 lbs (93.2 kgs)

weigh-in result

Anthony Smith: 205.5 lbs (93.2 kgs)
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

10.26.2018 | 1:00 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 258th

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

10.26.2018 | 4:54 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 213th

Oezdemir vs. Smith
Anthony Smith, SUB, R2
volkan has some quick hands, but misha and jimi have questionable chins too. i think smith can hang in the striking and that he can also win scrambles around the striking. tag him, find the back, rnc?

Lobov vs. Johnson
Michael Johnson, DEC
something tells me that this will be more competitive than it should be and that it'll somehow buy artem yet another high profile opportunity.

Cirkunov vs. Cummins
Patrick Cummins, DEC
i like misha, but i'm not sure he has the striking to really deter cummins from chainwrestling and i'm not sure how the scrambles go. plus there's a question of chin after 2 bad ko's.

Andre Soukhamthath, DEC
i guess they like andre or something, they keep giving him opportunities. martinez's last 2 opponents have me extremely skeptical of what he brings to the table so i'll just guess andre grinds for 15.

Villante vs. Herman
Gian Villante, TKO, R3
for entertainment's sake, i hope this one ends early and i think that'd favor gian.

McGee vs. Garcia
Court McGee, DEC
battle of who can keep the pressure, garcia hasn't really been beating anyone with good wrestling so i'll say he tires and gives court a chance for one last hurrah.

Taleb vs. Strickland
Nordine Taleb, DEC
this one could be a staring contest and i think nordine is better at making it seem like he's doing something, though tarzan could make things happen if he committed.

Haqparast vs. Gouti
Nasrat Haqparast, TKO, R2
seems like a big step back for haq, not sure why gouti is still around.

Kattar vs. Fishgold
Calvin Kattar, DEC
hey man, props to this dude for taking a fight that nobody else wants, and his competition has been decent, but i think kattar pulls off another under the radar decision win.

Moras vs. Bernardo
Sarah Moras, SUB, R2
bernardo probably wants to grapple and moras is actually pretty decent there so i'm not sure it's a great idea.

Madge vs. Edwards
Te Edwards, TKO, R1
still don't have much faith in the efc africa guys so i gotta roll with the idea that leon's brother is gettin the rub here.

Bhullar vs. Golm
Arjan Bhullar, DEC
so you lost to tim johnson, huh? well here's another wrestler for ya, have fun.

Ray vs. Ayari
Stevie Ray, DEC
this fight is a big question mark for me, ayari probably wants to get it to the ground but idk if he can hold ray down. ray is probably more dynamic.

the mehdi banner
the mehdi banner
  • Predictions:  1  |  0.0%
  • Post Score: 100

10.26.2018 | 5:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 1743rd

Oezdemir vs. Smith
Volkan Oezdemir, DEC
no comment hehe

"un homme sans faiblesse est un homme qui n'existe pas"

TrollingThunderKO
TrollingThunderKO
  • Predictions:  458  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  33
  • Post Score: 61

10.26.2018 | 6:54 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 998th

Oezdemir vs. Smith
Volkan Oezdemir, TKO, R2
Smith has been crushing legends, but Oezdemir has beaten three top tier LHWs before losing to Cormier. I think we are going to see Smith take a lot of chances and get rocked before being taken out in the second.

Lobov vs. Johnson
Michael Johnson, DEC
Lobov has none of the tools to win this fight. Johnson has tended to fail in the most important moments of his career, but this should be an easy win for him as he works at midrange and clips the short-armed Russian Hammer.

Cirkunov vs. Cummins
Misha Cirkunov, SUB, R2
Cirkunov belongs in this (tragic) division. He has a good shot at being one of the better gatekeepers at LHW, and Cummins probably isn't. This fight be more competitive than the odds suggest, but Cirkunov isn't likely to implode which leads me to think this will be a pretty straightforward win for him.

Jonathan Martinez, SUB, R3
I'm guessing Martinez gets beaten to a pulp in rounds one and two, but figures out a sub in round 3. I don't have much faith in Soukhamthath, but he has clearly had a much higher level of competition. This could be a mauling.

Villante vs. Herman
Gian Villante, TKO, R2
Gross. Why?

McGee vs. Garcia
Alex Garcia, DEC
I'm guessing we see a bunch of circling and Garcia gasses while throwing looping punches and still manages to win.

Taleb vs. Strickland
Nordine Taleb, TKO, R2
Nordine Taleb is one of those fighters I don't quite understand. He clearly has a lot to work with, is dangerous and athletic. But

Kattar vs. Fishgold
Calvin Kattar, SUB, R3
Could be a decent fight, possible FOTN given the nature of this card.

Bhullar vs. Golm
Arjan Bhullar, DEC
This is actually a pretty good bit of matchmaking. HW is strange.

Gunnar
Gunnar

10.27.2018 | 7:29 AM ET

Prediction Comments

McGee vs. Garcia
Alex Garcia, DEC
"Harder, better, faster, stronger."

Taleb vs. Strickland
Nordine Taleb, DEC
Strickland is just too relaxed. I can see the athletic explosions of Taleb being noted by judges as the more meaningful blows, while sean paws with jab jab hook and it doesn't get the crowd pop or respect from the judges. Close fight either way, but I just see Taleb landing more scoring shots.

Moras vs. Bernardo
Sarah Moras, DEC
Ewww kinda fight. I think Moras has more substance to her game, and can do a little more on the feet. Not a good fight. ITD quite likely also, maybe Moras gets a submission in a sloppy 2nd round scramble.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

10.27.2018 | 12:48 PM ET

Who the **** is that guy ↑

It's fight night baby!!!!
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

10.27.2018 | 5:39 PM ET

Check out my fancy new **** belt boys.
Eat your hearts out.
I'm winning this puppy tonight.
What time does this shin dig start at anyway?

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242