Topic: UFC 232

UFC 232: Jones vs. Gustafsson 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,821
  • Post Score: 47

07.18.2018 | 3:48 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 232
  • Saturday 12.29.2018 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: Fox Sports 1
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: The Forum
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,066,604
  • Attendance: 15,862
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 700,000 | TV Ratings: 1.15M avg. viewers (FS1 prelims, 1.46M peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jon Jones   defeats   Alexander Gustafsson   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:02 Round 3 of 5, 12:02 Total Bout Page
Amanda Nunes   defeats   Cris Cyborg   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:51 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Michael Chiesa   defeats   Carlos Condit   via Submission, Kimura   0:56 Round 2 of 3, 5:56 Total Bout Page
Corey Anderson   defeats   Ilir Latifi   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Volkanovski   defeats   Chad Mendes   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:14 Round 2 of 3, 9:14 Total Bout Page
Andrei Arlovski   vs.   Walt Harris   Overturned to No Contest   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Megan Anderson   defeats   Cat Zingano   via KO/TKO, Eye Injury   1:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Petr Yan   defeats   Douglas Silva de Andrade   via KO/TKO, Corner Stoppage   5:00 Round 2 of 3, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Ryan Hall   defeats   BJ Penn   via Submission, Heel Hook   2:46 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nathaniel Wood   defeats   Andre Ewell   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:12 Round 3 of 3, 14:12 Total Bout Page
Uriah Hall   defeats   Bevon Lewis   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:32 Round 3 of 3, 11:32 Total Bout Page
Curtis Millender   defeats   Siyar Bahadurzada   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Montel Jackson   defeats   Brian Kelleher   via Submission, D'arce Choke   1:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 3

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,430  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

12.17.2018 | 2:36 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1434th

Jones vs. Gustafsson II
Alexander Gustafsson, DEC
FINALLY!! Like 50 years late... We all know what were getting with Gus. He's definitely one of my top 5 all time Light-Heavyweight's. The question is, what kinda Jon Jones are we gonna get. I watched the 1st one sooo many times, and I still think Gus won that fight. Gus hasn't been VERY ACTIVE, But compared to Jones, he's been extremely active. I hafta go with Gus here. Besides. I kinda can't stand Jon Jones and how he always gets away with ****. IF ANYONE ELSE did the **** he has over the last 5 years, they wouldn't have gotten the same treatment. That's some bunk bullshat.

Justino vs. Nunes
Cristiane Justino, TKO, R3
Maaaan.... Is this fight really gonna happen!!? It's like a ****** dream fight. ****a super fight. There's not much that needs to be said about this matchup. It's gotta be the BEST chick fight ever put together. Like I can't even think of a close 2nd place, it's that ******* goood! There's a reason Cris Cyborg is one of the most dangerous and feared fighters all time....... Male or female.

Condit vs. Chiesa
Carlos Condit, TKO, R2
This is a strange matchup,... but Ooookk. Carlos Condit is in my top 5 favorite ever. In any weight class. I'm just not sure if he's AS MOTIVATED as he once was. All his performances Since the Robbie Lawler Title Fight (which I thought he won) have been a little lackluster. There's Nooo questioning Condit's Heart, His toughness, His Techniques, His Style, there's NOTHING to question about that... It's the motivation I'm not sure of. But I'm still taking him here. Chiesa isn't as goood as the number beside his name. it's that simple. Besides, it's about dammmn time Condit gets a win

Latifi vs. Anderson
Ilir Latifi, TKO, R1
The Sledgehammer is a perfect frickin name for Latifi. Sucha short **** man. Annnnd it's actually kinda crazy, Anderson is 7" taller, but only 3" reach advantage. It shouldn't matter tho. With Latifi being 20 fights into his career, he's prolly been the shorter guy, both height and reach in every single fight. I'm expecting Latifi to absolutely manhandle Anderson and beat him to a pulp

Mendes vs. Volkanovski
Alexander Volkanovski, DEC
Maaaan... I've been sooo excited for this exact fight.. I've been wanting to see Volkanovski vs Mendes since before Mendes was reinstated. Coz Volkanovski had been absolutely crushing ppl. He's done it to everyone they've put in front of him, and always wondered how he'd fair against Mendes or a Mirsad Bektiċ. I got what I was wishing for. Now we get to see if Volkanovski is a forreal title challenger or just a top 10 contender. Mendes HAS BEEN CRACKED before, remember what Frankie did to him before his suspension?

Arlovski vs. Harris
Walt Harris, TKO, R2
I honestly see this being a badd bad nite for Arlovski. I see The Big Ticket doing some big damage here... Veryyy easily.

Anderson vs. Zingano
Cat Zingano, DEC
I can see why this fight is pretty much split right down the middle.. The perfect example of a coin flip fight... But I just think Zingano has the edge in the wrestling department and she'll use it to grind out another decision.

Yan vs. Andrade
Petr Yan, DEC
I'm sooo pumped for everyone to getta glimpse of Petr Yan. Since they like putting him on fight pass. He was one of the debuts that I couldn't wait for and he hasn't disappointed me yet. Like this kid is the future of the Bantamweight division..

Penn vs. Hall
Ryan Hall, DEC
Maaaan... Why does the UFC looove cramming **** down your throat like this!? Can someone please gimme a reason why? Like just why?

Kelleher vs. Jackson
Brian Kelleher, DEC
Now if we make it to fight night and this fight is still together, I'd be shocked. I believe it's the 3rd or 4th time these 2 were supposed to fight (once in the UFC, once or twice in the regionals), and everytime something happens. But I understand why the match makers keep trying. It's a fun fight on paper, and thinking about them going at it.... Plus there's bad blood from the past.. All the reason to book the fight

Wood vs. Ewell
Nathaniel Wood, DEC
Another fantastic Bantamweight Scrap... Ppl were hating on the Wood vs. Duquesnoy fight, which woulda been a banger, sooo I hope you're happy with this fight. Should still be fun..

Hall vs. Lewis
Uriah Hall, TKO, R2
What a HUGE step up in competition for Lewis. Wow. I mean, from what I've seen from Bevon Lewis, he's ready for the UFC, despite only having 6 fights. But is he ready to literally be thrown to the wolves and facing a top 15 in the world kinda guy... I guess we'll see, but it'll be a fun fight. The fight pass prelims Maaaan... wayyy better than the FS1 prelims. Just another dig at FOX again, I guess...

Millender vs. Bahadurzada
Curtis Millender, DEC
This fight veryyy well may be the sleeper fight of the card... It should be a fire fight from bell to bell. My only worry is if Millender can withstand the power of Bahadurzada's strikes. He hits like a heavyweight...

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,430  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

12.17.2018 | 3:14 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1434th

Link: www.tapology.com/fantasy/6236/players/new?code=d07a7dbdafd2

Link to UFC 232 fantasy game... Only 5 chips. Hopefully my stoned dumbass put the link in right... Guess we'll see

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

Plaka predicts
Plaka predicts
  • Predictions:  1,996  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  80
  • Post Score: -217

12.17.2018 | 12:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 2139th

Jones vs. Gustafsson II
Alexander Gustafsson, DEC
its funny how they have fought almost the same number of fights since junes vs alex 1, but here is the prediction. alexander has more improvements since their fight, it doesnot matter that jones has a russian boxer as a friend, jones boxind defence consists in eyepokes and having his arms straight in front oponent. Alexander will go against that with his reach and the aproach of the ufc against eyepokes. both no easy to ko ands alex gonna win. it means ies a desition win for gustafson.

"i am plaka"

Soo Vintage
Soo Vintage
  • Predictions:  89  |  76.4%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 267

12.17.2018 | 1:31 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1149th

Millender vs. Bahadurzada
Millender, TKO, R2

Is it just me or is this a big step down in competition for Millender. Siyar hits hard but lacks a cardio. He is going to get winded and be prone to a strike that will drop him.

TheMMASensei
TheMMASensei
  • Predictions:  3,576  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  137
  • Post Score: 246

12.17.2018 | 4:15 PM ET

Was Jones on PED's all these years?

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1791st

Normally I would've picked Jones but with all the failing Doping tests, its hard to say whether he was or wasn't on PED's. I'm going to assume he was, and now that he's off them (As far as we know) I have Gus by decision.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

12.17.2018 | 9:02 PM ET

No Mercy Yan vs D'Silva Andrade is the best match-up on the card. Expecting fireworks

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 335th

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 3 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,220  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

12.18.2018 | 9:25 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 2305th

That’s definitely one of the top three fights on the card for me, Bruce. Yan is one of the most exciting signings the ufc has had in a while, and he’s a major threat in the 135 lb weight class. He’s yet to dissapoint, and I’m excited to see how he fares against the top 10 of the division!
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

12.18.2018 | 11:44 AM ET

@Cesar1987

What? Hard to say if he was or was not? *** you talking about. He was caught 3 times. It very clear he was on PED's. He dam lucky the first failure was pre USADA so they overlooked the fact he had T levels several times under what he should have (which means he was cycling).  It just a straight fact Jon Jones took PED's. People are kidding themselves to pretend otherwise. It was very obvious even form the hearing how corrupt UFC and athletic committee is. Director was literally acting as Jon Jones lawyer, it was utterly disgusting.

Also everyone should note how Jon Jones tune has change on going to heavy weight.  

* Edited at 12.18.2018, 11:45 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  51,862  |  75.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,337
  • Post Score: 169

12.18.2018 | 12:07 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1044th

Condit vs. Chiesa
Mike Chiesa, SUB, R2
I'm picking Chiesa because Condit hasn't been very successful against wrestlers.

TheMMASensei
TheMMASensei

12.18.2018 | 8:51 PM ET

* Edited at 12.18.2018, 8:52 PM ET *

TheMMASensei
TheMMASensei

12.18.2018 | 8:53 PM ET

Well if you read my whole comment, I said that I'm going with the fact that he WAS on PED's all these years, that's why I'm picking Gustaffson to win this fight.

* Edited at 12.18.2018, 9:26 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

12.18.2018 | 9:03 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 585 Points   |   Tied for 147th

According to my calculations!!!
Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

12.18.2018 | 11:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 2371st

Jones vs. Gustafsson II
Jon Jones, DEC
hoping for gustafsson but i think jones will take it.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  51,862  |  75.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,337
  • Post Score: 169

12.19.2018 | 11:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1044th

Penn vs. Hall
Ryan Hall, DEC
BJ Penn should've retired after Yair Rodriguez KO'd him.

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,048  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

12.20.2018 | 12:44 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2082nd

Jones vs. Gustafsson II
Jon Jones, TKO, R1
I would say Gustafson would have the edge because Jones has been laid off for over a year but Gustafson hasn't fought in over a year either...So Ring Rust Jones Versus Ring Rust Gus...I think Jones takes it.

Justino vs. Nunes
Cristiane Justino, TKO, R2
Mama Silverback Versus Baby Silverback. I am looking forward to this one.

Condit vs. Chiesa
Mike Chiesa, DEC
It bums me out that Condit the man that almost beat out GSP once for a title is now staring at over 4 losses in a row :(

Penn vs. Hall
Ryan Hall, DEC
BJ must be hurting for money. One of the greats he hasn't won a fight since he beat Matt Hughes 8 years ago who was also looking at retirement at the time.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

12.20.2018 | 1:29 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 585 Points   |   Tied for 147th

Jon jones refused VADA drug test! 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

12.20.2018 | 3:12 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 335th

Why are Conference calls still a thing in the UFC? Lame as ****. 

I can't remember a time in Prize-Fighting history that somebody said "ah man, did you here what this fighter said on the conference call!" 

I might spend way too much damn time on Tapology staring at my computer but 1 thing you'll never catch me doing is sitting around listening to people talk on a phone. What in the actual fook. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 3 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
ajaxx42
ajaxx42
  • Predictions:  1  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

12.21.2018 | 3:51 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 2435th

Wood vs. Ewell
Andre Ewell, TKO, R1
Andre Ewell by nocaut.

oldskoolgenius
oldskoolgenius
  • Predictions:  14  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

12.21.2018 | 5:09 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 292nd

Condit vs. Chiesa
Mike Chiesa, SUB, R2
I think mike wins by rnc

"defeat is a state of mind, no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

12.21.2018 | 10:35 AM ET

Watching people online defend Jon Jones not taking the VADA test is just pathetic. Luckily I have not seen that **** here, but other places it ridiculous.  I saw people taking Jones lawyer and Management version of the story as fact. It like how gullible can people be.  I really wish UFC would stop pretending he the goat. If he the goat why is he constantly getting caught taking PEDs every time he fights or schedule to fight cormier. It clear Jones is not confident enough to beat  cormier with out chemical assistance. Also notice how Jones wants no part of heavy weight anymore.  I hope Gus beats the **** out of Jones, just so UFC will stop blowing smoke up everyone ass with jones. 

* Edited at 12.21.2018, 10:39 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Sergio Pettis vs. Kyoji Horiguchi 2 announced for RIZIN 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Gegard Mousasi lashes out at PFL over lack of communication, refusal to book him since buying Bellator
  • MMA Junkie : PFL heads to Mohegan Sun, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls for second half of 2024 regular season
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhang
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Deontay Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhilei Zhang
  • MMA Mania : Jake Paul’s $10 Million Offer ‘Still Stands’ For MMA Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul offers Jorge Masvidal, Nate Diaz $10 million for MMA fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Robert Whittaker not sold on Bo Nickal after UFC 300, says he has ‘work to do’ before fighting Top 10
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 live results (7 p.m. ET): Welterweights, featherweights in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, But First...
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video at 2 p.m. ET.
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’