Topic: Bellator Discussion

DAZN Streaming Bellator Fights Now

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

07.18.2018 | 11:54 AM ET

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/7/18/17584670/dazn-us-launch-september-10th-monthly-subscription-fee-bellator-boxing-matchroom

So sounds like Bellator will have exclusive events on this streaming service. Kind of sucks I liked the freebie Bellator shows. Thoughts??

* Edited at 07.18.2018, 5:07 PM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

07.19.2018 | 3:51 PM ET

We're entering a world where you need all this if you want to watch all the MMA:

- DAZN
- ESPN+
- Fight Pass
- FITE
- FloCombat

- Cable TV or Streaming bundle (I use Sling TV)

Getting a little overwhelming. I don't see how all these services can stay in the MMA game and suspect in a few years there will be consolidation.

"I live, I die, I live again."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.19.2018 | 6:25 PM ET

We're in a transitional period. The mandatory platforms that exist now will dissolve over the course of the next five years and a top dog will emerge that will give users the option to make selections under one banner, or everything but Bellator and UFC will disappear . Dividing access through a myriad of streaming and cable services does nothing other than PITA everybody  of consuming MMA and results in industry-crippling inflated rates of piracy. And that's final. A lot of guys in the industry spearheading these ventures into locking consumers into exclusive and limiting streaming/ cable services simply can't see the forest for the trees.

Here's the simple truth;the market isn't big enough to accommodate them all. That is to say, there is simply not enough human beings willing to fork over hard earned cash for MMA out there. That's the long and short of it. The situation now is basically akin to if, hypothetically, 12 different fast food chains entered the market to sell nothing but various forms of Jellied eels. In direct competition with an already established Jellied eels fast food vendor that is known and trusted and has cornered 85% of the market.The UFC has a virtual monopoly on the industry. Really everything that isn't it is just scraps and crumbs, and that includes Bellator. It's a stranglehold that won't be shaken off easily.

* Edited at 07.19.2018, 7:35 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 2 hours, and 22 minutes from now.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

07.20.2018 | 9:17 PM ET

I never heard of DAZN until the Bellator deal. I won't be getting it though. I will, however, get ESPN+ after switching my sling from Blue to Orange which will make the cost a wash. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Full PFL Uncasville Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler official with 7 fights booked so far