Ajax loader

Topic: Bellator Discussion

DAZN Streaming Bellator Fights Now

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  104,981  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,475
  • Post Score: 182

07.18.2018 | 11:54 AM ET

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/7/18/17584670/dazn-us-launch-september-10th-monthly-subscription-fee-bellator-boxing-matchroom

So sounds like Bellator will have exclusive events on this streaming service. Kind of sucks I liked the freebie Bellator shows. Thoughts??

* Edited at 07.18.2018, 5:07 PM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  5,598  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  17,196
  • Post Score: 211

07.19.2018 | 3:51 PM ET

We're entering a world where you need all this if you want to watch all the MMA:

- DAZN
- ESPN+
- Fight Pass
- FITE
- FloCombat

- Cable TV or Streaming bundle (I use Sling TV)

Getting a little overwhelming. I don't see how all these services can stay in the MMA game and suspect in a few years there will be consolidation.

"I live, I die, I live again."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  2,474  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,727
  • Post Score: 71

07.19.2018 | 6:25 PM ET

We're in a transitional period. The mandatory platforms that exist now will dissolve over the course of the next five years and a top dog will emerge that will give users the option to make selections under one banner, or everything but Bellator and UFC will disappear . Dividing access through a myriad of streaming and cable services does nothing other than PITA everybody  of consuming MMA and results in industry-crippling inflated rates of piracy. And that's final. A lot of guys in the industry spearheading these ventures into locking consumers into exclusive and limiting streaming/ cable services simply can't see the forest for the trees.

Here's the simple truth;the market isn't big enough to accommodate them all. That is to say, there is simply not enough human beings willing to fork over hard earned cash for MMA out there. That's the long and short of it. The situation now is basically akin to if, hypothetically, 12 different fast food chains entered the market to sell nothing but various forms of Jellied eels. In direct competition with an already established Jellied eels fast food vendor that is known and trusted and has cornered 85% of the market.The UFC has a virtual monopoly on the industry. Really everything that isn't it is just scraps and crumbs, and that includes Bellator. It's a stranglehold that won't be shaken off easily.

* Edited at 07.19.2018, 7:35 PM ET *

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"--Voltaire.

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  7,521  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,171
  • Post Score: 144

07.20.2018 | 9:17 PM ET

I never heard of DAZN until the Bellator deal. I won't be getting it though. I will, however, get ESPN+ after switching my sling from Blue to Orange which will make the cost a wash. 

" "...people love guns because America is a land of opportunity, where a poor man can become rich, and a ***** can become a tough guy, if he's got a gun in his hand." -Shoot Em Up"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor has no problem fighting 'next in line' to get Khabib Nurmagomedov rematch
  • MMA Weekly : Conor McGregor Gives Detailed Breakdown of His Performance Against Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor releases lengthy statement on loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier downplays risk of UFC 230 title fight: 'Do I really have all that much to lose?'
  • MMAFighting.com : Jared Cannonier steps in to fight David Branch at UFC 230
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC on FOX 31 poster released
  • MMA Weekly : Renato Moicano vs. Mirsad Bektic On Tap for UFC 231 in Toronto
  • MMA Junkie : What if the Ben Askren-to-UFC dream isn't completely dead?
  • MMA Weekly : Dana White’s State of the UFC: Khabib vs. McGregor Fallout, DC vs. Lewis, Brock Lesnar, GSP, and More
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC fighter Raulian Paiva injured, girlfriend in coma after being struck by a car in Brazil
  • MMA Junkie : How to MMA: Antonio Carlos Junior breaks down his notoriously effective rear-naked choke
  • MMA Weekly : Daniel Cormier Breaks Down Volkan Oezdemir vs Anthony Smith: UFC Fight Night Moncton
  • MMAFighting.com : Sijara Eubanks says she ‘screamed at Dana White’ over losing title shot at UFC 230
  • MMA Weekly : UFC Fight Night 138 Results: Oezdemir vs. Smith (Full Results and Live Fight Stats)
  • MMA Weekly : UFC 230 Results: Cormier vs. Lewis (Full Results and Live Fight Stats)
  • MMA Weekly : Latest UFC 230: Daniel Cormier vs. Derrick Lewis Fight Card
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones says critics who call him a cheater just don't want to give him credit. Is he right?
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: PVZ beau Austin Vanderford remains undefeated with wicked KO, more
  • MMA Weekly : Why Did Dana White Make the Daniel Cormier vs. Derrick Lewis Bout?
  • MMAFighting.com : Randy Couture talks ‘only concern’ he has with Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3, breaks down bout