Topic: Former Fighters & Retirements

Chris Leben is coming out of retirement to fight Phil Baroni in a bareknuckle boxing match.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.18.2018 | 5:02 AM ET

Everything about this is bad.

It's like raisins in a salad.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/17/17583460/chris-leben-coming-out-of-retirement-to-fight-phil-baroni-in-bare-knuckle-match
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 6 hours, and 41 minutes from now.

Responses

jacomalfoy1
jacomalfoy1
  • Predictions:  26,186  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 187

07.18.2018 | 10:44 AM ET

I've never been more excited for anything in my entire life. Chris Leben is hands down my favorite fighter of all time. #WarCatSmasher #Doitifyourebad #Diegostryingtosleep 

"USA in this hoe"

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

07.18.2018 | 11:26 AM ET

This sounds like a great idea. Guy with physical health issues and mental health issues signs on to fight in a bare knuckle fight. Pick which fighter has the issues. Both are in no shape to be fighting. 

"Where are my shoes?"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

07.18.2018 | 2:49 PM ET

Man @mbach your right but @jaco i agree with him too.
I always liked leben and im loving the bare knuckle boxing events they should b on here for picks.
That bec rowlings fight was awesome! She will b back in the ufc soon if she keeps fighting like that.
I even liked baroni when i first seen him destroy i think it was dave menet.
I'd say great for the fans like me who get to watch.
Maybe not so great for the fighters. I suspect alot of damage in that fight.

P.s.@fish i get the feeling your tapology soul mate bruce is the one giving u down votes for nothing.
He must blame u for his suspension. Or he's mad u didn't get suspended too.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,850  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

07.18.2018 | 4:46 PM ET

Guaranteed Leben knocks out Baroni with the first left hand he lands. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.18.2018 | 5:23 PM ET

@Free if you like bareknuckle boxing, check out this documentary if you haven't seen it. Follows a bunch of Gypsy bareknuckle fighters ( Fair fighters).

Most of them fight like drunks at barbecues, but it's very interesting and entertaining all the

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 6 hours, and 41 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

07.18.2018 | 5:44 PM ET

I'm not dumping on either guy for taking the fight. It's their job to fight. I just won't be watching.

"Where are my shoes?"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.18.2018 | 8:13 PM ET

Yeah Free, I'm pretty sure he's downvoting me. I don't think it's because of the ban, it's more likely it's owing to the fact I beat him on picks for the latest DW contender series card, which isn't supposed to happen because apparently he beats me every card and I never pick the contender series fights because I'm a ****et casual.

I don't mind.He can downvote me all he likes as long as he keeps his mouth shut and isn't hurling a tirade of drunk abuse during the chats for the live cards.

It's a bit of shame really, he's actually good to talk to when he isn't being a *******, but those moments seem to be few and far between.

* Edited at 07.18.2018, 8:15 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

07.18.2018 | 9:09 PM ET

@fish great doc thanx buddy. I swear the one scene with the nevins talking in the caravan
is an exact replica of guy ritchies movie snatch when micky is in the caravan with his buddies 
And shows the picture of his ma! Same exact ****en hat! Same scene all crowded on the couch.

As far as bruce i know i agree he really knows what hes talking about he just gets pissed to fast
taking **** overboard. Im guilty of that way to often as well as most on here seem to b. We all need to chill.

Hear that bruce we're onto u we know your still on hear reading this ****. Everyone loves u buddy 
Just stop being a **** so often.
Lurker765
Lurker765
  • Predictions:  3,153  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 238

01.29.2021 | 2:32 AM ET

* Edited at 01.29.2021, 2:35 AM ET *

"If Tyson Griffin was a girl, he would have a badonkadonk." Joe Rogan during UFC 67

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • MMA Mania : Prospect Watch! Say Hello To Ernesto ‘Starboy’ Rodriguez
  • UFC.com : Vicente Luque: Expect Fireworks
  • MMA Mania : Aging Mac Will Fight Until He’s ‘Laid Out Flat’
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Believes He ‘Would Have Beat’ Khabib in Rumored Superfight, Reveals His MMA GOATs
  • UFC.com : Erin Blanchfield Is Having A Full-Circle Moment
  • MMA Junkie : ONE 168 headlined by Stamp Fairtex vs. Jing Nan Xiong dual champion bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reveals story behind heated negotiation with UFC sponsor: ‘Take your money … shove it right up your ass’
  • UFC.com : Manon Fiorot Has Gold On Her Mind
  • Middle Easy : Brendan Schaub Calls Conor McGregor The ‘Most Underpaid Athlete’ of All Time: ‘No One Wants to Hear This’
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya ‘Ready To Go’ For DDP Fight At UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Shabliy ‘not fully sure’ Usman Nurmagomedov fight happening, still awaiting contract and terms from PFL
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch: Merab Dvalishvili never fought someone like Sean O'Malley, 'who can put your lights out, one punch'
  • Bad Left Hook : Juan Francisco Estrada vs Bam Rodriguez official for June 29
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Makes Promise to His Children That Infamous Wife-Slapping Incident ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Georges St-Pierre reveals what his strategy would have been vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Junkie : Maycee Barber fires back at Erin Blanchfield for calling her pathetic: 'Erin fought my leftovers'