Ajax loader

Topic: UFC Discussion

Whittaker won't defend until at least February 2019 due to hand injuries.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  1,910  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,105
  • Post Score: 55

07.17.2018 | 4:28 PM ET

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/17/17579864/morning-report-robert-whittaker-out-with-injury-wont-defend-middleweight-title-until-early-2019

"Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind the slime of a new bureacracy."

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.17.2018 | 4:46 PM ET

Not sure why that earned a downvote...don't shoot the messenger lol.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  613  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,042
  • Post Score: -6

07.17.2018 | 6:40 PM ET

Fan boys be throwing those down votes like crazy have a couple upvotes on me.
Far as whitaker i kind of expected this after the war with romero.
What a fight that was. Surprised romero isn't out too.

"I call him gamblore"

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  694
  • Post Score: 104

07.18.2018 | 11:29 AM ET

In the meantime they could have kelvin and weidman fight for the #1 contender spot...oh wait that happened already and the guy who lost is getting the shot. Wme doing their best to make zero sense.

"Where are my shoes?"

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  4,745  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,650
  • Post Score: 187

07.18.2018 | 11:48 AM ET

I don't like it when guys get title shots after coming off a lengthy injury. Weidman needs a tune-up fight (and another win) before challenging for the belt. 

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.18.2018 | 2:53 PM ET

Have to agree with both of you.

"I call him gamblore"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.18.2018 | 4:58 PM ET

so who do you give weidman?

I feel like it will be Costa...which would probably result in another brutal TKO for Chris. Nothing ever seems to line up for him, other than Gastelum he just gets murderer after murderer.Maybe Jacare vs Weidman?

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  694
  • Post Score: 104

07.18.2018 | 5:10 PM ET

Yeah I only posted the problem without a solution. My fault. I think Chris should get a high profile fight (he only fights guys inside to 5 anyhow) and sort it out after that fight instead of just giving it to kelvin. I like the Whittaker vs Kelvin fight, I just feel the ufc jumped the gun giving him the shot. They have nothing but time on their side with Whittaker, so why rush announcing the next contender. Why not at least give the illusion that multiple mw's are in play. Then let the fighters decide by their actions in the octagon.

"Where are my shoes?"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  1,708  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  847
  • Post Score: 51

07.18.2018 | 6:48 PM ET

But nobody clearly deserve it at 185pds now so I think thats not a problem! Lets the contender (Weidman Gastelum, Costa, Adesanya) fight each other until feburuary and hope somebody emerge!

"It's not important to always win, it's important to always give it all!"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.18.2018 | 8:22 PM ET

I think adesanya would beat Costa. That would be a striking match exclusively and nobody is going to outstrike Adesanya.Adesanya is not hall, he will not get frozen and/or closed off against the cage. Costa would be hitting a lot of air and getting punched a lot. Not sure if Adesanya finishes him but if not I'd expect a 30-27 on the cards.

* Edited at 07.18.2018, 8:23 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.18.2018 | 9:17 PM ET

@hyrm i agree let them fight it out to c who deserves the title shot.

@mbach agree with u too ufc really jumped the gun on this one. 
I dont know why since they have so much time. I swear however makes ufc fights is so lost.

@fish that would b a great fight adesanya's biggest challenge yet
A stryker who can strike. But i also think adesanya wins that 30-27

Ufc should do a minni tourney with mid weight untill whittaker is good.
Let things sort themselves out.

"I call him gamblore"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.19.2018 | 1:09 AM ET

The spider anderson silva is cleared to fight in october.
I think he should be in the mix for a possible fight for the right to get a title shot.

"I call him gamblore"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Walk-off KO weekend, fighters spinning and winning, David Michaud’s mystery finish, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier taunts Brock Lesnar after Summerslam loss
  • MMAFighting.com : Arrest warrant issued for Andrea Lee’s husband Donny Aaron for domestic violence charges
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman: Darren Till reminds me of ‘Anthony Johnson continuously trying to make 170’ 
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour live now
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Kayla Harrison, Mickey Gall, Paul Felder in the Monday Morning Analyst, Tom Lawlor, the Sound Off and More
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Kayla Harrison, Mickey Gall, Paul Felder in the Monday Morning Analyst, the Sound Off and More
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour now
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White ‘not interested’ in superfight between Georges St-Pierre and Nurmagomedov-McGregor winner
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White ‘not interested’ in superfight between Georges St-Pierre and Khabib vs. McGregor winner
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Oliveira says old beef with Neil Magny fuels him ahead of UFC Sao Paulo
  • MMAFighting.com : Craig White will happily engage Diego Sanchez in ‘bloody as f*ck’ fight at UFC 228
  • MMAFighting.com : Cristiano Marcello: Brave is paying me ‘a lot more than the UFC’ for MMA return
  • MMAFighting.com : Devonte Smith ‘coming for everybody Dana White got’ after securing Contender Series contract
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 229 almost sold out; already second-largest gate in UFC history
  • MMAFighting.com : The Weekly Grind: Kevin James attempts spinning attack on Chris Weidman, Cerrone has near-death experience in Mexico
  • MMAFighting.com : Pederneiras talks McGregor’s heartfelt comments after Aldo’s win, breaks down Conor vs. Khabib
  • MMAFighting.com : Rafael Cavalcante’s ideal opponent for Anderson Silva’s return? Daniel Cormier
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje isn’t sure why James Vick is talking so much trash, but he knows the payback will be sweet
  • UFC.com : Ewell determined to display his talent at UFC Sao Paulo