Topic: UFC Discussion

seriously nobody thinks stipe deserves a rematch after 5 eye pokes he got from dc.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

07.14.2018 | 11:10 AM ET

C'mon

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,559
  • Post Score: 275

07.14.2018 | 11:18 AM ET

Fight doesn't really make much business sense. There's other fights that the general public would rather see.  Cormier is going to retire soon.  Opponents like Brock Lesnar and Jon Jones would do much better business and that's where the UFC is going to look. 

"I live, I die, I live again."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.14.2018 | 11:36 AM ET

Sadly i know thats whats going to happen. All because stipe doesn't get face to face with dc
And call him out on those eye pokes. We must consider how great of a champ mioccic has been.
Guy needs to go find dc and smack him or something just to make some noise to make it a big money fight.
But of coarse he wont. i think dc has 2 or 3 fights left. But he will wait for brock cause he really wants that pay
day. And if he loses a fight at heavyweight in the mean time it could effect his fight with brock. Mr. Mioccic u really got ******.
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

07.14.2018 | 2:28 PM ET

I think Miocic was overrated in the first place.  Three whole title defenses and he's the greatest heavyweight of all time?  In any case, his performance against DC doesn't exactly warrant an immediate rematch, he got finished cleanly in the first round.  It's not as though he can't be next in line after Lesnar, though.  Albeit for the vacant title.  There are more interesting fights for Miocic than an immediate rematch, Miocic vs. Velasquez would make a lot of sense.  Cain would run through him though.

I'm more perturbed by the fact that Lesnar gets a title shot at all.  Lesnar hasn't been relevant in MMA for 8 years and it's been clearly established that he can't hang with the best heavyweights in the world.  Not without cheating he can't.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.14.2018 | 4:15 PM ET

Cause of the money thats why. I bet he demanded a title shot.
jodybanman
jodybanman

07.14.2018 | 4:41 PM ET

He didn't have to demand one, I'm sure Dana begged him to come back.  I understand that, money talks.  What I don't understand is why Lesnar is still so in demand as an MMA fighter.  For me, the novelty wore off after his losses to Cain and Overeem.  

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.14.2018 | 5:03 PM ET

Cause he has a chip on his shoulder and he talks **** like he's the best.
Same as conner and colby and jones.
ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,079  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

07.14.2018 | 5:11 PM ET

I agree that there are a lot better options for him. He got starched in one round he shouldn't be fighting so soon him vs Cain is the fight to make after he takes the time he needs to recover.

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.14.2018 | 5:42 PM ET

I am simpatico with Jody. How is Lesnar still a draw? He has fought 3 times in eight ******* years, has lost two of those fights by TKO and the one he did win was a boring drymhump festival which was later ruled a no-contest because he's PED ape and popped accordingly.H is best wins are Mir (who he also has a loss to) and Couture who he outweighed by 6000 pounds.

Sometimes a disturbing idea comes to me, and that is that there is no underlying market for guys like Lesnar at all; we're just duped into thinking there is, get suckered into the circus, tune in and become that market.

It's either that, or the fact that he's a big huge white American Aryan dude and maybe the vast majority of fans identify with that and care about that more than records. And performances. And Belts. And fighting clean.

* Edited at 07.14.2018, 5:48 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 3 hours, and 30 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.15.2018 | 1:20 AM ET

Brock brings a million wwe fans who dont usually watch ufc to add to ppv sales.
unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

07.15.2018 | 1:44 AM ET

Too much has been made of DC eye pokes. Stipe was also guilty. However neither performed that foul like Jon Jones does.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

jodybanman
jodybanman

07.16.2018 | 1:59 PM ET

To me the solution to eye pokes is easy, fighter's get one warning for outstretched fingers, not even necessarily for poking.  Then if they do poke after a warning it's a point.  Once points are being taken consistently you would see far fewer eye pokes.

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

07.16.2018 | 2:38 PM ET

Yes I said the night Cormier repeatedly gauged Miocic’s his eyes out , taking his vision before KOing him that Miocic deserves an immediate rematch. 

No way Cormier risks it though.   He’s not interested in actually being the best but only calling himself the best. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.16.2018 | 4:14 PM ET

Lol @swain i agree %100
@unbeknowist dc did it first. That is the way of things in fighting to do it right back.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.16.2018 | 4:18 PM ET

@jody how can u say finished cleanly? Eye pokes remember. He blinded stipe then caught him.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

07.16.2018 | 4:46 PM ET

He had scratch marks all over his eyes. It was ridiculous.  That’s just taking a flash picture of 1 incidental pawing motion and comparing it to the multiple flicking motion the actual footage shows. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.16.2018 | 6:13 PM ET

Have to agree with Swain, there was a lot of gouging by Cormier. However I don't think that's why Miocic was KO'ed. That happened because unlike Jones Stipe doesn't have a teep/oblique attack to keep him from leaning in and landing uppercuts, dirty boxing and short punches in general especially off the break. Watch the second Jones fight; Bones adapted on the fly to this, and ultimately timed him coming in and landed that devastating head kick.All Miocic does is box and wrestle. I had thought about this before the fight but just assumed Miocic would have a contingency plan for this given DC fights the same way every showing.

He didn't lose to pokes, he lost because he didn't adapt his game to suit the guy in front of him.

* Edited at 07.16.2018, 6:18 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 3 hours, and 30 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.16.2018 | 9:07 PM ET

Decent argument @fish but we'll never know for sure without a rematch.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

07.18.2018 | 11:27 AM ET

He does. More than any previous hw champ. But i dont think the result would change. Not that it couldnt but i think dc is a bad matchup for stipe (or just about any hw in the world).

"Where are my shoes?"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

07.18.2018 | 12:01 PM ET

@Fish

Though you are very correct about how Jones KO DC, he was only able to capitalize because DC got tired while Jones (who on PED) was as fresh as always. That allowed him to capitalize on a slightly slower DC to land the head kick. What makes it even more suspect is that Jones throw more strikes in those rounds then he had ever thrown, yet was still as fresh as always. That just provides more evidence that PED's directly aided in his win over DC.

Also interesting note is DC landed a few hard punches on Jones in that fight, one that luanch his mouth piece out. It interesting what would of happen had that been heavy weight. I think there a good chance that big over right hand that DC landed would of dropped Jones if that had been at HW.

"here I come to save the day"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.18.2018 | 2:31 PM ET

Your right on point franklin.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book